Engineer arrested for online firearms and explosives trade

snoop1130

npr.brightspotcdn.jpg

Police have arrested a young engineer for making and selling guns online. They also discovered a large amount of weapons and explosives at his home. The person, known as Prasit, had been running this operation for two years.

The police caught him at a well-known delivery company in Banphot Phisai district, Nakhon Sawan province. He has been charged with illegal possession of explosives, unlicensed ammunition, and unauthorised guns.

After they arrested Prasit, the police searched his rented house in Tha Ngio suburb. They found a lot of weapons there.

The police took many items from his house. They found metal shapes used to make guns, gun barrels, 131 bullets of various types, a drill press, equipment for cutting metal, and a half-pound stick of C4 explosive. They also found a standard M5 detonator and two booster charges.

The police are investigating reports of an illegal gun-making operation in Banphot Phisai district. Their investigation shows that Prasit had been using his rented house to make guns. They made a plan to buy guns from him. This led to his arrest and to a search of his house.

Prasit told the police during questioning that he has a degree in mechanical engineering. This gave him the skills to make and put together guns. He first repaired guns for local farmers before starting his business.

“I began by fixing guns for farmers," he said. "Then I started making small .38 caliber revolvers that could shoot four bullets. I sold them online for 3,000 to 4,000 baht each. I have been doing this for over two years.”

He also said that most of his customers sent him their guns to repair, not to buy new ones. Prasit said he bought the C4 explosive from someone in Sa Kaeo province. He was planning to resell it to Karen and Burmese groups to make money.

The police don't fully believe him yet and will continue investigating to find out more. The discovery of so many weapons and explosives concerns them about the possible reach and impact of Prasit's operations.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

6 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prasit told the police during questioning that he has a degree in mechanical engineering. This gave him the skills to make and put together guns. He first repaired guns for local farmers before starting his business.

He is obviously an educated person, what a shame he has chosen to waste his talents