Eye Gnats

WhiteHatPhil

Has anyone managed to successfully deal with those incredibly small gnats (I think they are known as Eye Gnats because that's what they aim for; eyes, mouth and nose).

I have tried the 'eggs-&-water-in-a-bottle' trap which failed miserably.  I can't seem to find where they are breeding, so I am looking at some pyrethrins (sp?) insecticide to lay down all around the outside of my house. But no idea what to buy yet, and if it will actually work.

Any (sensible) suggestions?

On 6/23/2024 at 3:16 PM, WhiteHatPhil said:

Has anyone managed to successfully deal with those incredibly small gnats (I think they are known as Eye Gnats because that's what they aim for; eyes, mouth and nose).

I have tried the 'eggs-&-water-in-a-bottle' trap which failed miserably.  I can't seem to find where they are breeding, so I am looking at some pyrethrins (sp?) insecticide to lay down all around the outside of my house. But no idea what to buy yet, and if it will actually work.

Only relief I have found is clapping each time one comes near...other day one went up my nose - I kept sneezing for over an hour before I was able to purge it out...so tiny and usually slapping at first the air pressure would blow it out from between my hands but I got quicker and now can keep them at bay!

On 6/23/2024 at 3:16 PM, WhiteHatPhil said:

I know it doesn't sound good but just run some mosquito repellent on your face and it keeps them off. Also to stop them getting on skin abrasions

• Agree 1