Which places (co-working places) do you guys go to work?

Rachel2023

36 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Starbuck's

+1  Starbuck's, Amazon Coffee, or any one of a zillion lesser known coffee shops in every town, most or all of them offering free wifi.

I'd be reluctant to rock up to anyplace that holds itself out specifically as a "co-working space" unless I had a WP.  Though I can't recall anyone ever getting caught out for doing online work without a WP (*), I'd hate to be the first one to get pointed at under some new crackdown.

Edit: (*) I mean legal online work.  I have heard of people busted for online scams.

Edited by impulse
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Rachel2023 said:

I don't want to work from home and am looking for good co-working spaces in Thailand. Where do you usually go? Any recommendations for places with a good environment and reliable internet?

True Digital Park at between Punnawithi BTS and UdomSuk BTS is a good place.  The new building has lots of places to sit and it's free.  

The upper floor at Central Embassy has a large library type area, and I sometimes go there to work in a coffee place.  

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, Rachel2023 said:

I don't want to work from home and am looking for good co-working spaces in Thailand. Where do you usually go? Any recommendations for places with a good environment and reliable internet?

If you're in Bangkok, this is a good cafe starter list.
https://nomadflag.com/best-cafe-bangkok/

There are also more formal coworking spaces.
https://www.xyzlab.com/post/coworking-spaces-bangkok

Good luck finding something :smile:

On 7/3/2024 at 10:51 AM, marin said:

Why dont you want to work from home? Sure does seem easier and cheaper?

Everybody has their own situation and reasons.

An old farang colleague to work at home in Bangkok (could have been anywhere).

It wasn't successful because at home 4 young kids all wanting / demanding daddy's attention numerous times every day plus wife asking for 'just need you to watch the baby for 10 minutes', etc.

Daddy quickly realized why his wife was so exhausted, he did some research and hired a professional nanny / helper, and daddy went back to the office to work.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1