Foreigner fined for threatening Thai cyclist with dogs

webfact

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The best way to deal with aggressive dogs is either a can of insect spray, or mace, or pepper spray. They all work like a charm, all animals hate insect spray and will do anything to avoid it, just spray it in their face and they go crazy.

Somebody needs to tame these wild beasts, and somebody needs to tame the idiot owner of the resort, whatever it takes, besides a 1000 baht fine by a seriously compromised group, that calls itself law enforcement. 

Honestly this is a disgusting post and is animal cruelty, the best way is face them, stay tall and back away slowly. You are a grown man you don't need to attempt to blind the dog to come away unscathed.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If a dog is attempting to attack me, I have no issue with inflicting great harm on the beast. None. I would not lose one wink of sleep over it. The spray is not likely to blind the dog, but the smell is a huge deterrent. Staying tall gets many people maimed for life. No thanks.

Sorry but that is not true, pepper spray can cause many long term effects, including corneal ulcers which can lead to blindness...  I've worked with dogs since I was a teenager at a local shelter, foster dogs and have 2 of my own, dogs only attack people who they think they can dominate or attack first, any grown man should be able to stand their ground and get the dog to back off

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ryandb said:

Sorry but that is not true, pepper spray can cause many long term effects, including corneal ulcers which can lead to blindness...  I've worked with dogs since I was a teenager at a local shelter, foster dogs and have 2 of my own, dogs only attack people who they think they can dominate or attack first, any grown man should be able to stand their ground and get the dog to back off

I bet you are one of those 'animals lovers' who eats animals, all concerned about stinking mutts getting a smack, but not about millions of cows and pigs here being sliced up. Animals are animals, there is no difference between domestic and farming.

Edited by proton
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/28/2024 at 12:52 PM, n00dle said:

Witchunts harm both the guilty and the innocent   

When anyone willingly presents as entitled and irresponsible, it's far from a witch hurt, hopefully it forces a renoning... and he brings it on himself... what he has done should be roasted, turned-over and disposed of... with extreme prejudice. Save you tears for actual victims, not those that make victims. 

9 hours ago, ryandb said:

Honestly this is a disgusting post and is animal cruelty, the best way is face them, stay tall and back away slowly. You are a grown man you don't need to attempt to blind the dog to come away unscathed.

You obviously haven't been bitten by an out of control dog!

If it's had a blast of spray in its face, it's not an attempt to blind it - it's a "come near me, or anyone again growling and snarling, you'll get another dose of this"

Another point to bear in mind is that dogs can smell fear and if you are backing off in fear, it is just as likely to "have a go" as it is to go away. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, mstevens said:

The Asean Now article only translates part of the original report, and what this clown Mario did is actually much worse. He threw the old Thai man's bike in to the sea and he also said that he had a gun and threatened him with it.

I don't like to count myself amongst the hang 'gm high brigade but this farang clown needs a much harsher punishment for this. 1,000 baht fine? It's a pittance.

"It's a pittance."

Correct - probably spends that on a day's dog food and a drink or 3.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

When anyone willingly presents as entitled and irresponsible, it's far from a witch hurt, hopefully it forces a renoning... and he brings it on himself... what he has done should be roasted, turned-over and disposed of... with extreme prejudice. Save you tears for actual victims, not those that make victims. 

Grammar Police here - it's not a "witchunt" or a "witchurt" - it's a "witch hunt"!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, sambum said:

From his Facebook page:-

"Former Managing director at mezelf

No schools/universities to show

From Eeklo, Belgium"

Yes, I've been told. 

Obviously a fake BS profile... Former managing director at MYSELF, Ha, ha. 

No school or university....ha ha 

sambum... Keep up the good work, Facebook profile investigator  

I've got more important things to do, not time to search people's profiles. 

Anyway, the radio station said Italian. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I've been told. 

Some/many people do not put their school or University on their profile

So the Radio Station is bound to be correct? - ha ha

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

Some/many people do not put their school or University on their profile

So the Radio Station is bound to be correct? - ha ha

I'm not saying the radio station is correct. 

Where did I say that?

It's what I heard...... Mr Mario from Italy, makes sense to me. 

Why are you people being irritating and annoying?

Go away and study all those Facebook profiles. 

Geeze some people have too much time. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I've been told. 

I've got more important things to do, not time to search people's profiles. 

"I've got more important things to do,......."

Yes, I'm sure you have - like listening to the radio? 🙂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm not saying the radio station is correct. 

Where did I say that?

. Mr Mario from Italy, makes sense to me. 

Why are you people being irritating and annoying?

Go away and study all those Facebook profiles. 

Geeze some people have too much time. 

"Anyway, the radio station said Italian." By the use of the word "anyway" obviously you're implying that you believe the radio.

"It's what I heard....." on the radio?

"Geeze some people have too much time."    "Pot - Kettle"? 

Anyway, all this is becoming rather "confusing" - "Italian", "Belgian" - who are we to believe?

Enough for me - the guy's a prat anyway!   

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ryandb said:

Removed to where exactly? 

Realistically...  terminated...

But, I can see you are not realistic with your 'stay tall and back away slowly' comment - which doesn't work for children or against packs...   

So now you will comment that the 'terminated' option is an abhorrent solution, I'd agree... 

IMO - what is also abhorrent, is all these 'dog lovers' who make the problem worse and are unable to see that future generations, 100's of thousands of animals will suffer because the issue is not dealt with effectively now...   

Had this issue been dealt with 10 or 20 years ago, the mangey dogs you see pawing through rubbish bins for scraps will not have existed - no suffering. 

This is one of those issues where there is no 'right solution'... there is just the 'least worst' solution for the long term.... and that least worst solution is a horrible one - but it stops the stray dog issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

I'm not concerned about him,  I'm concerned that it has become normal for Thais to be taking a "check their visa and deport them mentality"

I also don't believe in online vilification. These are community issues and should not be fueled by internet ire.

43 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

What strange comment. 

That's a compliment, coming from the strangest person here. 

Have you seen all the confused and sad emoji's you got for your strange comment I replied to? Look below. 😂

You need to look in the mirror mate, something strange going on. 

IMG_20240629_175650.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

I'm not concerned about him,  I'm concerned that it has become normal for Thais to be taking a "check their visa and deport them mentality"

I also don't believe in online vilification. These are community issues and should not be fueled by internet ire.

If one does not have (visa, criminal, etc.) issues then they have nothing to worry about; if they do have issues, why shouldn't they be penalized swiftly. And if justice is meted out via internet ire, sobeit. I've yet to hear about anyone being run out on a rail undeservedly.

13 hours ago, sambum said:

You obviously haven't been bitten by an out of control dog!

If it's had a blast of spray in its face, it's not an attempt to blind it - it's a "come near me, or anyone again growling and snarling, you'll get another dose of this"

Another point to bear in mind is that dogs can smell fear and if you are backing off in fear, it is just as likely to "have a go" as it is to go away. 

Barking is not attacking, it sounds like you react like a scared little girl

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Realistically...  terminated...

But, I can see you are not realistic with your 'stay tall and back away slowly' comment - which doesn't work for children or against packs...   

So now you will comment that the 'terminated' option is an abhorrent solution, I'd agree... 

IMO - what is also abhorrent, is all these 'dog lovers' who make the problem worse and are unable to see that future generations, 100's of thousands of animals will suffer because the issue is not dealt with effectively now...   

Had this issue been dealt with 10 or 20 years ago, the mangey dogs you see pawing through rubbish bins for scraps will not have existed - no suffering. 

This is one of those issues where there is no 'right solution'... there is just the 'least worst' solution for the long term.... and that least worst solution is a horrible one - but it stops the stray dog issue.

I was literally responding to a grown man even referencing that fact, not a child, also it does work with packs you make sure you retain eye contact with the Alpha, again if you act like a little bitch then they know. 

Which "dog lovers" are you referring to exactly? 

Your solution would mean murdering all dogs, owned and strays for it to be a solution as we know owned unsteralised dogs are out there making pups because they are allowed to roam. 

I agree there is no good solution, sterilisation is best but unfortunately, you can not do that with the Thai-owned dogs and most don't bother so the cycle continues, so you'd be murdering them forever, I'd suggest education is the best way forward to limit the future issue.

• Confused 1