Delivery Guy Tried to Scam me?

Troy Tempest

Dear All,

I recently ordered something from Lazada and the delivery guy arrived on a motorbike and delivered the package having called me previously.

I already had the exact amount ready and paid him for the package on arrival and he went away.

The price was 1,224 Thb.

However, about 1 hour later I got a call from a lady  saying that I had only given the guy 224 Thb.

I was adamant that I had paid the full amount and then suddenly I heard her talking to the delivery guy who was still saying I had only paid 224 Thb.

He then came on the phone saying he was coming back for the "Extra" 1,000Thb.

I went ballistic and told them to <deleted> Right Off!

He said he was still going to come to get the money at which point I had to threaten him and closed the call!

He never showed up....Surprise, surprise!

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar occurrence?

Post edited to remove names.We do not permit naming/shaming it's defamatory and dangerous to do so.

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.