Israeli Forces Rescue Hostages, Held By Al Jazeera & Palestine Chronicle Journalist

Social Media

image.png.cb0c12268ea582c7fbd5770cf0683b4b.png

Over the weekend, Israeli special forces conducted a daring rescue operation in the central Gaza Strip, successfully freeing four hostages. Three of the hostages—Almog Meir Jan, Andrey Kozlov, and Shlomi Ziv—were being held in the home of Abdallah Aljamal, a Palestinian journalist and member of the Hamas terrorist group, according to the Israeli military.

The raid took place in Nuseirat, where soldiers stormed the Aljamal household. Rumors had circulated on social media about the operation, fueled by a post from Ramy Abdu, head of the Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor. Abdu’s post included an image purportedly from the Aljamal home but did not mention the presence of hostages. The Israeli military later confirmed that Aljamal, who had been killed in the raid, was holding the hostages alongside his family. 

image.png.3c917e6c3942ee15b1e7f3520a85174d.png

Source

Aljamal, a former spokesman for the Hamas-run labor ministry in Gaza, had contributed to various news outlets, including the Palestine Chronicle. During the ongoing war in Gaza, numerous articles by Aljamal were published, even as he allegedly held the hostages. His father, Dr. Ahmed Aljamal, was also killed during the raid. The operation highlighted the complex and dangerous conditions faced by both the hostages and the rescuing forces. Many of Aljamal’s recent stories for the Palestinian Chronicle focused on the ongoing IDF operation in Nuseirat, where his own home was located and where Israeli intelligence had figured out he was holding three of the four hostages rescued on Saturday near a refugee camp. The organization confirmed on Sunday that Aljamal was a contributor reporting on the ground in Gaza, but made no mention that he was holding three hostages.  

image.png.a97a8e3e0a7d1692b46017ec032e95df.png

The rescue mission, named "Operation Arnon" in honor of Yamam commander Ch. Insp. Arnon Zmora, who was fatally wounded by Hamas gunfire during the raid, involved simultaneous raids on two buildings in Nuseirat. The fourth hostage, Noa Argamani, was rescued from a nearby building.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) and the Shin Bet security agency confirmed the presence of hostages in Aljamal's home, denouncing Hamas for using civilian populations as human shields. "This is further proof that the Hamas terrorist organization uses the civilian population as a human shield," the military stated. The IDF acknowledged civilian casualties during the operation but attributed the blame to Hamas for holding hostages in densely populated civilian areas.

image.png.18b5a6d801f1216237dc6c9e6eeefa5a.png

Source

Hamas’s government media office claimed that 274 people were killed during the operation, though this figure remains unverified and does not distinguish between combatants and civilians. IDF Spokesman Daniel Hagari reported fewer than 100 Palestinian casualties, noting uncertainty about the proportion of terrorists among them.

Aljamal’s involvement with Hamas and his dual role as a journalist had previously sparked controversy. He had written a column for Al Jazeera in 2019, leading to rumors that he was a correspondent for the Qatari news outlet—a claim that Al Jazeera denied.

The hostages had been abducted from the Supernova music festival near the community of Re’im on October 7, when a massive attack by Hamas terrorists resulted in the deaths of 1,200 people and the abduction of 251 hostages. The rescue of Almog Meir Jan, Andrey Kozlov, Shlomi Ziv, and Noa Argamani marks a significant achievement for Israeli forces amidst the ongoing conflict in Gaza.

Related Topic:

Al Jazeera journalist reportedly moonlights as Hamas commander claims IDF

Credit: TOS - NYP - X - 2024-06-11

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tug - Amazing.  You can make sense here on your post.  You know your hero loves Hamas and is an anti-Semitic.  Him, Blinken, and Sullivan.  He needs the 'River to the Sea' voters in Nov. to win MI.  You sound like you are not in full support of Biden who is trying to prevent Israel from defeating Hamas.  In case you don't know Hezbollah still sends in between 300 and 500 missiles a day into northern Israel.  Just hope Biden give Israel the munitions they paid for, let them destroy Hamas and Hezbollah if it needs to any maybe live in peace.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - Amazing.  You can make sense here on your post.  You know your hero loves Hamas and is an anti-Semitic.  Him, Blinken, and Sullivan.  He needs the 'River to the Sea' voters in Nov. to win MI.  You sound like you are not in full support of Biden who is trying to prevent Israel from defeating Hamas.  In case you don't know Hezbollah still sends in between 300 and 500 missiles a day into northern Israel.  Just hope Biden give Israel the munitions they paid for, let them destroy Hamas and Hezbollah if it needs to any maybe live in peace.

Wow and there I thought we were still supporting our ally Israel when did that stop?please enlighten me heck all of us.now if you are conflating the administrations desire to minimize civilian casualties I suggest you seek professional help that’s just bizarre .

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think this rather puts paid to the "innocent Gazans" shibboleth that the media is peddling.  Hostages cannot be held by civilians for so long without everyone in the area knowing.  Hamas is Gaza, and Gaza is Hamas it seems. 

I agree the Palestinians are in a tough spot I imagine if they say anything they would be killed by hammas it’s a grotesque situation no doubt

• Like 1

Great to see the Israeli innocents rescured from Hamas and the Palestinian civilians supporting them. 

I'm sure they endured all kinds of things, but at least they now don't face a painful death, possibly livestreamed for all to see. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Hamas is Gaza, and Gaza is Hamas it seems. 

I disagree.  There are similarities between here and Gaza, I think.

Everybody here disagrees with a non-voted government, but do they do anything about it?

It MAY be the same in Gaza, that most disagree with hamas, but do they do anything about it?

One thing we may agree on, is that the general population pays for their inaction.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I disagree.  There are similarities between here and Gaza, I think.

Everybody here disagrees with a non-voted government, but do they do anything about it?

It MAY be the same in Gaza, that most disagree with hamas, but do they do anything about it?

One thing we may agree on, is that the general population pays for their inaction.

Actually, polling shows majority support for Hamas in both Gaza and the West Bank.  And something that is almost never mentioned is what form of government will take over in Gaza once the war is over. Are we going to return to status quo ante?  A misogynistic homophobic terror regime?  I hope not.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And something that is almost never mentioned is what form of government will take over in Gaza once the war is over. Are we going to return to status quo ante?  A misogynistic homophobic terror regime?  I hope not.

If , ever , Hamas is really defeated and holds no power anymore , a contract for peace could be established by direct negotiations between Palestinians and Israel .

A palestinian government that consists of representatives of the Gazan palestinians , not Hamas members , could , theoretically , negotiate a peace plan ...?

But , let's get real , the hatred between the 2 directly involved parties is too big now , after all these death ...

Palestinians in Gaza ( that includes women and children ) are indoctrinated by years of Hamas' hate preaching .

To get this out of their heads , Israel should show some lenience and act in a non oppressive way to make them realize that war is no answer .

Would Israel be able to ' jump over it's own shadow ' here ?

Somehow I doubt that .

But , if no solution for a lasting peace and tolerance towards each other is found , this war will go on , for a long time , on many fronts , and , in the end , everybody involved will become a loser .

Already now , we see that militarily , Israel won the war by destroying everything in Gaza ... but on other fronts , Israel lost the war .

Support for Israel is fading worldwide , antisemitism is rising ...

Was that the goal ?

Edited by nobodysfriend

10 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

If , ever , Hamas is really defeated and holds no power anymore , a contract for peace could be established by direct negotiations between Palestinians and Israel .

A palestinian government that consists of representatives of the Gazan palestinians , not Hamas members , could , theoretically , negotiate a peace plan ...?

But , let's get real , the hatred between the 2 directly involved parties is too big now , after all these death ...

Palestinians in Gaza ( that includes women and children ) are indoctrinated by years of Hamas' hate preaching .

To get this out of their heads , Israel should show some lenience and act in a non oppressive way to make them realize that war is no answer .

Would Israel be able to ' jump over it's own shadow ' here ?

Somehow I doubt that .

But , if no solution for a lasting peace and tolerance towards each other is found , this war will go on , for a long time , on many fronts , and , in the end , everybody involved will become a loser .

Already now , we see that militarily , Israel won the war by destroying everything in Gaza ... but on other fronts , Israel lost the war .

Support for Israel is fading worldwide , antisemitism is rising ...

Was that the goal ?

Cogent points.

I would say that a de-Hamasification program would be needed. Much like the de-Nazification program that was done in Germany at the end of WW2.  There needs to be a sustained and rigorous effort to drive the Islamist political sentiment out of Gaza. A great way would be to make the area prosperous. Prosperity and freedom often go together, much like extremism and poverty. That is why Hamas has held Gaza in poverty for so long. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Social Media said:

Hamas’s government media office claimed that 274 people were killed during the operation, though this figure remains unverified and does not distinguish between combatants and civilians.

That's okay. If you're not a Jew, you're the enemy.

(my sarcasm)

Edited by Srikcir
clarification

According to my son, the Israelis used the floating dock the US built for AID deliveries to get in and out. The return trip was facilitated by bombing everything either side of their escape route, hence the casualties. He has access to some non-media state sources, but cannot say if that was where he got it from.

I am saddened by the wishy washy statements coming from Netanyahu's mouth, he should CLEARLY state that he will kill each and every hamas member, at ANY cost, until the hostages are set free, and immediately.

THAT is what a strong leader should do, dam the US and everybody else, save your people who are being tortured, raped, etc. with impunity, while the world watches, and makes useless statements which amount to dik-all.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

A great way would be to make the area prosperous. Prosperity and freedom often go together, much like extremism and poverty. That is why Hamas has held Gaza in poverty for so long. 

I could not agree more. People who have nothing to lose are more easily persuaded to throw their lives away.

He never worked for Al Jazeera. 

I suspect Israeli propaganda to justify their banning of AL Jazeera in Israel.

It could be to justify their imprisonment of Palestinian journalists

https://cpj.org/2024/01/israel-among-top-jailers-of-journalists-worldwide-as-imprisonments-globally-continue-unabated-cpj-finds/#:~:text=New York%2C January 18%2C 2024,(CPJ) annual prison census.

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:08 AM, Hanaguma said:

That is why Hamas has held Gaza in poverty for so long. 

It is Israel who kept Gaza in poverty through various measures that restricted economic development and access to resources. The blockade imposed by Israel since 2007 severely limited the movement of people and goods into and out of Gaza, crippling its economy. This blockade includes restrictions on essential goods, raw materials, and fuel, which are crucial for daily life and industrial activities. Additionally, frequent military operations and conflicts have led to the destruction of infrastructure, homes, and businesses, further hampering economic recovery and growth. Israel's control over Gaza's borders, airspace, and maritime access restricts trade and employment opportunities, exacerbating unemployment and poverty levels. These actions have created an environment of economic stagnation and deprivation, making it challenging for the people of Gaza to achieve a sustainable livelihood.

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

https://cpj.org/2024/01/israel-among-top-jailers-of-journalists-worldwide-as-imprisonments-globally-continue-unabated-cpj-finds/#:~:text=New York%2C January 18%2C 2024,(CPJ) annual prison census.

But he did work for the Palestine Chronicle who described him as their "correspondent"

One of his facebook posts posted on Oct 7th

image.png.469913b646a8d68139f014513de1d0f0.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It is Israel who kept Gaza in poverty through various measures that restricted economic development and access to resources. The blockade imposed by Israel since 2007 severely limited the movement of people and goods into and out of Gaza, crippling its economy. This blockade includes restrictions on essential goods, raw materials, and fuel, which are crucial for daily life and industrial activities. Additionally, frequent military operations and conflicts have led to the destruction of infrastructure, homes, and businesses, further hampering economic recovery and growth. Israel's control over Gaza's borders, airspace, and maritime access restricts trade and employment opportunities, exacerbating unemployment and poverty levels. These actions have created an environment of economic stagnation and deprivation, making it challenging for the people of Gaza to achieve a sustainable livelihood.

Yeah, that is the common line, but not true. When the Israelis left Gaza, they left behind the means to make the desert bloom. There were greenhouses, the basics for an economy, etc.  Yet the Gazans chose to destroy everything. Gaza has also received billions in aid, which was stolen, given to, or expropriated by Hamas. Also used to..........  buy and make rockets to fire into Israel! Why should Israel help Gaza when thousands of unguided rockets are fired FROM Gaza?

They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.  

And even if ALL the propaganda you spewed was true, it was still NO justification for the slaughter of innocents that happened on October 7. The kibbutzim on the border of Gaza and Israel were all good people, simple farmers, and peace loving Israelis. They had (they thought) good relations with their Gazan neighbours. Helped them. Treated their children in clinics in the kibbutzim. Ad their kindness was repaid with blood, rape, murder, and pillage.  I dont blame them if they want to see Gaza turned into a parking lot now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Link to an off topic unapproved activist website has been removed.

The topic here is:  Israeli Forces Rescue Hostages, Held By Al Jazeera & Palestine Chronicle Journalist

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Isn't this from Al-Jazeera's website or is it just "Israeli propaganda" ?

image.png.3c917e6c3942ee15b1e7f3520a85174d.png

On 6/11/2024 at 4:26 PM, chickenslegs said:

I could not agree more. People who have nothing to lose are more easily persuaded to throw their lives away.

Nothing to lose ?

They gain everything by fighting against Israel .

They immediately go directly to their Heaven when dying fighting against  Israel 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Nothing to lose ?

They gain everything by fighting against Israel .

They immediately go directly to their Heaven when dying fighting against  Israel 

Then, sadly, they find out that their promised "72 Virgins" are named Ahmed, Ishtar, Mohamed, Isak, Ishmael, Mohamar...