90 Day Report

I went in for my 90 report at Patttaya and they needed an updated TM30??

This was for a new entry into the country which requires an initial in person 90 day report. I had the same address as when I exited with a TM30 from last year.

Is that correct that a new TM30 is required for each entry? Officer at front desk did not speak english well.

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is that correct that a new TM30 is required for each entry?

no its not, but I was told that a renewal of the TM30 was required by me, even though I had not left the country in 5 years and have lived at the same address for 7 years. As usual, they make it up as trey go along.  Fortunately, the TM30 desk is next to the 90 day desk, so not much of a sweat, just irritating to be told different things at different times. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

no its not, but I was told that a renewal of the TM30 was required by me, even though I had not left the country in 5 years and have lived at the same address for 7 years. As usual, they make it up as trey go along.  Fortunately, the TM30 desk is next to the 90 day desk, so not much of a sweat, just irritating to be told different things at different times. 

More then irritating. I missed my 90 day report because I could not get a new TM30, so the next time I go into immigration I will be fined.

My understanding is that if you leave the country without a re-entry permit, then you definitely need a fresh TM30 because you're equivalent to someone who just arrived for the first time.

If you had a re-entry permit, and did not change your address, then I would have supposed your existing TM30 would have been sufficient.

Did you have a re-entry permit?

Edited by eboy

1 hour ago, eboy said:

My understanding is that if you leave the country without a re-entry permit, then you definitely need a fresh TM30 because you're equivalent to someone who just arrived for the first time.

If you had a re-entry permit, and did not change your address, then I would have supposed your existing TM30 would have been sufficient.

Did you have a re-entry permit?

Was re-entering on an active O-A visa to get the second year. No re-entry permit. Still at same address just went to Cambodia.

I also had a copy of my existing TM30 with me. Not good enough. I reported to 90 day counter then was directed to info booth. Second guy at info both pointed to the date on TM30 which was last June and said something I did not understand. Then he presented me with a new application requesting blue book, owner's id and all the rest of it for a new TM30.

Edited by JimTripper

Is there an issue if I get stopped by the police or immigration at some point (like a check on sukhumvit or in a nightclub or a home visit) if I can't file the 90 day report? Any possible detention while they figure where I am staying?

It says to carry a copy of the 90 day report in with the passport so that's why I ask?

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is there an issue if I get stopped by the police at some point (like a check on sukhumvit or in a nightclub) if I can't file the 90 day report?

Chill. 

If it helps you then take photos of your current TM47 receipt and basic passport pages 

You take your pp to nightclubs? Don't say that you do

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Chill. 

If it helps you then take photos of your current TM47 receipt and basic passport pages 

You take your pp to nightclubs? Don't say that you do

No, all photo's.

How do I file a 90 day report in person (not online) if I'm moving and will be at an Airbnb? Just go into immigration and report the hotel address? Or do I need a letter from the hotel? No hotel I know gives out TM47 slips.

Jomtein had a sign up saying 90 day reports require owner id etc and a hard copy TM47. How is that possible for temporary visitors? Or do they just let it slide for most people, but not everybody??

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

Now that the TM30 system AND the TM47 (90 day online system) cross check each other it seems more and more offices are requiring that you file a NEW TM30 when you return to thailand from abroad.

Also the online system was recently updated and HUNDREDS of people have been denied 90 day online with the rejection reason "First 90 day report after returning from abroad must be made in person" and when those people were doing their 90 day report they were asked for a new TM30 😕 

It would appear they want everyone on the NEW TM30 system <- the one where you file, then can export the PDF file that shows you have a TM30 filed.

They were sending people away who had the old "screen grabs" from the previous TM30 system and telling them to register in the new system, file and print that PDF

Which looks like this

example TM30 receipt.jpg

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:33 PM, JimTripper said:

No, all photo's.

How do I file a 90 day report in person (not online) if I'm moving and will be at an Airbnb? Just go into immigration and report the hotel address? Or do I need a letter from the hotel? No hotel I know gives out TM47 slips.

Jomtein had a sign up saying 90 day reports require owner id etc and a hard copy TM47. How is that possible for temporary visitors? Or do they just let it slide for most people, but not everybody??

might be nice to know, though I guess, its too late to file now, so you don't need to file any more ?  Or maybe next 90 day you'll be at a place that can give out the TM30 proof ? Will you be filing an extension of stay or just getting another O-A after, the re-entry allowed year expires?   Will they give you a re-entry permit if you didn't file the 90 day?

40 minutes ago, khlongtoey said:

might be nice to know, though I guess, its too late to file now, so you don't need to file any more ?  Or maybe next 90 day you'll be at a place that can give out the TM30 proof ? Will you be filing an extension of stay or just getting another O-A after, the re-entry allowed year expires?   Will they give you a re-entry permit if you didn't file the 90 day?

I can't file, I don't have an updated TM30 with a new date. I need to produce one to report. Other offices may be different then the Jomtein office, but I'm not sure.

My landlord won't work up another TM30 days before I move out of my unit (and I don't blame them. In fact, I never asked it's so crazy a request).

Only thing I can do is get a new TM30 at my future residence, but would have to pay the fine when I report. I have not decided if it's worth the bother. If I need something from them or a re-entry permit I would have to pay the fines whatever they are.

Edited by JimTripper

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have you considered 90 report via mail. A TM30 should not be required. 

No, but I will do that, thank you. Also, I will try re-registering on the new TM30 system and see if it goes through on there.

Have had it with the Jomtein office. I won't be returning there in person. Easy since I'm leaving the area anyhow.

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I can't file, I don't have an updated TM30 with a new date. I need to produce one to report. Other offices may be different then the Jomtein office, but I'm not sure.

My landlord won't work up another TM30 days before I move out of my unit (and I don't blame them. In fact, I never asked it's so crazy a request).

Only thing I can do is get a new TM30 at my future residence, but would have to pay the fine when I report. I have not decided if it's worth the bother. If I need something from them or a re-entry permit I would have to pay the fines whatever they are.

isn't it true though, that you can't file too late ?  and/or if you do file late, you will still be fined, so there is No point in filing, if you are filing late?

OP, I believe you said you were using your recent  entry towards the end of your O-A validation, to obtain the new 1 year stamped into Thailand, so your original O-A is expiring and you *will never a re-entry permits ( for exit-entering Thailand after the original O-A has expired) ?

btw, Jack, can one do an extension of stay , after an O-A has expired but one is *Still stamped into Thailand for 1 year ?

15 hours ago, JAS21 said:

When I did my Annual Extension a couple of months ago now ...Nonthaburi asked for a new TM30 and I haven't reentered Thailand since 2014. Seems that maybe they are updating.

how old was the TM30 you tried to use?

if my landlord hands me a TM30 this week, am I to assume it is "the new system" , the one she gave me doesn't necessarily look like the one that Tod Daniels posted above.

I'm just going for a TR extension this week.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:38 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Now that the TM30 system AND the TM47 (90 day online system) cross check each other it seems more and more offices are requiring that you file a NEW TM30 when you return to thailand from abroad.

Also the online system was recently updated and HUNDREDS of people have been denied 90 day online with the rejection reason "First 90 day report after returning from abroad must be made in person" and when those people were doing their 90 day report they were asked for a new TM30 😕 

It would appear they want everyone on the NEW TM30 system <- the one where you file, then can export the PDF file that shows you have a TM30 filed.

They were sending people away who had the old "screen grabs" from the previous TM30 system and telling them to register in the new system, file and print that PDF

Which looks like this

example TM30 receipt.jpg

Thats what the American guy had we helped at immigration on Thursday who was trying to extend his stay by 30 days. They said not good enough and need to see his receipt from the Hotel who would not send one until my Mrs rang them up. Things are getting more and more complicated, confusing and contradictory as time goes on with TM30, 90 day reports and extensions.

• Agree 1

I personally don't need to go thru all these measures, but I believe if you have a Yellow Tibbian Baan/Pink ID card and copies are submitted each time for whatever extension you need, they negate the TM30 process.

Also if these docs are recorded in the 90 day system (will require personally going one time) it will stop rejections as they have your permanent address from the Yellow book.

This is info that I have gathered thru various channels, not from personal experience.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, khlongtoey said:

isn't it true though, that you can't file too late ?  and/or if you do file late, you will still be fined, so there is No point in filing, if you are filing late?

OP, I believe you said you were using your recent  entry towards the end of your O-A validation, to obtain the new 1 year stamped into Thailand, so your original O-A is expiring and you *will never a re-entry permits ( for exit-entering Thailand after the original O-A has expired) ?

btw, Jack, can one do an extension of stay , after an O-A has expired but one is *Still stamped into Thailand for 1 year ?

I think theoretically I could be fined for each missed 90 day if I ever needed anything or went into the office to extend the visa another year.

Not reporting would also look bad and may even cause the extension to be denied. It would look like non-cooperation if done for a long period of time. It could also trigger a home inspection if landlords were sending in TM30's and I'm not reporting in my address.

What I would liked to have received from my Jomtein visit is a receipt indicating that I attempted to report. That lets me off the hook. I can't force the landlords hand and I tried to do the right thing. I did tell them I was moving and a new TM30 was not obtainable when I was there. No answer, just pushed back the new TM30 application and said bring it back.

Edited by JimTripper

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

I think theoretically I could be fined for each missed 90 day if I ever needed anything or went into the office, or if I converted the O-A into a regular O before my final year expires.

Not reporting would also look bad and may even cause the O to be denied. It would look like non-cooperation if done for a long period of time. It could also trigger a home inspection if landlords were sending in TM30's and I'm not reporting in my address.

I think practically you would only be fined for missing the last 90 day report but would recommend that as you're in the Pattaya area (You mention using Jomtien as your IO) you go in to see Maneerat (Soi Post Office / 13.2, directly opposite the Post Office), explain your circumstances & see what they say, it's normally 100THB for them to do your 90 day report for you.

You cannot convert to an O from an OA, you would need to leave the country without a re-entry permit (& without the Visa still being valid) then either get a Non-IMM O outside of Thailand OR re-enter on Visa Exempt/Tourist Visa & do the conversion inside. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You cannot convert to an O from an OA, you would need to leave the country without a re-entry permit (& without the Visa still being valid) then either get a Non-IMM O outside of Thailand OR re-enter on Visa Exempt/Tourist Visa & do the conversion inside. 

Spot on.

Not to mention ongoing insurance requirements for each extension (unless married) and last entry prior to expiry of the non O-A visa.

OP best to kill off the non O-A as outlined in your post quoted above

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Spot on.

Not to mention ongoing insurance requirements for each extension (unless married) and last entry prior to expiry of the non O-A visa.

OP best to kill off the non O-A as outlined in your post quoted above

Why? I don't have insurance so need to get it somewhere.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I think theoretically I could be fined for each missed 90 day if I ever needed anything or went into the office to extend the visa another year.

Not reporting would also look bad and may even cause the extension to be denied. It would look like non-cooperation if done for a long period of time. It could also trigger a home inspection if landlords were sending in TM30's and I'm not reporting in my address.

What I would liked to have received from my Jomtein visit is a receipt indicating that I attempted to report. That lets me off the hook. I can't force the landlords hand and I tried to do the right thing. I did tell them I was moving and a new TM30 was not obtainable when I was there. No answer, just pushed back the new TM30 application and said bring it back.

2000 baht fine no matter how many you miss.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I think practically you would only be fined for missing the last 90 day report but would recommend that as you're in the Pattaya area (You mention using Jomtien as your IO) you go in to see Maneerat (Soi Post Office / 13.2, directly opposite the Post Office), explain your circumstances & see what they say, it's normally 100THB for them to do your 90 day report for you.

200 baht if you didn't extend your visa with them. They will file a TM 30 for you for an extra 500 baht.

• Thanks 1