Thai car plant causes controversy with large-scale layoffs of subcontractors

webfact

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

How? They did not build the factory yet.

On June 17, 2024, reporters reported that The 100% Chinese electric car company BYD is preparing to officially open the BYD car factory at WHA Industrial Estate, Rayong Province, Thailand on July 4th.

The reporter further reported that This factory will begin producing the first 100% electric cars ( EVs ) for the Thai market. And to support export markets in ASEAN and Europe as well, is BYD Dolphin

https://www.prachachat.net/motoring/news-1588401

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Agree, and they/govt can't bail everyone out that makes bad business decisions.  Sooner or later, they/govt, runs out of other people's (ours) money.

They ran out of money a long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

On June 17, 2024, reporters reported that The 100% Chinese electric car company BYD is preparing to officially open the BYD car factory at WHA Industrial Estate, Rayong Province, Thailand on July 4th.

The reporter further reported that This factory will begin producing the first 100% electric cars ( EVs ) for the Thai market. And to support export markets in ASEAN and Europe as well, is BYD Dolphin

https://www.prachachat.net/motoring/news-1588401

I know they are building in Rayong, but it's not even close to being finished. 

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

All very nice but words don't put food on the table or kids through school.

Time this government got it's act together and started doing something for the people.

Sorry to hear that, I had to laugh at your post that the government should step in to help the people in this.
Do you believe it yourself?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tubulat said:

Sorry to hear that, I had to laugh at your post that the government should step in to help the people in this.
Do you believe it yourself?

Sometimes i do overstep the line.... pushing boundaries...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

While I agree that platitudes don't help what do you expect the government to do? There is still a worldwide industrial slowdown, every country is affected, it's the normal capitalist cycle of boom and bust where even such production giants as China are affected. The situation is made worse by the many geopolitical flash points around the world as well as global warming, in fact it's the first time that looming recessions have occurred in such a coordinated manner throughout the whole world, normally there would be one unaffected block that could help the rest to recover but not this time. The world has had an unprecedented long boom time so I anticipate a long down time, things will recover eventually, they always do, but when, 2, 3, 5 years?

You do realise that global warming is so last year as it has already been proven false. Its now climate change - you know the thing that's been going on since year dot!!! Apart from that your on the money with your statement.