397 HP Ford Raptor

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, br12stol said:

I have one. Quite remarkable how it handles for a Truck as well, the suspension is electronically controlled and it can shock a lot of sports cars.

It is not our only car thankfully as it drinks fuel when driven hard!

36584.LINE.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 06.26.50.png

Nice!

Imagine, in Germany they tuned it down to 297 HP instead of the full 397 HP!

I was thinking of a 2nd hand C43 for 2,0-2,5 mb but this truck... I just, I must have it with that kind of HP! Now it just depends on the new visa! Go, go, Thailand! You can do it!

Edited by AreYouGerman

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, watchcat said:

What would you with it in Thai traffic?

Thai roads feel like Germany's Autobahn to me. 🫰

Have driven around 100k in a 200 HP coupe car, mostly between Phuket and Udon Thani and it's awesome. 140-150 km/h is the norm. There's always one 'super car' pushing the other cars away, just follow him.

For more, try BKK <-> Pattaya at 3:00 on the 7. Short stop at BK/McDonalds and then kickdown 🥰.

Or just do it like Thais do it:

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Nice!

Imagine, in Germany they tuned it down to 297 HP instead of the full 397 HP!

I was thinking of a 2nd hand C43 for 2,0-2,5 mb but this truck... I just, I must have it with that kind of HP! Now it just depends on the new visa! Go, go, Thailand! You can do it!

Having driven the Ranger Raptor and owning a C43, I can tell you the C43 is quicker everywhere and better handling. That said, it isn't a pickup truck and the Raptor is truly impressive for something that heavy and with the aerodynamic properties of a boat. I am sorely tempted as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Thai roads feel like Germany's Autobahn to me. 🫰

Have driven around 100k in a 200 HP coupe car, mostly between Phuket and Udon Thani and it's awesome. 140-150 km/h is the norm. There's always one 'super car' pushing the other cars away, just follow him.

For more, try BKK <-> Pattaya at 3:00 on the 7. Short stop at BK/McDonalds and then kickdown 🥰.

Or just do it like Thais do it:

good fun weaving through traffic at speed, my commute vehicle only has 200hp and 600ft/lb of troque... its great fun on the 7 motorway...which reminds me, need to get the damn 180km/h speed limiter removed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

I had the previous model 2.0 diesel raptor - just not enough ponies!  Eventually swapped it for a current model Wildtrak - same same, but different.   As Ralf001 said, the V6 Raptor with a manual transmission would be awesome 😎 

i bought one -absolutely love it ! engine is great ( bit thirsty but it's E20!!) sounds amazing - and the ride and interior is very good. a new segment has been created ! 

• Like 1

mines in grey ( lamborghini storm grey ! i think it would take a satin or matt wrap quite well.... also bougth the  tuning chip for an extra 30 hp(but havent fitted it yet -)....did you know the version going to UK only has 300 hp lol

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DTL2014 said:

mines in grey ( lamborghini storm grey ! i think it would take a satin or matt wrap quite well.... also bougth the  tuning chip for an extra 30 hp(but havent fitted it yet -)....did you know the version going to UK only has 300 hp lol

Did you get it painted Lambo Storm Grey or is it the orginal  Ford Conquer Grey.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, malathione said:

Having driven the Ranger Raptor and owning a C43, I can tell you the C43 is quicker everywhere and better handling. That said, it isn't a pickup truck and the Raptor is truly impressive for something that heavy and with the aerodynamic properties of a boat. I am sorely tempted as well.

I have driven a C43 as well in Germany and for sure it will be a different thing driving that pickup. I mean, it's a monster! But 400 HP is just... wow. I am stunned because I didn't even know that existed. And the price is right, as well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

did you know the version going to UK only has 300 hp lol

Yeah, if you read the thread you will notice that I mentioned that Germany has it tuned down to 300 HP as well, lol! Seems Europe is concerned that 400 HP on a pickup might be too crazy. But thankfully Thailand is still closer to allowing freedom! 😂

7 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Why not buy a Mustang. Even the 2.3 turbo model will smoke this. 

Why not buy a Ferrari or a yacht or, yeah, and so on.

I like pickups and HP. A tuned down EU Raptor with only 300 HP would be out of question.

M

On 6/15/2024 at 3:46 PM, DTL2014 said:

has anyone thought about shoe horning the 3.0 v6 ecoboost engine into the Explorer? that would work !

Mehhh... why not just bite the bullet and plant the Godzilla, 7.3L, V8 in the Raptor?

fms-m-6007-73_kb_xl.jpg.6f78fceb5afe31f96bbac91903cb84b2.jpg

Now THAT really would be the Ford Rapture.

On 6/15/2024 at 9:46 PM, DTL2014 said:

has anyone thought about shoe horning the 3.0 v6 ecoboost engine into the Explorer? that would work !

Explorer or Everest ?

If Everest, buy one with the 3.0 V6 Powerstroke diesel.

Water-Meth injection.

Cold air intake.

Hi flowed turbo.

exhaust.

Tune.

That will get you to 250kw+ and would be a hoot to drive.

I think Ford have taken note of Porsche's playbook and realised that grown-up's really do want their cars with all the trashy add-on's that teenagers put on their cars.

If I wanted another pickup, this is the one I would go for.

In 2013 I changed my Vigo top model for a Ford 3.2 Wildtrak and was amazed at the difference in the drive, it was like getting out of a tractor into a BMW.

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think Ford have taken note of Porsche's playbook and realised that grown-up's really do want their cars with all the trashy add-on's that teenagers put on their cars.

If I wanted another pickup, this is the one I would go for.

In 2013 I changed my Vigo top model for a Ford 3.2 Wildtrak and was amazed at the difference in the drive, it was like getting out of a tractor into a BMW.

True. The styling and trim is sufficiently in your face while remaining understated. However, the local yokels will be trawling the car accessory shops and it won't be long before a fake plastic grill is stuck on the hood. But first, they'll ditch the totally adequate and appropriate stock treads and classic black rims for something swooshy with Lambo-like bling.

From your last comment, I take it you've never driven a Beemer?

Only a wind-up. I am a proud and happy serial Ranger owner-operator and yes, the Toyota ride versus the Ranger is a chalk-and-cheese affair.

Edited by NanLaew