Julian Assange Freed Under US Plea Deal: A New Chapter for WikiLeaks Founder

Social Media

50 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's a shame nobody of his ilk is in Camp David right now, watching them coach Joe with the actual questions, given to him in advance by CNN.

But I digress... 

Still, I fear for Assange's safety.  He must have a heck of a dead man switch to have survived this long.

Surely ' I digress' should have been before your intro......

6 hours ago, Social Media said:

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, has been released from a British prison following a plea deal with US authorities that concludes his long-running legal saga. Assange, 52, faced charges of conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense information due to his role in releasing classified documents related to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

To be precise that is what is expected, but as he hasn't actually arrived in Saipan ( he's in Bangkok, on his way there ) he's not actually free till the documents have been signed. I'd say he's not free till he arrives in Australia.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

You sweet summer child.

The CIA has a long and innoble history of smearing targets with sex crime accusations.

Oh for the days when conspiracy theorists were relatively thin on the ground.

Quick, look behind you😱

• Confused 3

46 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

The CIA and American elite have a long and innoble history of smearing antagonists as "conspiracy theorists". 

And the Swedish state has a long and enviable reputation for its' lack of corruption and transparency.

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean those charges that were dropped years ago?

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They didn't "disappear", they were dropped, officially, years ago, by the prosecutor due to weak evidence.

Not quite as simple as that. The evidence has "weakened" due to the long delay in pursuing the cases, in part due to Assange's unwillingness to cooperate.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780743412/swedish-prosecutor-ends-investigation-into-julian-assange-over-rape-claims

Edited by RayC
Wording
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Now that he's free he will have time to release the Big Guy papers

Whats the terminology when they have the goods and they know they might get in an unforeseen deadly accident, and then the goods become exposed for the whole world to see?

What ever its called ,I hope he has that

special arraignment with a trusted attorney!

methinks

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Now free to go back to Oz but wasted away the best years of his life. 

My motto, stay safe and under the radar at all times, mind your own business and enjoy life, it's too short to be spent locked up. 

Wikileaks is his business

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Now free to go back to Oz but wasted away the best years of his life. 

My motto, stay safe and under the radar at all times, mind your own business and enjoy life, it's too short to be spent locked up. 

He's got the right idea. 

Once you get out, after being imprisoned, head straight to Pattaya. 🍺

IMG_20240625_184819.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

A reported post against community rules has been removed.

Rule 9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.