New York Bangkok Direct Flight

NamKAheng

I wonder what is the best price for the direct flight New York Bangkok on Thai Airways, premium economy class?

I know that Thai have limited airplane for those direct flight so when one is down you maybe have to do one stop and those other airplane don't have premium economy so what happend do they give you your money back if they don't have premium economy seat?

With a post like that, I makes me wonder if you run around all day worrying if the sky is going to fall. I've flown many times the non-stop flights (JFK-BKK, LAX-BKK), and never once was an Airbus 350 unavailable.

It's been a while since I did the JFK-BKK round trip, but it was priced at about US$1089. This of course was in 2005. I believe the LAX-BKK are also priced in the same ballpark. Check their website, then consult with a travel agent (or newspaper) to compare prices.

Thai now has four of the A340-500 aircraft. That's enough for daily flights to and from both LAX and JFK and about 10 hours of downtime every other day per aircraft. The downtime should be plenty for maintenance or short flights to other destinations. I haven't done the "math", but I think the schedule allows them to pull one aircraft out of service for one round trip and still cover the service with the other three aircraft (albeit with a delayed departure).

If one of the A340-500's is unavailable, I think they can substitute an A340-600. The seating plan is such that every business and economy passenger gets the the type of seat they booked, and premium economy passengers can be assigned a pair of economy seats.