Line app. How to 'Leave' a chat? (not group chat)

JeffersLos

Using the Line application on Android.

I see and read that it is possible to leave a group chat by clicking on the 3 bars on the top right, it gives you the option to leave.

But other chats that are with one person, not a group, I don't see this option. 

Some old chats are listed as 'empty'. Click on it and at the bottom is says 'unknown left the chat', then 'you're the only one here' in the message field.

How do I do this myself and leave a chat without deleting my profile?

TIA. 

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Using the Line application on Android.

I see and read that it is possible to leave a group chat by clicking on the 3 bars on the top right, it gives you the option to leave.

But other chats that are with one person, not a group, I don't see this option. 

Some old chats are listed as 'empty'. Click on it and at the bottom is says 'unknown left the chat', then 'you're the only one here' in the message field.

TIA. 

Just block the contact.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

That's not the question.

The question is, how to 'leave' the chat? So it comes up as 'empty' on their end and they see that 'unknown has left the chat' without deleting my profile. 

the answer is to block the contact, same as they have blocked you

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the answer is to block the contact, same as they have blocked you

No it isn't.

Blocking doesn't do that. They still see you in the chat and can send you messages, just you will never see them or their messages unless you click on their profile and unblock them. 

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. 🙂 

Edited by JeffersLos

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

No it isn't.

Blocking doesn't do that. They still see you in the chat and can send you messages, just you will never see them or their messages unless you click on their profile and unblock them. 

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. 🙂 

you obviously don't know what you're talking about hence the question 🙂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

In those cases, the other person has deleted their profile or set up a new one, thereby losing the old one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

In those cases, the other person has deleted their profile or set up a new one, thereby losing the old one.

It seems that this is the only way to become 'unknown' and to 'leave the chat', thanks. 

Edited by JeffersLos

No, that isn't how to 'leave' a chat. It just deletes the chat and chat history from your side. 🙂 

I understand the issue completely - it's a pain in the *** - what I do is go through and 'unsend' my messages (if you are quick enough) if not block that person.

• Like 1

Firstly, open the page that lists all your chats in order of the latest one first. Then press and hold on the chat you want to delete. You will then be given 4 options - Hide, Mute Chat, Pin Chat or Delete, tap delete.  That will delete the chat but not your contact.

To delete the contact, open LINE and select Home at the bottom then tap on Friends.  Scroll to the friend you want to delete and press and hold on the name. You will be given 6 options - one of which is delete.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Firstly, open the page that lists all your chats in order of the latest one first. Then press and hold on the chat you want to delete. You will then be given 4 options - Hide, Mute Chat, Pin Chat or Delete, tap delete.  That will delete the chat but not your contact.

To delete the contact, open LINE and select Home at the bottom then tap on Friends.  Scroll to the friend you want to delete and press and hold on the name. You will be given 6 options - one of which is delete.

We know all that but it doesn't delete the chat - jeeze

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I understand the issue completely - it's a pain in the ***

A look on google has people trying to do it 2014. Ten years ago lol. For whatever reason it still seems to be impossible to do with deleting your entire account. 😞 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Firstly, open the page that lists all your chats in order of the latest one first. Then press and hold on the chat you want to delete. You will then be given 4 options - Hide, Mute Chat, Pin Chat or Delete, tap delete.

Deleting chats and blocking a user is not what's being discussed. 

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

It says that when someone has deleted you or deleted their LINE.

Edited by MangoKorat

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Deletes the chat for me

Exactly.

For you. Not for them, and they can still see your account and account information.

The issue is leaving a non-group chat, so for the other user it comes up that 'unknown has left the chat' and that 'you're the only one here'.

hold down the contact person on the screen and a pop up will appear with delete--block..etc...

delete chat

from main contact list

not blocked as they still exist should they ever return with a  message...as i have to do this alot with the Tf gals who want $$

can also hide chat.......and delete chat history in settings

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

chats are listed as 'empty'. Click on it and at the bottom is says 'unknown left the chat', then 'you're the only one here' in the message field.

4 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

hold down the contact person on the screen and a pop up will appear with delete--block..etc...

delete chat

from main contact list

not blocked as they still exist should they ever return with a  message...as i have to do this alot with the Tf gals who want $$

can also hide chat.......and delete chat history in settings

No.

None of that results in what is mentioned. 🙂

No, that isn't how to 'leave' a chat. It just deletes the chat and chat history from your side. 🙂 

did you try to contact line and ask them, they should have tech support for this type of questions

Maybe the person deleted his or hers account. To do so go to settings, account and scroll down to the last option. Especially common at dating apps where members buy second or third  Simcard to communicate without telling you the real Line.

58 minutes ago, msbkk said:

Maybe the person deleted his or hers account.

I'm talking about me, not anybody else. 

The option to 'leave' the chat so the other person only sees 'Unknown has left the chat' is obviously only possible by deleting your entire account. 

It seems that some posters on here also learned some new vocabulary, such as delete, block and leave.

Bonus. 🙂 

I'm talking about me, not anybody else. 

The option to 'leave' the chat so the other person only sees 'Unknown has left the chat' is obviously only possible by deleting your entire account. 

It seems that some posters on here also learned some new vocabulary, such as delete, block and leave.

Bonus. 🙂 

. According to my knowledge there is no option for you to leave. There are only 2 options.  It is either block a person or delete your account.