Medicine into Thailand

Hi I have a question that I like a friend of mine with an answer with.

Let´s say;

- I live in Thailand on full time basis,

- I need syringes for my cancer

- I want to have them sent/delivered to Thailand (from Sweden) via mail or friends..

I have heard that one need some kind of documents for allowing this specially needed import..... So if I need a doctor-certificate, that is no problem, but if the said medicin is brought via a friend living in Sweden to me in Thailand, do he need some kind of Proxy from me to act on my behalf....

Hope I explained so you guys understand....

Thank you,

I have asked mods to move the thread to Health/Medicine forum.

It would be helpful if you could explain what "syringes" stands for.

I guess combined with some medicine/drug to be injected?

Can you name it.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 2

Best to check if the medication you need is available in Thailand.

It is illegal to import medicine into Thailand without a license.  If you send a small package it can make it thru customs without being checked.  Has to be less than 2 kilos and less in value than 1,500 baht.  However they are talking about charging VAT on packages less than 1,500 baht.  If they do that may mean small packages will not make thru anymore.  Even vitamins are considered medicine here.

As someone else already mentioned you can easily buy syringes here at most pharmacies.

I think you're a little bit on Overkill vitamins are not classified as a medicine and many drugs that you cannot get here You're allowed to bring in.