French 'Cult Leader' Held for 3-Month Visa Overstay in Thailand

webfact

23 minutes ago, Sig said:

Actually, I have seen it before. Also, in this case, we have no idea how he may have been behaving when they came to him. He may have been erratic and needed to be cuffed regardless. Skin tone? Hopefully not, but I guess anything is possible....

Definitely possible. Skin tone mattered at least 15 years ago when I spent a few weeks at the Hilton at IDC. People with the "wrong" skin were always cuffed during transport outside IDC, while those with the "right" skin were not. I was never, even travelling together in the same group. That made me quite uncomfortable, I must add.

So yes, at least 15 years ago, that was the norm. Today, I can't tell.

• Agree 1

Extract from this article:-

"...........leading to his detention and highlighting an ongoing issue of foreign nationals flouting visa regulations in Thailand."

Friday, 7 July 2023, 14:16"Within the next three months, the number of overstayers should be reduced to zero, as they are more likely to engage in criminal activities, which can adversely affect Thailand’s tourism industry, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakphumpipat said."

Note that the article is dated Friday 7 July 2023, and today is Monday 24 June 2024!

Maybe he was a tad optimistic!"

They say 'owt"! "Overstayers are more likely to engage in criminal activities"  - Gob****e!  they are more likely to just keep their heads down and avoid the law.

Is Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakphumpipat still in the same job? Can't seem to find any articles about him since July last year. He has maybe had his 15 minutes of fame 😁

Edited by sambum

2 hours ago, john donson said:

tm30 from hotel, does not seem to give alarm bells, for immigration the dude did not leave after 30 days ?  so why are we imposed with all those joke rules...  rulez are for foolz ?

What hotel?

He was living in a tent.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed his passport was stored in a nearby tent, where he had been living.

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Spirit him back to France

He’s probably not wanted there either, but he has a French passport unfortunately . We have inherited «  The Serpent «  as if that wasn’t bad enough. Giving interviews, making money, writing a book, gives me the shivers. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:42 AM, Sig said:

Actually, I have seen it before. Also, in this case, we have no idea how he may have been behaving when they came to him. He may have been erratic and needed to be cuffed regardless. Skin tone? Hopefully not, but I guess anything is possible....

Of course they are often handcuffed, its no big deal , but don't spoil things for him he's all excited as he thinks he may have found evidence of "racism" 

Any islamist types like this should be treated with the deepest suspicion the Thai authorities are to be applauded for getting rid, What a pity the authorities in the west are incapable of this.    There is a lot to be said for nipping things in the bud,

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:49 PM, Tropicalevo said:

You are showing a bit of bias there.

There is no genocide against Palestinians. That is Hamas propaganda and it is working well even to informed and supposedly educated folk.

However, it is a stated and publicised statement that Hamas want to kill ALL Jews. That is genocide.

Israel will kill all Hamas in order to get the kidnapped folk back.

Unfortunately, Hamas hide behind Palestinians, who happen to support them.

Also, Russia in Ukraine.

China against the Uyghurs.

And you could go on with that list with China in Tibet and Inner Mongolia as well as their desire for Taiwan....
Probably the worst nation, regarding this matter, on the globe (North Korea might be the only nation worse). Yet, people and their various governments are fine doing business with them and buying their products. It is revolting.

• Agree 1