MDMA to Treat PTSD

A lot of people who claim to have PTSD don't have it.

They're just, tightly wound, aggressive, self-pitying people and have found a way to be OK with that.

Much sympathy to anyone who really has it. Lifestyle change and meditation will prob do more for them than pills.

9 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

A lot of people who claim to have PTSD don't have it.

They're just, tightly wound, aggressive, self-pitying people and have found a way to be OK with that.

Much sympathy to anyone who really has it. Lifestyle change and meditation will prob do more for them than pills.

Wow, we now have an expert in the gang; what's you're personal experience with PTSD?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scorecard said:

what's you're personal experience with PTSD?

I have been clinically diagnosed with PTSD and have been treated for it.

Meditation helped me the most. But it's not for everybody.

As I said, much sympathy to anyone who has it.

I come from TrumpLand. I have seen people wear tee shirts saying they're veterans suffering from PTSD and might go off on a sneery liberal.

In 3 cases I that I encountered, they weren't even veterans. Their PTSD was as imaginary as their service record.

Claiming fake PTSD is the same as emotional Stolen Valor.

Edited by Prubangboy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I have been clinically diagnosed with PTSD and have been treated for it.

Meditation helped me the most. But it's not for everybody.

As I said, much sympathy to anyone who has it.

I come from TrumpLand. I have seen people wear tee shirts saying they're veterans suffering from PTSD and might go off on a sneery liberal.

In 3 cases I that I encountered, they weren't even veterans. Their PTSD was as imaginary as their service record.

Claiming fake PTSD is the same as emotional Stolen Valor.

Please don't play games with PTSD.

I'm a Vietnam war veteran, I saw horrible brutality in engagement with the enemy and 

lack of empathy and concern/support from my own officers.

I still have flashbacks, nightmares panic and anxiety attacks. I quickly start to shake and run around the supermarket (or wherever) searching for my 4 Thai grand kids and my Thai adult son and his wife. If I can't quickly see them I go into serious panis.  

About 20 / 30 evenings a year my Thai son sits with me all night to calm me down if needed.

I've tried severe medications, they didn't help and I stopped them quickly.

A respected psychiatric PTSD doctor from the OZ DVA has said that he doesn't believe there will ever be a cure and he suggests relaxing with a loved one as the best relief. 

I'll add, I lived in a war veterans village near Sydney for 2 years, many quite young War Veterans from the Afghanistan conflict lived there, many married with little kids.

I was asked if I would sit and chat with some of them for a few hours (always with their wifes present) and I did*.

Their horrific stories of conflict, bodies being blown up, death events really upset me and I realized their levels of PTSD were even greater than my own. These sessions seemed to give them some relief and I also got some relief from these discussions / chats.

*Most refused to sit with / discuss with psychiatrists and similar because these guys just didn't understand what the veterans were trying to explain. 

Edited by scorecard

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

*Most refused to sit with / discuss with psychiatrists and similar because these guys just didn't understand what the veterans were trying to explain. 

You have my empathy and respect.

Out of deference to your situation, I will post no more on this topic.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I'm a Vietnam war veteran, I saw horrible brutality in engagement with the enemy and 

lack of empathy and concern/support from my own officers.

I still have flashbacks, nightmares panic and anxiety attacks. I quickly start to shake and run around the supermarket (or wherever) searching for my 4 Thai grand kids and my Thai adult son and his wife. If I can't quickly see them I go into serious panis.  

About 20 / 30 evenings a year my Thai son sits with me all night to calm me down if needed.

I've tried severe medications, they didn't help and I stopped them quickly.

A respected psychiatric PTSD doctor from the OZ DVA has said that he doesn't believe there will ever be a cure and he suggests relaxing with a loved one as the best relief. 

I'll add, I lived in a war veterans village near Sydney for 2 years, many quite young War Veterans from the Afghanistan conflict lived there, many married with little kids.

I was asked if I would sit and chat with some of them for a few hours (always with their wifes present) and I did*.

Their horrific stories of conflict, bodies being blown up, death events really upset me and I realized their levels of PTSD were even greater than my own. These sessions seemed to give them some relief and I also got some relief from these discussions / chats.

Did you ever try EMDR ?

(Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is a comprehensive psychotherapy that helps you process and recover from past experiences that are affecting your mental health and wellbeing. It involves using side to side eye movements combined with talk therapy in a specific and structured format.

Sorry for your troubles. I met a couple guys like you in Asia.

Edited by freedomnow