60 day visa exemption for select countries

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

I have it on good authority that this will begin on July 15

Well I did read the same on here a week or so back, hopefully your "good authority" is gooder than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

I have it on good authority that this will begin on July 15. Let's see if they finally got their act together. 

We had it on good authority (from the UK .gov) that it changed to 60 days previously, and then it changed back again. 

So  now have a tourist for August, will check again for Xmas to see if it happens.

Now waiting on their Visa re-organisation and streamlining mentioned for September-ish.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

I have it on good authority that this will begin on July 15.

Does "good authority" know when "begin on July 15" will be "officially announced"? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 6:02 PM, Tod Daniels said:

If I recall, the entire English speaking news media for Thailand "had it on good authority"  that the program would start June 1st.

We saw how well that worked out

Hmmm guess what ?

IMG_9960.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

like how they call it a "scheme" as it usually ends up that way one way or the other....

Correct, as the '60 days' scheme is announced as "temporary", and 'visas tailored for digital nomads' (e.g. Destination Thailand Visa) having application conditions that are as clear as mud...

8 minutes ago, wmlc said:

The DTV will be delayed still as immigration are still hammering out the details.

Seriously.

Immigration don't hammer out anything.

You are posting nonsense based on various web sites such as news releases and eg Siam Legal. 

From your OP

"I have it on good authority that this will begin on July 15."

Now "hammering out details" 

• Thanks 1