Thailand's COVID-19 Surge Expected to Peak in July

28 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thankfully very, very, very few people die from covid everyday here in Thailand. Less than one everyday so far this year. 

Yeah, Asian countries generally do better than Western countries in terms of covid deaths. I wonder why.

4 minutes ago, zakalwe said:

Yeah, Asian countries generally do better than Western countries in terms of covid deaths. I wonder why.

Maybe it's the way that covid deaths are reported/determined.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Maybe it's the way that covid deaths are reported/determined.

I found this report that uses data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention so reporting of covid deaths should be consistent. Mortality rates dropped over summer for all racial and ethnic groups; white Americans have highest rates in most months of 2023. 

https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race

I'm thinking it is a cultural difference. 

Just curious, are Thais still masking up on BTS?

Edited by zakalwe

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I've had both Delta and Omicron. Not sure how many times I've had Omicron. Once for sure. Had some colds which may have been Omicron or may not have been. Hard to tell as the symptoms as you well know are very similar.

That's what you get for ignoring advice on reducing the chances of catching covid, the same as others did who are now in a box......🥴

You come on here telling folk not to do this or that, yet you, have caught it many times following your own advice..............🤣

You can't make this sh_t up...........😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, transam said:

That's what you get for ignoring advice on reducing the chances of catching covid, the same as others did who are now in a box......🥴

You come on here telling folk not to do this or that, yet you, have caught it many times following your own advice..............🤣

You can't make this sh_t up...........😆

How do you explain covid spreading like wildfire in China when the zero covid lockdown was lifted and from what I saw at the time mask wearing seemed like it was at 100%. The virus is very, very small i.e. aerosolized and will spread. Apart from this it's a virus that everyone will be exposed to. Jabs, masks doesn't matter. It's related to part of the common cold family of viruses and will be around for decades to come.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Obesity, diabetes with complications, and anxiety and fear-related disorders had the strongest association with death.

I guess you could put people's obsession with COVID in that bracket.

23 hours ago, dinsdale said:

How do you explain covid spreading like wildfire in China when the zero covid lockdown was lifted and from what I saw at the time mask wearing seemed like it was at 100%. The virus is very, very small i.e. aerosolized and will spread. Apart from this it's a virus that everyone will be exposed to. Jabs, masks doesn't matter. It's related to part of the common cold family of viruses and will be around for decades to come.

Same ol', same ol', stop worrying...........🙄

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Same ol', same ol', stop worrying...........🙄

Thing is when you can't answer a question an support it rationally this is always your retort. If you've got nothing to say don't say anything.

• Sad 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

Thing is when you can't answer a question an support it rationally this is always your retort. If you've got nothing to say don't say anything.

I have said it, I have read your BS on covid over a few years, you are that stupid you have caught it many times because the advice that has been out there, you have trashed.

That, is incredibly funny.................🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, transam said:

I have said it, I have read your BS on covid over a few years, you are that stupid you have caught it many times because the advice that has been out there, you have trashed.

That, is incredibly funny.................🤣

There's a very close to 100% if not 100% chance you too have been exposed to Covid. It's a virus that can be asymptomatic. You do not know you have the virus in your system. A very clever piece of evolution which we are witnessing in real time. Of course our immune system attacks the virus and kills it. Well most it. The bits that have evaded our immune system then reproduce and jump to other hosts and after some time a new variant has evolved and the process continues. If you think wearing a mask, washing your hands and being jabbed for the rest of your life means you will never be exposed to the aerosolized viral particles of SarsCov2 now in the Omicron era, then I'm not sure I'm the stupid one.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

There's a very close to 100% if not 100% chance you too have been exposed to Covid. It's a virus that can be asymptomatic. You do not know you have the virus in your system. A very clever piece of evolution which we are witnessing in real time. Of course our immune system attacks the virus and kills it. Well most it. The bits that have evaded our immune system then reproduce and jump to other hosts and after some time a new variant has evolved and the process continues. If you think wearing a mask, washing your hands and being jabbed for the rest of your life means you will never be exposed to the aerosolized viral particles of SarsCov2 now in the Omicron era, then I'm not sure I'm the stupid one.

Go away, muti-time covid catcher..................🙄

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 8:04 AM, Tarteso said:

It seems that on this occasion they are not talking about more vaccines.

There is a good reason for that. Many qualified professionals and healthcare workers are calling for the ... mRNA vaccines to be banned until the proper research has been carried out. These vaccines were given an emergency licence during the Covid pandemic but now the risk level has dropped dramatically they should be subject to the same stringent testing that all other vaccines are subject to. 

Home Page - The Hope Accord

Edited by stats
misinfo claim removed
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2024 at 8:09 AM, transam said:

Go away, muti-time covid catcher..................🙄

I have had multiple vaccinations  but have had confirmed Covid  twice.

Where , how, and  why do you believe  you have justification in demeaning the opinion of another based on your own ?

13 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Where , how, and  why do you believe  you have justification in demeaning the opinion of another based on your own ?

Good morning Offy, you didn't know the vax doesn't stop you catching it, well, well, well, I am really surprised.......:huh:

15 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Same here, and never sick. Confirmed by a PCR test that isn't very accurate or even testing for a specific virus. Same with the ATK kits.

• 2 weeks later...

A post with a misleadingly presented graphic (which excerpted only a misinformation claim out-of-context) has been removed.

The correct content from the cited source is the following:

Screenshot_4.jpg.03fc4559a94bcdbfb027737f08135560.jpg

A Covid-19 vaccine “Q&A” sheet has been circulating on social media. It presents a checklist of claims about the vaccine, alongside ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answers. Some of the claims are inaccurate and suggest the mRNA vaccines may be dangerous.

The Covid-19 vaccines have been tested to the same high standards as any vaccine would be. While side effects are common, these are overwhelmingly minor and pass within a few days.  

https://fullfact.org/health/Covid-QA-graphic/

• Haha 1