I've fallen into Grab (food) "customer service" hell!

Jingthing

OK, I'm a regular user of Grab restaurant food delivery service.

I use Bolt for rides, ha ha.

Anyway I pay by debit card.

Today making a new order I am ordered to pay (by debit) for an order that I placed and paid for yesterday (by debit card).

If not I am blocked from cashless ordering and must always pay cash. 

Presumably there might be more consequences if I don't pay the false charge.

Well I could just switch to cash but that is often inconvenient AND I pay for premium status by debit which gives extra discounts so I really need to fix the blockage.

So I spend about an hour going into every rabbit hole I can find to try to report this problem. I don't want to pay twice. There is no help topic covering my problem, nothing even close.

So I search online for a way to do an online chat with a person or god forbid talk to someone about the problem and I can't find anything. 

It's about 300 baht.

The bank shows it entered and paid! 

I don't want to spend eight hours searching for a way to contact them that I'll probably never find over 300 baht.

So unless someone here has some kind of secret trick for me to contact them. I'll be forced to just pay it.

But then how many times is this going to happen?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Yes I've been to that page multiple times.

I'm looking at it now.

It's the same EXCEPT there is no Need more help section, no chat now button, and no Call us thingie.
Are they trying to drive me insane?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You can hardly walk 10m itrin Pattaya without food options, not really sure what the big deal is?

I doubt you'll starve to death...

No won't starve.

The apps have restaurants with dishes that I want not available nearby at places I wouldn't travel to either.

far away or not on baht bus routes, etc.

Plus the apps particularly Grab have amazing promotions especially if you pay for upgraded status. 

I also use Panda and rarely Lineman but all the apps have exclusive restaurant listing meaning if you want that place on an app it must be on that one app.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

OK

My Grab software situation is even worse than I thought!

Not only can't I contact them over this error payment demand but I'm finding that the usual forms needed for reporting any future problem like missing items etc. are also blanked out.

It's insane that they no longer have a contact option outside the app.

So I give up.

I will pay the false charge and hope I don't have many such similar problems in the future.

Even if I had to "eat" 300 Baht a month because of this stupid software problem it would be worth it to me.

3000 a month probably not 

Also maybe the missing stuff will be restored if I pay the false charge but that seems doubtful.

BTW yes I did remove and reinstall the app. No luck.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK

Not only can't I contact them over this error payment demand but I'm finding that the usual forms needed for reporting any future problem like missing items etc. are also blanked out.

So I give up.

I will pay the false charge and hope I don't have many such similar problems in the future.

Even if I had to "eat" 300 Baht a month because of this stupid software problem it would be worth it to me.

thanks for the update.

Posted (edited)

Another funny thing.

I'm a big spender on Grab.

The drivers all know me and happy to see me and my tips.

I'm on upgraded status with them.

Yet such a problem. 

Oh, the humanity!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK

So I give up.

Also maybe the missing stuff will be restored if I pay the false charge but that seems doubtful.

There appears to be an way to submit a dispute for duplicate charges on the Grab internet website. 

https://help.grab.com/passenger/en-th/115005685907-I-have-duplicate-charges

Good luck 🙏

Edited by expat_4_life

Can you file for duplicate charges ?

https://help.grab.com/passenger/en-th/115005685907

(this is an online form).

Alternatively - get through on their accident line, they may not be able to help you directly, but if you get someone helpful at the other end they may be able to put you though to a dispute contact.

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It's annoying, but it's less than $10 - don't sweat the small stuff

I'd agree - but it's the stuff like this which 'needs to be sweated' - no one wants to pay for something they didn't receive - I too would be looking to contact a call centre or file a dispute for this extra charge.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can you file for duplicate charges ?

https://help.grab.com/passenger/en-th/115005685907

(this is an online form).

Alternatively - get through on their accident line, they may not be able to help you directly, but if you get someone helpful at the other end they may be able to put you though to a dispute contact.

I'd agree - but it's the stuff like this which 'needs to be sweated' - no one wants to pay for something they didn't receive - I too would be looking to contact a call centre or file a dispute for this extra charge.

I understand this too - it's annoying - but is it worth 10 hours of your time?  sometimes it just isn't

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

There appears to be an way to submit a dispute for duplicate charges on the Grab internet website. Di

https://help.grab.com/passenger/en-th/115005685907-I-have-duplicate-charges

Good luck 🙏

Different issue but it is finally a form I can fill out and explain the issue plus they say they will email back. So I will try. Thanks.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I understand this too - it's annoying - but is it worth 10 hours of your time?  sometimes it just isn't

Agreed....   its not worth 10 hours of time - but its not just the 'money'...  its resolving an issue which could happen again.

I think there is a fairly simple resolution - the Op has just not found it yet and is starting to get dramatic. 

He just needs to file a 'dual payment' complaint and the rest will be resolved within a few days.

The potential issue of course is that this happens again, so this is why it is best to secure the resolution rather than ignore it.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I'm a regular user of Grab restaurant food delivery service.

I use Bolt for rides, ha ha.

Anyway I pay by debit card.

Today making a new order I am ordered to pay (by debit) for an order that I placed and paid for yesterday (by debit card).

If not I am blocked from cashless ordering and must always pay cash. 

Presumably there might be more consequences if I don't pay the false charge.

Well I could just switch to cash but that is often inconvenient AND I pay for premium status by debit which gives extra discounts so I really need to fix the blockage.

So I spend about an hour going into every rabbit hole I can find to try to report this problem. I don't want to pay twice. There is no help topic covering my problem, nothing even close.

So I search online for a way to do an online chat with a person or god forbid talk to someone about the problem and I can't find anything. 

It's about 300 baht.

The bank shows it entered and paid! 

I don't want to spend eight hours searching for a way to contact them that I'll probably never find over 300 baht.

So unless someone here has some kind of secret trick for me to contact them. I'll be forced to just pay it.

But then how many times is this going to happen?

Pay what? Was not the food you ordered and paid for delivered to you? If they deliver the food, it´s paid for, otherwise it´s not possible to order. The system will not send the order to the restaurant if not paid. Unless you opt for pay at delivery, but then the delivery guy will either not give you the foo or beat you up if you not pay.

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Pay what? Was not the food you ordered and paid for delivered to you? If they deliver the food, it´s paid for, otherwise it´s not possible to order. The system will not send the order to the restaurant if not paid. Unless you opt for pay at delivery, but then the delivery guy will either not give you the foo or beat you up if you not pay.

I think its obviously an 'app glitch'....    and as with a lot of 'online' services, getting past the 'chat-bot' phase can frustrating experience especially if the 'glitch' is a little more 'outside the lines' than the regular issues.

In this case the Jing had already paid (digital payment), but the app was also requesting a second (same) payment the next day when he wished to use the Grab App again.

He's made a second payment to get past that step - now all he has to due is submit a 'dual payment' claim and grab will identify and resolve the issue.

... the rest is just Jing being a bit of a drama queen thats all - its a readily resolvable issue. 

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes I've been to that page multiple times.

I'm looking at it now.

It's the same EXCEPT there is no Need more help section, no chat now button, and no Call us thingie.
Are they trying to drive me insane?

Use a different browser.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think its obviously an 'app glitch'....    and as with a lot of 'online' services, getting past the 'chat-bot' phase can frustrating experience especially if the 'glitch' is a little more 'outside the lines' than the regular issues.

In this case the Jing had already paid (digital payment), but the app was also requesting a second (same) payment the next day when he wished to use the Grab App again.

He's made a second payment to get past that step - now all he has to due is submit a 'dual payment' claim and grab will identify and resolve the issue.

... the rest is just Jing being a bit of a drama queen thats all - its a readily resolvable issue. 

No need to insult me prig.

No I haven't made the demanded payment yet.

The text on the double payment report form is nothing like my situation.

Edited by Jingthing

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Hi there.

The problem order was a cashless debit card order. Its fair to assume the driver knew it was prepaid. But now their system is demanding that I pay again. They will still.send cash orders but have blocked cashless orders until I pay.

Edited by Jingthing

Posted (edited)

As explained before there is more than one problem. The false payment demand of course but also complete blockage fronl help at live chat, app calls, and even reporting mundane comments problems like missing items in future. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hi there.

It problem order was a cashless debit card order. Its fair to assume the driver knew it was prepaid. But now their system is demanding that I pay again. They will still.send cash orders but have blocked cashless orders until I pay.

Ok, that´s horrible, so you have no chance of getting to an office and give then a printout of the payment in your bank. I know, you should not need thta, but  it might help you.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As explained before there is more than one problem. The false payment demand of course but also complete blockage fronl help at live chat, app calls, and even reporting mundane comments problems like missing items in future. 

This is even more horrible! I would report them, even if it´s just 300 baht we are talking about. It´s the value of the service and also the way of blocking you as well as giving no service to solve the problem.