Outrage as Manhattan DA Drops Charges Against Columbia University Anti-Israel Protesters

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why are they being arrested? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6PfeMZ0co

This is ridiculous. Your argument that a video of people being arrested is evidence that they committed a crime? It is not a crime to be arrested. Maybe in a police state that argument would be dispositive. But I don't think prosecutors showing police arresting people is going to persuade a judge to allow that into evidence.

And once again, you offer a video that shows no evidence of a crime being committed. Clearly you are acting in bad faith. The issue is that the prosecutors dropped charges against most of the protestors because evidence was lacking. You've offered nothing that contradicts their explanation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This is ridiculous. Your argument that a video of people being arrested is evidence that they committed a crime? It is not a crime to be arrested. Maybe in a police state that argument would be dispositive. But I don't think prosecutors showing police arresting people is going to persuade a judge to allow that into evidence.

And once again, you offer a video that shows no evidence of a crime being committed. Clearly you are acting in bad faith. The issue is that the prosecutors dropped charges against most of the protestors because evidence was lacking. You've offered nothing that contradicts their explanation.

They were charged and then the DA decided to drop charges on 46 of them, they did not drop charges on 13 of them. What is ridiculous again? 

The video showed plenty of crimes including this one, smashing the glass and breaking in

image.png.286822894c6e28813ef39945daa455b6.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

They were charged and then the DA decided to drop charges on 46 of them, they did not drop charges on 13 of them. What is ridiculous again? 

The video showed plenty of crimes including this one, smashing the glass and breaking in

image.png.286822894c6e28813ef39945daa455b6.png

A masked person smashing glass. What kind of evidence is that? It's evidence that a crime has been committed but not who has committed it. Who are the prosecutors going to prosecute? Any masked person? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, placeholder said:

A masked person smashing glass. What kind of evidence is that? It's evidence that a crime has been committed but not who has committed it. Who are the prosecutors going to prosecute? Any masked person? 

Oh I get it, you expect me to be an investigator for you.......lol

I have shown you crimes, there is plenty of evidence and videos to prove that, along with testimony. Do you deny that?

Why have the majority been released despite having been charged? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh I get it, you expect me to be an investigator for you.......lol

I have shown you crimes, there is plenty of evidence and videos to prove that, along with testimony. Do you deny that?

Why have the majority been released despite having been charged? 

What evidence did you shoe me that tied specific persons to a crime? Remember, you're the one who made this comment

"What a farce, there's a massive amount of video footage."

despite the fact that some people are being prosecuted.

As for

"Why have the majority been released despite having been charged?"

that issue has already been addressed by the prosecutors. There wasn't adequate evidence.  Did you read the original post?

You seem to believe that being arrested and charged is a crime in itself. Maybe in some parts of the world it is. Not in the USA. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What evidence did you shoe me that tied specific persons to a crime? Remember, you're the one who made this comment

"What a farce, there's a massive amount of video footage."

despite the fact that some people are being prosecuted.

As for

"Why have the majority been released despite having been charged?"

that issue has already been addressed by the prosecutors. There wasn't adequate evidence.  Did you read the original post?

You seem to believe that being arrested and charged is a crime in itself. Maybe in some parts of the world it is. Not in the USA. 

I never claimed to be able to tie specific persons to specific crimes what B.S you come out with and I stand by that, there is "What a farce, there's a massive amount of video footage." 

Actually the reason many of them were not charged is because of "prosecutorial discretion" even though they were trespassing and committing an offense. Its not like they could deny trespassing when they were arrested inside could they?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

No outrage from many of us - students at the forefront of raising injustices as they always have been down the ages.

It's what 'Red' people want to happen in the West........:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly we never broke in and we weren't trespassing guv

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I never claimed to be able to tie specific persons to specific crimes what B.S you come out with and I stand by that, there is "What a farce, there's a massive amount of video footage." 

Actually the reason many of them were not charged is because of "prosecutorial discretion" even though they were trespassing and committing an offense. Its not like they could deny trespassing when they were arrested inside could they?

Prosecutors routinely don't prosecute cases that don't rise to the level of a felony. What makes this prosecution of 13 people a "farce" as you claimed it to be.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Prosecutors routinely don't prosecute cases that don't rise to the level of a felony. What makes this prosecution of 13 people a "farce" as you claimed it to be.

Where did I claim the prosecution of 13 people was a farce?

image.png.de212abc9e0ad7233c0ba8a059ac8ee8.png

What were you claiming was the farce if not the prosecution?

Jeez, this has really gone over your head. Jeffrey said "how could it be they cant identify a single person"

You know what my response was, plenty a video footage and actually plenty of photos.

image.png.1483ef44aa115245646047cd3c6f0b4f.png

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Jeez, this has really gone over your head. Jeffrey said "how could it be they cant identify a single person"

You know what my response was, plenty a video footage and actually plenty of photos.

image.png.1483ef44aa115245646047cd3c6f0b4f.png

They haven't identified a single person? Yet they're prosecuting 13 people for felonies? Whom they haven't identified? 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

They haven't identified a single person? Yet they're prosecuting 13 people for felonies? Whom they haven't identified? 

Wow strange right, tell Jeff please.......

But the footage you claimed showed that these people committed criminal acts did nothing of the sort. And you claimed that the fact that police arrested them was somehow incriminating.

Why did they get arrested if they did not commit at the least a misdemeanor? Were they trespassing? Did they had arrested and charged? 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, but I am asking some questions that your avoiding

Really, I already addressed the issue of prosecutorial discretion. Probably misdemeanors aren't worth the bother. You have evaded the issue of evidence. Which you claimed there was a lot of. But why did you cite police arrests as evidence? 

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really, I already addressed the issue of prosecutorial discretion. Probably misdemeanors aren't worth the bother. You have evaded the issue of evidence. Which you claimed there was a lot of. But why did you cite police arrests as evidence? 

Another deflection:

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why did they get arrested if they did not commit at the least a misdemeanor? Were they trespassing? Did they had arrested and charged? 

5 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

The Democrat Party in America Today is much like a Communist Party in other countries.

The democrat party in America is a false label. They are not democrats, they are not democratic nor are they liberal. They are flat out communist- call it for what it is. The American Communists Party. A bit of a Frankenstein communism if you will.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

46 were arrested, 31 no charges. So you're saying there is evidence that those 31 committed vandalism or another crime? Sounds to me there's evidence of 15 people's crimes, so they have been identified committing the crimes, but not of the other 31. They know their identities but can't prove they committed crimes.

Edited by stevenl

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

46 were arrested, 31 no charges. So you're saying there is evidence that those 31 committed vandalism or another crime? Sounds to me there's evidence of 15 people's crimes, so they have been identified committing the crimes, but not of the other 31. They know their identities but can't prove they committed crimes.

No I am not, read the OP and read this article then you tell me

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13553841/Manhattan-DA-Alvin-Bragg-drops-charges-against-dozens-anti-Israel-protesters-Columbia-University.html

That's what the op said, that's what your link said and that's what I said. There's no evidence linking the 31 individuals to crimes.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's what the op said, that's what your link said and that's what I said. There's no evidence linking the 31 individuals to crimes.

If you had read both articles then you would know its not as simple as that. Who told you there was no evidence linking 31 individuals? Why did the DA also use his "professional discretion".

Are you sure you've read all the posts in this topic? its tedious having to write the same thing again and again when its here already.

• Sad 1