How many days in Phuket is ideal?

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

Seriously , there are better places along the East Coast unless you really like crowds.

We live in Rawai and if we go out we always go to Phuket Town, 

22 hours ago, MichaelJackson said:

I am planning a trip to Phuket and wondering how many days are ideal. I want to have enough time to enjoy beach time, cultural sites, and nightlife. What would you recommend?

zero.

zero for me too - - though I did have a very nice vacation at the Marriot Resort at the north end of. the island... but that was because the resort is self contained and beautiful... 

I Totally disagree!

I have just done a six week road trip around South Thailand and spent 2 weeks in Kata.

It was great!...The south of the island has great beaches and all amenities.

I have visited Phuket many times, but I have lived on Samui for 14 years plus....so it doesn't seem expensive to me!

Also we hear horror stories about Ruskies everywhere on Phuket...... I only met a few and they were all polite and "Friendly"....Well in a Cold sort of way! :biggrin::thumbsup:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

I Totally disagree!

I have just done a six week road trip around South Thailand and spent 2 weeks in Kata.

It was great!...The south of the island has great beaches and all amenities.

I have visited Phuket many times, but I have lived on Samui for 14 years plus....so it doesn't seem expensive to me!

Also we hear horror stories about Ruskies everywhere on Phuket...... I only met a few and they were all polite and "Friendly"....Well in a Cold sort of way! :biggrin::thumbsup:

One sensible response. Northern beaches are good too. 4 nights is a good amount of time. Guys who never been there saying it's bad are best ignored.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RT555 said:

I would rather donate a kidney than spend a night in Phuket.

So getting a massage, eating food and staying in a nice hotel is worse than hospital operation? Where do you get this nonsense from? You probably never been there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well like everything it depends on what you know, who you know and knowing where to go!

Many parts of Phuket are like <deleted> suburbs anywhere, but if you take time to explore there are some fabulous beaches and chilled restaurants.

You need a bike or a car to explore it properly.....As we all know, Phuket Taxis are best avoided!

I live in Phuket and am trying to sell and relocate to Phangnga which is over the bridge. During Covid Phuket was a great place. Now they should rename it TRUCKET because all you see is big trucks and all sorts of other work trucks as well as pickups spewing black smoke all over the place. Yup the traffic is hell and it's not family friendly at all. Phuket doesn't even feel like an island yet Phangnga, which isn't, does.

• Like 1

25 years ago, I would say 1-2 weeks. Now, I must agree with the other posters here. Zero days! Happiest day of my life when I sold my business there and moved out. Been back twice just for a few days, and verified that it's a <deleted>hole place.

Go visit Krabi, or Trang. Much nicer and not just a tourist ghetto.

• Like 1