The Waning Patriotism of Modern Liberals: A Call to Rediscover National Pride

Social Media

I grew up in 1960's Australia and one thing I did admire about Americans was their patriotism and how much they showed their love for their country. Sadly, that seems to have disappeared. 

13 hours ago, impulse said:

Men can get pregnant, burning down city blocks is mostly peaceful, stealing up to $1000 isn't a crime, fully intact men are allowed in the little girls' room, minority voters aren't capable of getting ID's, our border is wide open while we dump billions into protecting other countries' borders, a fentanyl addled convict is a national hero, and on.  And on.

20 years ago, I generally voted and supported Dem.  I didn't move right.  They moved left.  Off the scale left.

Biden's EEOC recently showed their quintessential lefty madness, right after he had a dismal campaign stop at a Sheetz Market/Truck Stop.  (I wonder if the timing was coincidental???)

They're suing Sheetz because the company performs criminal background checks as a hiring criteria, and that has a negative effect on minorities.

It's a company with hundreds of locations where employees interact with the public at all hours of the day and night.  But making hiring decisions based on criminal histories is illegal?  I don't know about lefties, but when my wife or daughter stops to get gas in the wee hours, I want that guy behind the counter to not be on the sexual predator list.  But that's racist, apparently, even if I don't care what color he is, or where his accent is from.  Apparently, Sheetz didn't care about color or ethnicity.  Just a clean criminal history.  And Biden's EEOC is suing them because of it.

Here's my link:

Sheetz Inc., which operates more than 700 stores in six states, discriminated against Black, Native American and multiracial job seekers by automatically weeding out applicants whom the company deemed to have failed a criminal background check, according to U.S. officials.

https://apnews.com/article/sheetz-discrimination-suit-biden-campaign-visit-9cc14287564a8821a54acbc83ae3de83

Absolute lunacy on the part of the lefties.

You missed one, border patrol cutting open razor wire mesh to allow illegals 

to pass through!

There I fixed it for you .

Your comment sums up why biden has a lowest approval rating ever,

37.4 ! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-approval-rating-just-hit-172404018.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHXTuSvDyZ_OemFHLNv_xaMNbMU2GODFhyyWlGqakx8ampqKyGb6iAsNk_j7L08lkWxlBD2acPpkIbxZP0tiRi4FeY7_o2PJiJ2yoM4qoD6fWbKgqqzOt3ZQ4v4jVjMWGj3kdJ4t5-5mZpIrWLl_rRAe4aPJAxLcvguitWkuNmX8

Edited by riclag

3 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I grew up in 1960's Australia and one thing I did admire about Americans was their patriotism and how much they showed their love for their country. Sadly, that seems to have disappeared. 

It's still there - just smothered by the latest mob culture of loons. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I go back to the US 2 to 5 times a year for various reasons, and I can tell you that I feel exactly the same way as you do. Life back there is getting harder and harder, the quality of life has diminished for all but the most wealthy, and there is very little cheer, or joy to be found. God forbid if you are single!

I do a lot of traveling around the US, so I am speaking of various parts of it. 

Yeah, I have a daughter and family (brother, nieces, nephews, along the middle Atlantic states, a sister in Tenn, friends along the west coast and I hear stories from them regularly exactly about the negative changes of living in the US.  None are rich, most just making it in their particular areas.  Daughter doing well in MD but talks about friends and their problems with just making it.  None seem happy and stories

indicate people seem to respond in violence rather than just letting things go as usually done in the past.  Feel sorry for them as the coming election sure doesn't bode well for anyone on either side in my opinion.  Sure hope it gets better there soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2024 at 8:37 AM, Social Media said:

Why have liberals become less patriotic? Some blame the election of Donald Trump and persistent economic inequality.

Trump is not to blame for America's woes. Trump is IMO a symptom of a broken society, not the cause.

If wanting to blame, look no further than Washington, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Presnock said:

indicate people seem to respond in violence rather than just letting things go as usually done in the past.  Feel sorry for them as the coming election sure doesn't bode well for anyone on either side in my opinion.  Sure hope it gets better there soon.

When there is no civil recourse for endemic problems violence is the go to human "solution", as seen so many times in human history. The French and Russian revolutions didn't happen for no reason.

Get better soon? Doubtful without a complete reset of Washington. Empires in their death spiral don't get better, just cease to be.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tug said:

I dono I think you are calling out the wrong party.a person can fly every flag bumper sticker whatever but to vote for any republican now is to support Donald trump the New York City trust fund baby draft dodging vet disrespecting POW insulting felon  sorry but it’s more about deeds not words that being said if heaven forbid it does hit the fan America will pull as one!

Joe Biden is a draft dodger.

Edited by TedG
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, TedG said:

Ahh Ted how many year’s service has president Biden given to government service?not order arms but service to our country nonetheless 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Ahh Ted how many year’s service has president Biden given to government service?not order arms but service to our country nonetheless 

you mean how many years has he not done any work just sucked up that govt salary...too many of the US legislators the very same in my opinion based on talking with his Delaware citizens.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When there is no civil recourse for endemic problems violence is the go to human "solution", as seen so many times in human history. The French and Russian revolutions didn't happen for no reason.

Get better soon? Doubtful without a complete reset of Washington. Empires in their death spiral don't get better, just cease to be.

Agree but after watching the generations younger than mine, I doubt any change is coming in the near future..

8 hours ago, TedG said:
On 6/11/2024 at 6:40 AM, Tug said:

I dono I think you are calling out the wrong party.a person can fly every flag bumper sticker whatever but to vote for any republican now is to support Donald trump the New York City trust fund baby draft dodging vet disrespecting POW insulting felon  sorry but it’s more about deeds not words that being said if heaven forbid it does hit the fan America will pull as one!

Edited 8 hours ago by TedG

Feel better now?

On 6/11/2024 at 3:37 AM, Social Media said:

Why have liberals become less patriotic? Some blame the election of Donald Trump and persistent economic inequality. Others point to social media echo chambers that, for example, extol a letter from Osama Bin Laden justifying terrorism against the U.S. Additionally, the rise of an oppressed-oppressor ideology portrays America as inherently racist. Indeed, when universities classify statements like "America is the land of opportunity" and "Everyone can succeed in this society" as microaggressions, it is unsurprising that many students develop negative attitudes toward their country.

Many not all of the  liberals you described turned into 

these biden supporters!

Cultural Marxist umbrella people of the far left!

Useful idiots that cover their faces , like the old KKK !

Its a election year what do these violent biden supporters  have in store for America ,as it gets closer & closer to November 5 , elections.

Edited by riclag

On 6/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, Presnock said:

Agree but after watching the generations younger than mine, I doubt any change is coming in the near future..

Violence is hard wired into human genes. IMO there is no way any change is coming.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 8:49 PM, biggles45 said:

Yessir, began mid 60's and with each new generation more and more lost as these younger folks hardly find anything worth fighting for.  Now after O enticed them to get worthless pieces of paper from colleges, all they have left is huge debts from loans that THEY signed for in order to get a degree in some useless subject and THEY want the govt to forgive those loans - and yessir Biden is using this as another possible stepping stone to re-election...My opinion anyway as I don't believe Trump nor Biden even care one iota about our nation.  Both are just in love with themselves.