I've been denied entry to Thailand - Now What ! ?

1 hour ago, John2021 said:

I got a lady at suvarnabumi and she started looking at every page on my passport even from 2022 complaining i come to Thailand too often despite i spend lot of time abroad or traveling around the world for work (i think they dont like stamps from laos and cambodia/vietnam) , then called her supervisor and got scrutined and let me in for "the last time" and got told to get a proper visa. Another friend at Dmuang in a new passport was stopped after some trips to philippines or cambodia (3-4 trips) but let in for the "last time" as well. A friend on ed visa was stopped asking at suvarnabumi to write in thai by a lady officer, and denied as he could not as just started the school.

Some people say to try men officer, but not sure. What about trying other airports or CM? some have international flights, even pattaya one or krabi.

Everyone say get a visa, but if someone is really a tourist or travel few months per year, whats the problem with that? need to do a smart visa? crazy

There is even a METV visa for travel 6 months, why they would deny entry if is even allowed to do that with a paid visa? They allow to buy. Dont understand really.

There seems to be one particular harridan at Swampy who takes delight in ruining peoples' days.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Often, there is staff who distribute people at the head of a long general queue to various shorter queues at individual immigration counters, in that case there is no choice what kind of immigration officer you get.

My one experience 2016 from Malaysia to Hat Yai at Sadao was a very unfriendly reception and means of funding checked for everyone; another passenger from my van was not with us any more on the Thai side because he didn't have proof of funding.

https://munich.thaiembassy.org/de/page/visaexemption

Please note that a visa-exemption total stay of 90 days within 180 days (from the first day of entry) may not be exceeded. If a longer stay is planned, a visa must be applied for in advance.

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

...send you back to the country you just stamped out of. That country voids your exit stamp and they let you back in.

For that reason, it's a good idea to leave some days validity of stay in that country to sort something out. Even when making the most of my permission to stay in a country, I leave one or two days before the last day.

I'm curious to hear particular cases why members were denied entry Thailand and what they did afterwards (where they departed to elsewhere, and how they got back in to Thailand).

Edited by ChristianPFC

24 minutes ago, novacova said:

7 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

. I always avoid thai women officer, i don't really like the way they treat foreigners, they looks like a bit racist

Though none looked raciest to me

"...none looked raciest to me".

So you are able to identify a racist by appearance? What does a racist IO look like, then?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...none looked raciest to me".

So you are able to identify a racist by appearance? What does a racist IO look like, then?

I suppose if walking up to a IO and they said something such as “hey whitey why do you want to bring your smelly white dog face to my country?” then I guess that would look a little raciest. But I never experienced anything like that except for once on an Indian reservation back in the mid 70’s…”white shiett what do you want!”

• Haha 1

First tip - remain calm, you're not the first person denied entry, you're not even the first person that day. It happens, in fact it happens a LOT;

Unpossible. I was told by all the visa experts here in TF that this never happens just because it never happened to them, and that I must have done something wrong, stayed to long, or maybe looked/smelled bad.  Yes, someone on this forum actually suggested something to that effect. 🤣

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Moncul said:

There seems to be one particular harridan at Swampy who takes delight in ruining peoples' days.

Hmmm, I think this was what happened to me. She matches that description and almost denied me.

23 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

True. If you present yourself to immigration with dreadlocks, a Beer Chang vest and fisherman's trousers, don't be surprised if they give you a hard time. Thais value neat appearance and politeness. 

What would you suggest one wear for a 15 hour flight in cattle class?  Suit and tie or is business casual good enough?  If you didn't immediately detect that is sarcasm you have lost the plot.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

and she started looking at every page on my passport 

Now it seems many countries are going the electronic way and don't stamp anything on the passport - in or out.

Some recent examples are Dubai (on your 1st visit an entry stamp, subsequent visits - nothing), Hong Kong (was in transit), Australia. 

3 hours ago, ravip said:

...always dress nicely, speak nicely and behave nicely at that immigration booth. Its not remotely difficult

Isn't this how it should be naturally?

NOT ONLY at immigration booths?

Could this be a reason many foreigners get into untold misery with locals in any given country?

Does a normal human have to try very hard to do this?

Yep couldnt agree more

37 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Right. When asking to be let into a country, I wear clean clothes, shoes or trainers, new looking jeans or chinos, and a polo shirt. I speak to officials in a friendly but respectful way. It's not rocket science, and I've never had trouble with immigration or customs anywhere, ever.

after a 20+ hours of travelling?

I learned decades ago:
Never choose a young female thai immigration officer line>
Never say anything other than,   Sawasdee krup when i present my passport, UNLESS questioned, (Hardly ever)
and Khob  khun krap when he gives me back my passport

KISS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angus55 said:

Why the f should i have to dress up to enter  a country

Good point, though. 
I don't think that judging foreigners outlooks is their primary (or secondary) responsibilities, but I saw few times in CW when they just denied service to the american dude for exactly same reason.

Unfortunately they got the power and it won't hurt just to bend over a bit. 

• Haha 1