Over 72 Illegal Immigrants Found Working at Samut Sakhon Factory in Major Raid

image.jpeg

Samut Sakhon — On June 12th, 2024, Royal Thai Immigration officers and relevant agencies in Samut Sakhon conducted a search operation at a factory in Krathum Baen. This action followed a report from the Damrongdhama Center about a large number of illegal immigrant laborers at the site.

During the operation, officers discovered over 72 illegal immigrants working at the factory. Among them, 45 had no legal documentation or work permits, while 27 Burmese workers had some documentation but lacked work permits.

All the immigrants reportedly admitted to working illegally at the factory, where they were paid 363 baht daily in cash. They revealed that they had been employed there for one month.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-06-13

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

Can only hope the factory was closed and the Owners/Directors reported 

The police and other relevant agencies are also investigating the case to identify the employers and other individuals involved in hiring these illegal workers to hold them responsible and accountable for their actions.

I bet the factory will continue once it has employed more illegals and the owners will only face a fine..

Close the factory for good and jail the owners/shareholders.

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

It is easy to say that arresting illegal workers is a good thing, but.....

this is all down to the factory owners.

These folk probably thought that they were working legally.

Some will be the main breadwinner for their families.

Lives shot to hell and back.

Thailand is in the thick of people trafficking and hiring migrants working for a pittance.

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I can only hope they make regular check-ups on the factory, and every time they find illegals they fine 25k baht per immigrant. if it works on one factory, it will work on more. 🙂 

........ The clueless flapping their jaws that they know nothing about.....Same comments every time.

1 hour ago, RT555 said:

........ The clueless flapping their jaws that they know nothing about.....Same comments every time.

Is that so? Why do you not educate us/me then as I assume you have all the answers as you put yourself above. If not, you probably know what you can do with your comment. I give you a clue, it has something to do with a place where the sun don´t shine.

Edited by Gottfrid