Second Day Off Weed

20 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I quit drinking coffee three months ago.  I was never a heavy drinker - one or two in the morning.  I have found that I don't miss it at all.

I wonder if they sell decaf at 7 Eleven (no big stores here).  Might give it a try.  Not to brag but I will.  My health is incredibly good but the caffein does wreck my naps after exercising more times than not.  It is the ritual I think and the caffein is a non factor.  I don't think I have ever been without caffein for at least 30 years.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

Sorry, but that was a strange post.  You know little about me and made some grand assumptions.  Hey - whatever floats your boat and I myself, in weird moments, do the same.

The first paragraph is good 🙂 but it seems like you became a  "know it all" in the preceding paragraphs.   

BTW, I'm not making excuses as you stated and just casually making an observation about my last few days.  Nothing deep or scientific and, to be honest,  you sound quite judgmental.  Probably wasn't your intention but reread your post.  I'm fine with weed and also OK with alcohol users.  I definately  don't feel the need to tell people what they should and shouldn't do.  Nor do I have a firm grasp why  habits change as you seem to know without a doubt.

Cool that you can be so productive but I am not. How did you go from that first paragraph that was pleasant to typing the rest? We aren't the same and that is OK?

Egos, the most fragile superficial surface known to mankind. 🤦🏻‍♂️

i was a person who smoked cannabis and tobacco 24/7. 3 months ago i stopped smoke completely. i quit being asocial. i became a person who likes to eat. i gained 10 kilos in 3 months. i will start doing sports to lose weight. in general, i am very happy that i quit tobacco and cannabis. i don't think i will start again. cannabis is a good thing, but if you overdose like me, it definitely turns it into a bad habit.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, atpeace said:

Why did you drop weed?  I'm thinking my pause will be short lived but I'm feeling great.  Do you drink?  

I don't drink (much), but enjoys a glass of wine or two for my daily candlelight dinner, sometimes a small drink before dinner. When heading out in the nightlife I only drink soft drinks – still having great fun...🥳 – so, I'm always sober enough to drive safely home...👍

And about weed: It was fun to try – it was a trend in the happy hippie-era in the 1960s, when I was a pro rock musician for a few years – but I didn't end up as addicted to it; more easy-peacy to stop weed than to stop smoking tobacco, which followed many years after...:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I don't drink (much), but enjoys a glass of wine or two for my daily candlelight dinner, sometimes a small drink before dinner. When heading out in the nightlife I only drink soft drinks – still having great fun...🥳 – so, I'm always sober enough to drive safely home...👍

And about weed: It was fun to try – it was a trend in the happy hippie-era in the 1960s, when I was a pro rock musician for a few years – but I didn't end up as addicted to it; more easy-peacy to stop weed than to stop smoking tobacco, which followed many years after...:thumbsup:

I've read some of your other posts in the past.  You have had a good life.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've stopped smoking during the week and save it for weekends when we're staying in only now.  I used to be able to smoke all day long and crack on with anything I needed to do, work etc

But now as I'm getting a little bit older it hits me different.  I have zero energy or enthusiasm to do anything other than relax and watch movies.  Can't even be bothered with the xbox, I just want to vegetate - which is a pretty new experience and I've been smoking for over 20 years (Cannabis only, never cigs, yes I know very bad...haha).  So I save it for the weekend now - and appreciate it much more.

But yeah during the week I feel so much better for it and its like a little reward at the end of the week.  Could work for you?

5 hours ago, SamuiAddict said:

I've stopped smoking during the week and save it for weekends when we're staying in only now.  I used to be able to smoke all day long and crack on with anything I needed to do, work etc

But now as I'm getting a little bit older it hits me different.  I have zero energy or enthusiasm to do anything other than relax and watch movies.  Can't even be bothered with the xbox, I just want to vegetate - which is a pretty new experience and I've been smoking for over 20 years (Cannabis only, never cigs, yes I know very bad...haha).  So I save it for the weekend now - and appreciate it much more.

But yeah during the week I feel so much better for it and its like a little reward at the end of the week.  Could work for you?

Been 10 days since my OP and it keeps getting better.   Those veg states you mentioned above are the main reason I stopped.  I could spend 4-6 hours watching youtube fools (sports shows) yell at each other.  Weird, but  I seem to enjoy watching angry people while stoned and not caring what they were arguing about. 

The  days now are crisp and I am starting to do the little things I easily put off.  No drastic changes but feel generally better and go days without watching stupid youtube videos.  I thought I would be back using in a week but may quit for a while.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Been 10 days since my OP and it keeps getting better.   Those veg states you mentioned above are the main reason I stopped.  I could spend 4-6 hours watching youtube fools (sports shows) yell at each other.  Weird, but  I seem to enjoy watching angry people while stoned and not caring what they were arguing about. 

The  days now are crisp and I am starting to do the little things I easily put off.  No drastic changes but feel generally better and go days without watching stupid youtube videos.  I thought I would be back using in a week but may quit for a while.

I realize you posted this topic seeking some validation and for others to concur and support your reasons for stopping, but, the things you don’t like, such as the veg states, I think are wonderful. 

I’m not into watching mindless YouTube videos, but obviously that’s not a requirement and there are lots of alternatives for enjoying the time. I also enjoy lying in bed, contemplating nothing, and feeling happy. Nothing wrong with that if you don’t have to do something or be somewhere. I’m not really focused on being overly productive anymore in my life so it’s perfect. Sometimes I stay up and don’t go to sleep until very late because I’m enjoying the high. When I was younger it would have been more of an issue, but now it’s bliss. 

Also, that’s what weed typically does. Chill you out and put you into a zone where you may timelapse a bit. But if you’re looking for focus and clarity then it’s probably not the right thing and never was. 

Anyway, my biggest take away is, despite all the stigmatization of cannabis, that it is not an addictive drug. This thread proves that. Those who want to quit just quit. There is no need for rehab. No withdrawals. No AA meetings needed. Just stop. Much less addictive or habit forming than alcohol or cigarettes. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i guess it all depends on the person. good on your for stopping. hope it helps you for your own way. 

today i walked 4km in the morning and smoked a joint on the walk. came home. smoked some more and started painting my neighbors garage. smoked some more moved a cord of wood out of the garage. smoked some more. went back to painting. smoked some more walked to walmart. smoked some more made a dumb comment on AN. smoked some more and now i need to eat.

49 minutes ago, stoner said:

i guess it all depends on the person. good on your for stopping. hope it helps you for your own way. 

today i walked 4km in the morning and smoked a joint on the walk. came home. smoked some more and started painting my neighbors garage. smoked some more moved a cord of wood out of the garage. smoked some more. went back to painting. smoked some more walked to walmart. smoked some more made a dumb comment on AN. smoked some more and now i need to eat.

Wow, your a busy little toker. 3 grams a day?

When I was a smoker I was never a daily smoker, for me smoking had to be a novelty, when it became a daily occurrence for many of my friends, it just appeared to be the norm rather than something interesting or unique. Sobriety then became interesting or unique.

For me I just simply lost any enjoyment connected with it, and I gave it up a long time ago. 

On 6/25/2024 at 8:53 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Hehe I always start with a joint and coffees with 4 hours work, then I do a work out with dumbells, then a shave and shower + breakfast lunch at once. After 2-4 hours more and done for the day, all this wil smoking, just not super strong.

To me it is really like a medicine and mainly for the taste, i'd say i'm pretty much always at the same level of high 24/7. Id love building and painting some fences for money with a joint as long its not too hot yet in the early mornings.

You have chronic addiction. I hope you can get help from someone 

Yeah  

Same effects on me  plus with no munchies easier weight control.

I'm just this afternoon coming off a two weed break.

I got everything done and the remaining little projects will be enjoyable to do stoned.

I'm an all day smoker when at home, have been since my 20's, now in my 50's.

When i go to work I cannot smoke for the full month, but when get home for a month go back to all day smoking, done this for 30 years.

A bonus of this is for the first couple of days home I can get completely baked on a very small amount.

I can say for me there is pretty much zero comedown or side effects when stopping that I notice.

Had a few periods when i stopped completely for a few months at a time just to prove to myself that i can but I really enjoy it so I start again.

Regarding productivity, I find it depends on the strain but a general rule of thumb for me is Sativa during the day which actually sometimes helps me focus and get stuff done, a nice indica to chill at night.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:03 AM, stoner said:

nooooooo. 

for taste you want glass tips. then you can put a cotton 5 or 6 ml filter in to block out chunks and some of the tar etc. 

glass tip joints are a whole new level of yummy.

Ali ali bong...

wake and bake and then hits of the glass one hitter to maintain. Im lazy no matter what I smoke.

Thats just weed now mind you. You can hand me the greatest designer weed in the world and Ill wack on it and hit the kitchen to cook or go clean the garage. Rosin though? One bang and good night

Micro-dosing has probably been spoken in here. I switched from smoking 7g/week to less than 2g/week. I can say that much smaller doses is really the best way to consume... It still help me to get rid of the pains, I can function very well,  and I still manage to train hard with micro-dosing. However I do micro-dosing with vaporizers only, I use Dynavap.

With using less, it cost less, and I can spend on high quality weed. I found a shop that sells really amazing flowers for like 500B per 10g. that last me 1 month. 

On 6/24/2024 at 9:02 PM, atpeace said:

Sure I'll be back using but it feels so good at the moment.  Anybody feel this way when taking a break? 

It got to be too routine and wasn't really providing any pleasure so I stopped.  It became nearly impossible to spend quality time in the evenings with my sober partner because I was in a veg state after 8pm.  Also doing more and my to do list is actually shrinking.  Filed my 2022 taxes!  Probably 2023 this week and might add a new exercise room to the home. I wonder why booze has no impact on my motivation while weed really slows me down.

I pretty much stopped in my mid 20s as it had gotten too routine.  Being stoned wasn't much different then not being stoned.
Stopped buying it but would have a puff in a social context.  Then just completely quit.

Tried it again when it was decriminalized here.  But it's just different now.  I don't get anything like that same feeling.  In my 20s it was extremely pleasant; now it's just mind-clouding. So I've pretty well hung it up for good.  With that said though I'm pro-legalization.  If people wish to indulge they should be able to without the government hammer of prison hanging over their heads. 

For those who insist it's addictive.  Bunk.  I smoked a lot of pot between my mid-teens and mid-20s - during university pretty much every day, and when I decided to quit - I quit.  Just like that.  For those with addictive personalities - if you can't quit, go to NA.  But that vast majority of people can take it or leave it. 

Now you want to talk addiction?  Cigarette.  Evil sh*t.  Don't ever start.  Cannabis?  Not addictive.  If you ever had done both you'd know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

do you have a puffco ? 

I use, in random rotations Quartz banger rigs or Ooze Quartz Burners on 510s. Sometimes I dip a bud and Grav 12mm one hit it.

I pretty much stopped smoking weed any way except out of Glass tasters. Im using Grav 9mms for just weed. 

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I use, in random rotations Quartz banger rigs or Ooze Quartz Burners on 510s. Sometimes I dip a bud and Grav 12mm one hit it.

I pretty much stopped smoking weed any way except out of Glass tasters. Im using Grav 9mms for just weed. 

that grav thing looks pretty cool. i use glass tips now in my joints with elements. canada has some great liquid diamond vapes too. fake terps but they hit great.