Lazada / Shopee vouchers - who actually picks up the tab?

Crossy

A few days ago, I got a great deal on some kit on Lazada.

The base price of 40,500 THB was already pretty good, most other sellers were about 42,000.

Lazada also had a 15% "6-6" voucher.

So, I got 6,075 Baht off!

Also, unusually, Lazada had two "6-6" 15% vouchers, so I bought another unit on a separate order using the second voucher.

Total saving 12,150 THB.

So, who actually picks up the tab for the discount, Lazada or the seller (or is it split in some way)?

I note that the base price on that seller is now 41,800 THB and they are out of stock.

image.jpeg.5916eb51bbb015b6e1470fccc7bd8779.jpeg

• Agree 1

Don't know who pays, but a couple of months back I scored a 75" TCL TV, reduced with vouchers from over 24kbht to under 17kbht.

If you're buying big you gotta wait for voucher day!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Won't be Lazada will be the seller, somehow must be agreed with the seller beforehand, kinda agree certain products have discount vouchers

Actually it is split between Lazada and a seller with lazada picking up most of the tab.

10 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Actually it is split between Lazada and a seller with lazada picking up most of the tab.

nah, why would Lazada picking up the tab, is that what Amazon and ebay do?

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

So, who actually picks up the tab for the discount, Lazada or the seller (or is it split in some way)?

You're assuming that it isn't the buyer who pays by the "discount" being factored into the price.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I sold a few things on both lazada and shopee where customers used these vouchers. My final fee was just a little higher than usual cut they take.

So yes it is duh not nah.

And FYI ebay and amazon also have ocassional promos, but to a much lesser extent.

• Like 2

Sometimes the seller or sometimes it is Lazada who offers the deal.  Very often it will be itemised at checkout but note it is not in the ops case.  I cant imagine lazada giving that much of a discount though unless they themseves are the vendor.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's exactly what most online operators do, at least in the first several years of operations. The investors fund discounts and free shipping in order to increase the customer base, even if it means taking a loss on every sale. 

The only thing with Lazada or Shopee is the amount of counterfeit goods that continue to be sold.

I've been stiffed on external HDDs twice.

Both failed.

When applying for the 3 year warranty you then find the serial number doesn't exist.

Lost a lot of valuable data...

(But the companies continue to sell them).

• Like 1