UK Police Arrest London Man for Pro-Hamas Social Media Post

Social Media

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Jesus was King of the Jews,

Yeah right, and his mother was a virgin and his dad was Santa Claus.

The cost of living is smashing many back home now, we shouldn’t be wasting tax payers hard earned dollars on religious nutters. 
Get rid of them all.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah right, and his mother was a virgin and his dad was Santa Claus.

The cost of living is smashing many back home now, we shouldn’t be wasting tax payers hard earned dollars on religious nutters. 
Get rid of them all.

Brits and Jewish folk have lived in harmony for centuries, so you don't like Jews, try thinking before you post.........:coffee1:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

So, you define mere speech as "supporting a terrorist organization"? Material support is one thing, speech quite another.

The laws are pretty clear on what defines support to a terrorist organization, some forms of speech are included.

Incitement is an example, there are others.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The laws are pretty clear on what defines supper to a terrorist organization, some forms of speech are included.

Such as this:

encouraging terrorism, including publishing statements that encourage and glorify terrorist acts

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/396159/CT-1-M4.pdf

That doesn't strike you as being somewhat elastic?

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The laws are pretty clear on what defines supper to a terrorist organization, some forms of speech are included.

And apparently, the authorities felt this person constituted such a threat to public safety that he is no longer detained.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And apparently, the authorities felt this person constituted such a threat to public safety that he is no longer detained.

He is on bail, his offence was verbal, now come on, is there anything you actually  understand.........🙄

31 minutes ago, transam said:

Costing you..........😂

The UK is basically a Christian country, Jesus was King of the Jews, your Muslims are the odd ones out...........🤭

I thought you were an Aussie......🤔

The Jews reject Jesus - DYOR

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

You might not like what he says but as long as it does NOT incite violence then he should have the freedom to speak.

Is that what your Red folk do, I don't think so, they get sent to an icy jail or worse....🥶............😂

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Up to them, none of my business, so don't go off-topic over it...........🙄

I think it was YOU who brought up Jesus and the Jews? Anyway, I agree it is off-topic.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Is that what your Red folk do, I don't think so, they get sent to an icy jail or worse....🥶............😂

Red folk?  I'm a Chelsea fan not Liverpool - do keep up! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Maybe we should just all try and be nice to everyone.

Then what would be the point of social media and forums! :tongue:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

In this case the perpetrator posed such a major threat that he was released on bail. He didn't stay rounded up for long.

In Europe, terrorism is a very concerning topic, as we have seen our people die from it.

There is no way to scare terrorists once they have decided to be a terrorist, because they are ready to die. However, terrorism doesn't come out in a vacuum. A short look at the personal history of terrorists shows that they have followed a trajectory, such as  first being exposed to radical ideas, then being progressively convinced and involved, then being helped, etc...Terrorists are fed ideas and information, supported, sheltered, by an ecosystem. It may be in social networks, mosques, etc... Participants in this ecosystem are not necessarily bad, they may just be stupid. It's probably the case of the guy in the O.P.. It's also probably the case of the guy who lended a flat to the terrorists who slaughtered people in Paris years ago. He found them a bit strange, but after all, "it wasn't his business".

Such people can be scared and must be scared to get involved in anything related to terrorism.

1 hour ago, candide said:

In Europe, terrorism is a very concerning topic, as we have seen our people die from it.

There is no way to scare terrorists once they have decided to be a terrorist, because they are ready to die. However, terrorism doesn't come out in a vacuum. A short look at the personal history of terrorists shows that they have followed a trajectory, such as  first being exposed to radical ideas, then being progressively convinced and involved, then being helped, etc...Terrorists are fed ideas and information, supported, sheltered, by an ecosystem. It may be in social networks, mosques, etc... Participants in this ecosystem are not necessarily bad, they may just be stupid. It's probably the case of the guy in the O.P.. It's also probably the case of the guy who lended a flat to the terrorists who slaughtered people in Paris years ago. He found them a bit strange, but after all, "it wasn't his business".

Such people can be scared and must be scared to get involved in anything related to terrorism.

As I noted in the government snippet I quoted, the criteria seem very elastic.

• Confused 2