Why are Thai men so submissive

Yamu

2 minutes ago, Yamu said:

Hello flogwallahs,

I have now been in Thailand for 3 weeks so i am practically a local now. One thing that has struck me is why the local men (and even the vast majority of the localised farang) are so submissive.

I dont mean to be offensive however between half the men dressing as lady boys for sex and the remainder sitting by and just watching as westerners come in and steal all the prime grade women and they do nothing but smile and cower.

Occassionally an uppity mong will try and do something sleezly like scam an unsuspecting foreigner but as a culture they are extremely submissive.

Reminds me a bit of red headed south australia doctors who let their wives wear the pants and sleep with the tradies while the husband is on night shift

Insightful OP. In my 2 weeks in Hua Hin I've also noticed a certain level of submissive behaviour.

They're more than happy to rip off Westerners (they tried to charge me $30AUD for a Nike shirt but I managed to get them down to a great price - $23AUD) but they turn to jelly when the missus starts barking orders. 

In my part of the world, we call it small willy syndrome but I'm not sure if it's respectful to say this in Thailand 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2baht said:

🤣Funny! After 30+ years in Thailand, I feel no more local than the first day I was here but have long come to the conclusion that we are just farang, spend your money and go!

Fair enough friend and I am sorry it's taken you so long to assimilate and fit in. Try doing more local stuff like go to the local water markets or night markets or eat phó and you'll be surprised how quick it takes

• Sad 2

Just now, Mekmong MICK said:

Fair enough friend and I am sorry it's taken you so long to assimilate and fit in. Try doing more local stuff like go to the local water markets or night markets or eat phó and you'll be surprised how quick it takes

I'm really not looking for advice! I have done very well in Thailand, have many acquantainces but would rather the company of farang! I ate the best Pho in Vietnam!

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

🤣Funny! After 30+ years in Thailand, I feel no more local than the first day I was here but have long come to the conclusion that we are just farang, spend your money and go!

Maybe you should join up at the local Thai kickboxing gym.. it really is a good way to feel like a local, I fit right in when I’m there tbh

they treat me like a local and have picked up the language within a couple of weeks , I am starting to even write sentences in Thai 

you just must be hanging out with the wrong crowd of you are a farang after 30 years.. sheesh, I feel like a local after 1 month of training 

steve not so much as he doesn’t train and just chases women.. the dirtier the better for him, no wonder he catches sti’s 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

29 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I'm really not looking for advice! I have done very well in Thailand, have many acquantainces but would rather the company of farang!

Similar story to me mate.

I have plenty thai guys I could call up for a drink right now if I wanted to.

I just know that doing so would be more trouble than it's worth.

Much prefer the company of my fellow farangs, though I also know a few farang loonballs..

gotta be careful who you talk to on that proverbial bar stool these days!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

AN has deteriorated since you limited your posts, I miss them Bob! Have you got a subject for today?

my posts/replies keep getting removed.

It takes time and effort to write them up and for what?

so they can be taken down 5 minutes later??

I have many more experiences that I would love to share with the expat community,

i'm just not sure it's worth it anymore.

much to the joy of many of the rose tinted glasses clique I'm sure!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Similar story to me mate.

I have plenty thai guys I could call up for a drink right now if I wanted to.

I just know that doing so would be more trouble than it's worth.

Much prefer the company of my fellow farangs, though I also know a few farang loonballs..

gotta be careful who you talk to on that proverbial bar stool these days!

bob.

Good for you Bob preferring the company of gentlemen. It's good Thailand is so accommodating of alternative lifestyles and it's great you don't discriminate between Thai boys and farang's

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, bob smith said:

my posts/replies keep getting removed.

It takes time and effort to write them up and for what?

so they can be taken down 5 minutes later??

I have many more experiences that I would love to share with the expat community,

i'm just not sure it's worth it anymore.

much to the joy of many of the rose tinted glasses clique I'm sure!

bob.

You need to write a memoir!   a kind of historical record for future generations.

Now for the title, hmmm

Sex, Somtam, and Spiritual Enlightenment: My Debauched Path to Self-Discovery in Thailand.

Flip-Flop Nirvana: Memoirs of a Bangkok Bender

teehee

1 minute ago, fondue zoo said:

You need to write a memoir!   a kind of historical record for future generations.

Now for the title, hmmm

Sex, Somtam, and Spiritual Enlightenment: My Debauched Path to Self-Discovery in Thailand.

Flip-Flop Nirvana: Memoirs of a Bangkok Bender

teehee

....are you being sarcastic, fondue?

bob.

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

the women over they love my white skin, I laugh to myself when I kick there husband hard in the stomach and his lady is pining for me the whole time 

fantastic how the lust for your wallet can be vastly misinterpreted as something totally different. is it an elephant foreskin wallet?

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

...it ain't me man!!

seems AN is being trolled relentlessly at the moment.

bob.

They don’t have enough local news.

So much going on in Thailand but not reported here only trash talking and arguing about Trump, Gaza, the UK etc. 

if they don’t improve it I will leave despite being awarded my silver membership yesterday 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1