The President Can Now Assassinate You, Officially

Social Media

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO one of the predominant fears of the founding fathers that they sought to prevent was a POTUS having the powers of a king, or a government becoming too powerful.

Quite. So this doesn't fit. In the U.K. we've saught continuously to limit the powers of the King and the PM. This is going the other way. 

Even when Tony Blair decided in his wisdom to invade Iraq he had to go through Parliament. The U.S. is now leaning towards the Putin model.

4 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I was in a war for 2 years.   It's amazing how much you can miss with machine gun fire.  

The information on how many bullets it takes in a war to kill one enemy soldier is out there somewhere if anyone wants to look for it, but it's a surprising large number.

I once attended a course where a live Claymore ( explosive device with many ball bearings ) was detonated but failed to significantly damage the target it was aimed at.

If war was like in the movies the casualty rate would be far higher.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had you not used nonsense about Trump being a fascist ( you can't point to anything to prove that or it would have been all over this thread ) I might have taken you for a serious poster with something to contribute.

:whistling:

Thanks for agreeing with me about the 'corrupt' and 'coup plotter' part.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had the IMO biased legal officials not tried to bring charges that were dubious, to be polite, there would be no tying up the courts and the citizenry of the nation. If wanting to inject politics into the justice system best to have convincing crimes to prosecute.

As for ( IMO ) nonsense about a move by an autocratic ruler to involve the USA directly in being attacked to unify the splintered nation, the only POTUS candidate that fits is Biden. Trump's actual record as POTUS involved no military adventures. In case you hadn't noticed, Biden is enabling the war in Ukraine, and unconditionally supporting a nation looking to change a local conflict into a regional war. Conversely, Trump moved to stop the war in Afghanistan.

Brilliantly composed 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

And there is the  reality of it !

Vassal states are  non issue.

Non compliant territories fair game.

Sick chickens soon to come back to roost ?

. Whether rightly or not, the US governement has traditionally had more latitude to act against enemies abroad that it considers to be dangerous threats even if they are US citizens. Domestically, it's another matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

. Whether rightly or not, the US governement has traditionally had more latitude to act against enemies abroad that it considers to be dangerous threats even if they are US citizens. Domestically, it's another matter. 

Perhaps you  describe it's  weakness and eventual downfall?

Are the fighters in the Ring aware of the corruption of their handlers ?

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The information on how many bullets it takes in a war to kill one enemy soldier is out there somewhere if anyone wants to look for it, but it's a surprising large number.

I once attended a course where a live Claymore ( explosive device with many ball bearings ) was detonated but failed to significantly damage the target it was aimed at.

If war was like in the movies the casualty rate would be far higher.

I am currently reading a book about becoming a better handgun shooter.   One of the authors, an ex Vietnam Special Forces guy, made the claim that during the Korean war, about 10,000 rounds were expended for every enemy killed!
I think that in Vietnam, it was over 20,000, but that may be wrong.  
In the movies, you can shoot a handgun at targets 300 yards away and hit it!  I recently went through a handgun course with several other people.   At 3 yards, the instructor shot a 1 -1 1/2 inch group with all the rounds he expended.  My group was more like, 6 inches!   A couple of other guys did worse, while others did better than I did.