Samsung Vaccum Cleaner Motor

carlyai

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What's actually wrong with the motor?

Just brushes or ...

If the worst comes to the worst there are places that will re-wind small motors for fairly nominal fees.

Has that brown smell and intermittant operation.

Took it to my local (Issan) sidewalk Fix Anything Shop and he tried to get a new motor but no success. Said try Bangkok.

Bought a Dyson reɛlacement and love it, but like to get the old one going as spare.

Edited by carlyai
  • Like 1

image.png.c5d2e50e76b987bf9ec8b69bfc8213f6.png

image.png.b55762fa8b8d6781231756fd70617d72.png

https://vcland.ru/katalog/zapchasti_dlya_bytovoj_tehniki/zapchasti_dlya_pylesosov/samsung/dvigatel_motor_vcm-k60euaa_1670w_dlya_pylesosov_samsung_dj31-00120f/

I think you can buy it in RUBLES, also, on this website.

BUT,,,, This NEW Samsung Vacuum Cleaner has EVEN more watts of sucking power....

And, less than Bt.2000.

Very much doubt you could get this much suction, for the money, even in Pattaya.

image.png.c166f955166c4b2ddeb02b4d2c3ddf21.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

Well in the bin it goes. Can't even find someone around here that rewinds motors.

A lost art.

Hardly, but it may not be quite as cheap as @Crossy said. I, not too long ago, was trying to find a replacement motor for one of my tools, they are not available. So I went down to our local electrical fix it shop and had the motor rewound, while it is rather larger than the motor you are needing to get fixed AFIR it was about 3,000 baht. For me it was the only option and I was happy to pay it, for other uses it is likely to be too expensive.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Hardly, but it may not be quite as cheap as @Crossy said. I, not too long ago, was trying to find a replacement motor for one of my tools, they are not available. So I went down to our local electrical fix it shop and had the motor rewound, while it is rather larger than the motor you are needing to get fixed AFIR it was about 3,000 baht. For me it was the only option and I was happy to pay it, for other uses it is likely to be too expensive.

Happy ending though. 🙂

I just don't like to throw away anything electrical/mechanical/electronic. Got all these bits waiting for fixing (but will never get around to it).

I could get the same electrical spec. motor, but it's the dimensions of all that are a little different to fit the case.

If I was in Bangkok I'd visit Baan Mor where they rewind motors on the street corners, or used to. 

• Like 1