Taxi Driver Nabbed in Sting After Hit-and-Run on Mercedes-Benz

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

This case underscores the effectiveness of coordinated efforts between victims and police, leading to a swift resolution that ensures justice is served.

Yeah, it is too bad the police never do this for the normal person though. Usually they only make a case and hope to catch the driver in the future which never happens. I guess having a Mercedes meant some money was passed along to entail such a thorough capture or a hit and run. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

As the taxi neared the police station, officers intercepted the vehicle and forced it to stop. Despite initially denying his involvement, the driver confessed after being shown the indisputable CCTV footage.

It wasn't me honest.... Ohhh you have me on CCTV... 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

After the passenger disembarked, the victim's girlfriend, disguised as a passenger, hailed the taxi. 

😅😅😅😅😅

• Haha 1

I live in Mueang Thong Thani, it is what amounts to the "Wild West" over here, no road laws or rules are followed, and absolutely no police enforcement of any kind. I don't know if the police are even allowed to police this area, I believe it's considered some type of large private community. I compare it to the slums of New York, its a pit for which I wish I never moved, all I hope every day as that we can get out of here and never come back. I am all ears if someone can suggest an area of the city with good police presence/enforcement and a decent and safe English school program. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

If the taxi had hit a 15 year old Toyota Vios would the police have been as helpful tracking him down?

Nope, just for the Elite and their friends.

• Sad 1

Over the past decade both the public, and importantly politicians, have failed to grasp that once they do something illegal on video, it is available forever.

While there is some trepidation about the abundance of phone cameras and CCTV it can help to solve a lot of crime and show voters how idiotic some of their politicians are 

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

What an absolute nonsense! They already had the taxi plate number....the rest is pure slap stick comedy!

Ham actors pretending to be cops!

Slapstick?  Huh?    "Ham actors"?  What?    The only police involved in this were real police officers.   So, to use your words, what an absolute nonsense! [sic].

Edited by Liverpool Lou

51 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hefty fine for the Merc driver!
Parking wrong way and seemingly parking prohibited and no distance to some exit? :tongue:

Sure looks that way on the CCTV , But then some donation can take care of that.

• Haha 1