Passport copies for retirement extension?

27 minutes ago, MikeN said:

2 extensions back Ubon office wanted copies of every Thai entry stamp, plus every visa. First time I've ever had to do everything. This year I went prepared with them, of course they didn't want them this time.

Yes but you were sensible and had them on hand if required.

23 hours ago, proton said:

I have always just done the main page, original non O visa page, last arrival page and the current extension page, TM6 is no longer a thing. Today at samut prakan office they suddenly want all pages with stamps on Thai or not, when did this start? I was once told they wanted all pages even the blank ones but the next year when I had them all was accused of wasting the IO's time, so since then I just stuck to the relevant ones, or what I thought were.

It's been like that – name page plus all pages with stamps – for a number of year at the immigration office I use to extend my stay. Just do what the asks for, doesn't help to argue or be irritated...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:56 AM, proton said:

I have always just done the main page, original non O visa page, last arrival page and the current extension page, TM6 is no longer a thing. Today at samut prakan office they suddenly want all pages with stamps on Thai or not, when did this start? I was once told they wanted all pages even the blank ones but the next year when I had them all was accused of wasting the IO's time, so since then I just stuck to the relevant ones, or what I thought were.

Do anybody know what happens to the reams of paperwork/photocopies that are produced for each individual for every renewal/extension each year?

Especially in the cases where there are no significant changes in the applicants circumstances each year, i.e. Same passport, address, marital status etc.. 

11 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

Do anybody know what happens to the reams of paperwork/photocopies that are produced for each individual for every renewal/extension each year?

Especially in the cases where there are no significant changes in the applicants circumstances each year, i.e. Same passport, address, marital status etc.. 

There is a huge warehouse in Sattahip for Immigration and Police document filing. Has been that way for many years.

On 6/13/2024 at 12:48 AM, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office?

That should not be required.

When you obtain a passport renewal the details of the non O are transferred 

It is. You are correct. Still they wanted to see original in old passport last time. I had a copy of the original which was sufficient. Well. They have different requirement at different times of the day it seems.

On 6/13/2024 at 5:32 AM, paahlman said:

The most difficult thing is when you do an extension and have had it for some years and every time they demand to see original non immigrant visa stamp. In my case its in an old passport and difficult to find. So no matter how many times you extend you have to always keep a copy of potentionally a 20 year old stamp. This should be in the computer but of course it never is.

You have a 20 year old passport??

On 6/13/2024 at 7:35 AM, proton said:

Yeah copy all your old pass ports bank books and print out all your 90 day reports you never know! Last year they did want 90 day report slips, this year not. Just off again.

Exactly - I take everything, 2x copies of each, and have it all organized.  When they ask for more than the "official list of required" items, I can produce it quickly.  Sorry, trees, but it has to be this way.

21 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

For awhile, they would print application forms on the other side of them.  I don't know if this is still the case in some offices.  I have not seen other's passport-copies, etc on the back of my forms in a few years.

On 6/14/2024 at 8:48 AM, nauseus said:

You have a 20 year old passport??

No. Of course not.. But i have two 10 year old.And it was just a number.. I just know that people could have extended their permit to stay that long and it would be the original from embassy you would have to show every year.. However.. I also thought it was transferred to the new passport and these days its more normal that people have applied the first non immigrant visa 90 days that you need online so this makes a digital copy of that sufficient.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paahlman said:

No. Of course not.. But i have two 10 year old.And it was just a number.. I just know that people could have extended their permit to stay that long and it would be the original from embassy you would have to show every year.. However.. I also thought it was transferred to the new passport and these days its more normal that people have applied the first non immigrant visa 90 days that you need online so this makes a digital copy of that sufficient.

You said: "you have to always keep a copy of potentionally a 20 year old stamp". Last time I renewed my passport I took both to Imm and all current visas/rentry permits etc were transferred into the new passport, together with a new Non-O visa as a replacement for the original one. All that was done at no charge.

Not sure where you do your immigration business but my lot do not require the original Non-O now. 

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

You said: "you have to always keep a copy of potentionally a 20 year old stamp". Last time I renewed my passport I took both to Imm and all current visas/rentry permits etc were transferred into the new passport, together with a new Non-O visa as a replacement for the original one. All that was done at no charge.

Not sure where you do your immigration business but my lot do not require the original Non-O now. 

I had this request only once, a few years back, and when I showed it to them (I bring everything with me), they just glanced at it, then handed it back.  It was just a test.