Any Free Wi-fi Around Orchard Rd In Singapore?

steffi

Is the wi-fi in Singapore free? I'll be at the Phoenix Hotel but not sure if there's wifi there or not.

Singapore

38 Wi-Fi Hotspots found

Connect securely at any hotspot

with JiWire Hotspot HelperTM

Location (A-Z)

All # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Previous | 11 - 20 of 38 | Next

Show

All location types Hotels / Resorts

Hotspot Location Show

All access providers iPass Trustive Independent Provider inter-touch Icell Network Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore NTT DoCoMo namikiteru

Access Providers

All locations matching your search criteria

New Park Hotel - Swimming Pool Area

181 Kitchener Road

New Park Hotel

Singapore Other 208533

Location Type: Hotel / Resort

Map | Directions | Connection Options 1 provider

802.11b Wi-Fi

Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore

177A River Valley Road

Singapore Other

802.11b Wi-Fi

Phoenix Hotel Basement

277 Orchard Road

Singapore Other 238858

802.11b Wi-Fi

Phoenix Hotel Basement

277 Orchard Road

Singapore Other

802.11b Wi-Fi

Phoenix Hotel level 1

277 Orchard Road

Singapore Other 238858

802.11b Wi-Fi

Phoenix Hotel level 1

277 Orchard Road

Singapore Other

802.11b Wi-Fi

Plaza Parkroyal Singapore

7500A Beach Road

Singapore Other

802.11b Wi-Fi

River View Hotel

382 Havelock Road

Singapore Other 169629

802.11b Wi-Fi

River View Hotel

382 Havelock Road

Singapore Other 169629

802.11b Wi-Fi

Shangri-La HoteI - Island Ballroom

22 Orange Grove Road

Singapore Other 258350

http://cnet.jiwire.com/search-wifi-hotspot...amp;startnum=11

there is free wi-fi access in most popular public places in Singapore via the government sponsored wireless@sg program - google wireless@sg or visit the IDA web site

http://www.ida.gov.sg/Programmes/200610271...?getPagetype=36

you need a free account from one of the major providers - QMax, Singtel or ICell - can apply online before you travel, the links are all on the IDA web site (the links on the provider web sites are harder to find, they want you to buy their "premier" accounts instead!)

I got a free account with QMax and used it extensively around Chinatown and Orchard Rd last year

bkkguy

Well for Singnet's Service validation image doesn't display in Safari nor Firefox so they can't be too serious then.

Also didn't get any SMS reply back from QMax.

there is free wi-fi access in most popular public places in Singapore via the government sponsored wireless@sg program - google wireless@sg or visit the IDA web site

you need a free account from one of the major providers - QMax, Singtel or ICell - can apply online before you travel, the links are all on the IDA web site (the links on the provider web sites are harder to find, they want you to buy their "premier" accounts instead!)

I got a free account with QMax and used it extensively around Chinatown and Orchard Rd last year

bkkguy

Edited by steffi

This was excellent advice and allowed me to be prepared when I got there. I signed up with both Qmax and icell but Qmax never sent me a password before arrival. Anyway, I was able to use my icell account all over Orchard Road and even made a truphone call with it. The only thing I didn't understand was that I couldn't get online at the airport via "Local" with my icell account. Just wouldn't let me in. Did that work for you with your Qmax?

bkkguy

The only thing I didn't understand was that I couldn't get online at the airport via "Local" with my icell account. Just wouldn't let me in. Did that work for you with your Qmax?

If I remember correctly the WiFi at the airport is provided by another supplier and is not free. There are however a few points in the departures area with free terminals and free lan points to plug in your own notebook

this may have changed now and/or I may be remembering from trips years ago before wireless@sg!

bkkguy