My 90 day online report was rejected due to the hotel in bkk that I stayed at last week

1 hour ago, Dickp said:

(IO CW) I am having a problem with the 90-day reporting online. On 11 May 2024 I received the normal email notification from non-reply-tm47 informing me that my “STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS” will be due on 26/05/2024. Being that it was a Saturday I waited until 13 May to log in to Immigration web page and once login I use the looking “glass icon” to auto fill in the TM47 form, checked it that all the info was correct and sent it. The next day I log in web page to check the status and found that the request  was (Your visa category does not comply with the 90-day notification conditions (TOURIST) and was rejected in one second after it was received? I tried the next day thinking may have been a glitch in the system, received the same reject  (Your visa category does not comply with the 90-day notification conditions (TOURIST).  I was due to renew my extension of stay in 4 days waited until then. After finishing my Extension I showed the IO the printout and she send me to A counter 300+ ahead of me, after about 10 minutes IO came up to me and ask what problem I had. Showed her the TM 47 sent and rejects . She took me to counter B The IO there update the records and gave me the printout for next 90 report. I asked her then what was wrong , and she told me they had a update to the system and some people were getting rejects. She said that being that I entered the country on a Tourist visa and had then change over to a NON IMM and the system was showing Tourist. I told her that was not correct I entered on "O NON IMM " visa issued in London on May 1991 and came into Thailand June 17 1991, that I Have been living in the same house ever since, she no that's not what the records show.  I new there was no use in argerying about it as I had no Documentations with  me. When home found my old passport which showed  NON IMM type "O".  I emailed all the information to IO but never heard back from them.

I recommend you go back with the old passport and other docs. Take a thai partner to assist. Speak nice tone with them. 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:10 AM, NotEinstein said:

What reason was stated?

My last was rejected because I only filled in the asterisked (mandatory usually) fields - they said incomplete. Filled in every field and then accepted

After you enter your passport number and country, just select the little magnifying glass widget, it will pre-populate all the required information fields necessary.

No need to enter any additional fields' information.

On 6/14/2024 at 8:44 PM, advancebooking said:

I have been married 9 yrs and doing online 90 day reporting sometimes. It was getting rejected here and there and I never understood why. 

Yesterday I tried again. Today I got the email 'rejected'  and go to local immi office immediately. 

Arrived there this morning and walked into the 90day office door. One of the main female immigration officers that does ext of stays recognised me and said to me that my 90 day had been rejected bc I went to Bangkok last week and stayed in a hotel. She said I should have reported to this office within 24 hours of returning home. We both walked back to the main immi area. 

I go away all the time and in 9 to 10 yrs have never heard of this issue or the requirement to report to immi office when returning. Whats it for exactly?

She was ultra friendly and said that I dont have to fill out paperwork and basically sorted it out for me. She told me to apply again using my phone and within 5 min I had an email approval of the 90 day ext. 

She said in the future that I can come to her desk again and therefore dont have to fill out a form. But she re-iterated that I should be doing it if I ever go away. 

Are there any fines for ignoring this requirement? As I said Ive never abided by this rule ever and think its quite ridiculous. 

A side issue is.... If I were to be applying for citizenship I intend to move my yellow book to bkk (friend of a friends condo address). My wife would keep her blue book at our home city. I would be living with her 99% of the time and continue getting ext of stays based on marriage. So if I do this then my address in the 90 day system is the bkk address. When I try to renew my marriage visa I think they must look at my passport number and address in the system. Will they question this?

thanks

Thai Post has worked for 56 90 day reports, 13 years now. Why use online reporting. 

16 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Thai Post has worked for 56 90 day reports, 13 years now. Why use online reporting. 

Valid point. 

I switched to report via mail after having trouble with online quite some time ago. 

8 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

How do I do this? Download a form and send by thai post? Is that it? Do they post notification back?

On 6/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, advancebooking said:

One of the main female immigration officers that does ext of stays recognised me and said to me that my 90 day had been rejected bc I went to Bangkok last week and stayed in a hotel.

A couple of years ago, I asked if staying at a hotel and them registering TM30 whilst you were there would cancel your existing TM30 and mean you needed to file another one when you returned to your home address. I was firmly shut down and told it would not happen.

13 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

A couple of years ago, I asked if staying at a hotel and them registering TM30 whilst you were there would cancel your existing TM30 and mean you needed to file another one when you returned to your home address. I was firmly shut down and told it would not happen.

But the new TM30 system now links up with the address on your TM47 where as before they were separate, hence the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, proton said:

But the new TM30 system now links up with the address on your TM47 where as before they were separate, hence the problem.

Wouldn't work for me then I suspect - I come and go at the moment so I don't do TM47 reports. When I last checked I couldn't log into my previous registration - probably because it was on the old system. I've been 'unregistered' since Covid but will probably sort that on my next visit.  That is if they will allow me to register online, I'm not spending one of my 16 days travelling up to Korat immigration so if I decide to be 'legal' I will simply get resort I know to register me.

The variability in these reports suggests that when questioned as to the problem IO offices just make something up ,probably because they’ve no idea. After at least 2 years of seamless online reporting including after returning from abroad and no reporting of my return,my last 2 have been rejected which only coincides with the extension of my retirement visa in January. and everything brought up to date. The only tell is that on both occasions I didn’t receive a usual reminder email. When I asked them what the problem was after the first rejection,the guy at the desk just said "error" which I took to be with the system . This was at Korat office. I’ll ask again when I go in to do it,but not hopeful of getting a definitive,informative response! 
So is there a general malaise with the on line system throwing more of these rejections up or is it happening more at certain offices? TIT ?? 

On 6/15/2024 at 3:31 AM, klauskunkel said:

Quite wrong. I use my pink ID for domestic hotel Check-in, domestic Airline check-in, and opening bank accounts.

Have you used your ID for domestic airline check-in since February this year?  I think it was the CAAT that published a new "rule" that foreigners must use their passport but I don't know if it's actually being implemented.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, treetops said:

Have you used your ID for domestic airline check-in since February this year?  I think it was the CAAT that published a new "rule" that foreigners must use their passport but I don't know if it's actually being implemented.

Not so far..., thanks for the heads-up. On occasion I will contact the airline and make sure check-in is OK with pink ID, same with hotels, I always check prior.