Zelensky Challenges Trump on War Plans, Decries Weapons Delays

14 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

But , even if a peace deal is concluded , and Trump wins the elections and pulls the US out of Nato , Putin might " jump on this occasion "  and annex more parts of Ukraine or neighboring countries , as the remaining NATO members are not able to defend themselves against Russia without the help of the US .

LOL.

Please point out where Trump has said he will pull the US out of NATO, LOL.

As for the remaining countries in NATO "not able to defend themselves against Russia without the help of the US ." LOL.

At least 2 countries have nukes and ballistic missile subs. MAD will not die without the US, and frankly, I have no idea why you are even posting that Trump would pull the US out of NATO.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Please don't misunderstand or deliberately misinterpret what I said. It was NOT the Ukrainian people's fault - it was the good 'Ole USA's fault. I think the outcome will be:

Ukraine is neutral, with no NATO but some sort of security deal; Russia keeps Crimea, and Donbas becomes a 'special territory' with some autonomy, OR Russia keeps it. Instead of just trolling, what do YOU think the outcome will be?

Don't hold your breath waiting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Agree.  There's little doubt in my mind Trump will dump Ukraine/support Russia, and I have little faith in Europeans' ability to commit to anything hard-power related.

There's little doubt in my mind Trump will dump Ukraine

I have little faith in Europeans' ability to commit to anything hard-power related.

On the above I agree, but Trump ending Ukraine war is a good thing IMO. It's a war that should never have happened.

Who on here would like to be a man of conscriptable age in Ukraine right now?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if Biden won, the west is running out of money to spend on bullets for Ukraine when their own economies are devastated, and the citizens get restless. Starmer has made expensive promises,

Ahhh we are using less than 5% of our defense budget to give Ukraine the means to stop your putin + most of the money stays here employing folks and when are you volunteering to go fight for the Russian federation?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if Biden won, the west is running out of money to spend on bullets for Ukraine when their own economies are devastated, and the citizens get restless. Starmer has made expensive promises,

the french might take to the streets but the British wont, they will just moan about it but do nothing..unfortunately

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

do you have a quote of Putin saying he wants to restore the soviet Union? 

if Putin wanted to take Ukraine why has he only concentrated in those certain areas?

'Any temporary peace will simply be used by Russia to rebuild their war machine'...you mean like those signing the minsk only to allow Ukraine to re-arm? as said recently stated by Merkle

Did you forget his Peter the Great talk where he compares himself to Peter in a territorial push?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's little doubt in my mind Trump will dump Ukraine

I have little faith in Europeans' ability to commit to anything hard-power related.

On the above I agree, but Trump ending Ukraine war is a good thing IMO. It's a war that should never have happened.

Who on here would like to be a man of conscriptable age in Ukraine right now?

Or worse still, who on here would like to be a man of conscriptable age in Russia right now?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

do you have a quote of Putin saying he wants to restore the soviet Union? 

if Putin wanted to take Ukraine why has he only concentrated in those certain areas?

'Any temporary peace will simply be used by Russia to rebuild their war machine'...you mean like those signing the minsk only to allow Ukraine to re-arm? as said recently stated by Merkle

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26769481

IIRC you were saying eastern Ukraine is radioactive and bullet-riddled.

In terms of  arable land, it's the jewel in the crown. It has fed Russia and the world for centuries.

Putin is concentrated in those areas because the Russian war machine has to. The combination of military corruption, terrible logistics and lousy morale of undertrained and underequipped troops has seen to that. There is a serious disconnect between what is actually happening at the front, and the information Putin receives. All autocrats only get told what they want to hear.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26769481

IIRC you were saying eastern Ukraine is radioactive and bullet-riddled.

In terms of  arable land, it's the jewel in the crown. It has fed Russia and the world for centuries.

Putin is concentrated in those areas because the Russian war machine has to. The combination of military corruption, terrible logistics and lousy morale of undertrained and underequipped troops has seen to that. There is a serious disconnect between what is actually happening at the front, and the information Putin receives. All autocrats only get told what they want to hear.

but you're got your ear to the ground and are getting better info reading online articles than Putin himself.... ok then!

is Putin quoted directly saying he want's to restore the Soviet Union?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

so thats a 'NO' then

Deflection.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you forget his Peter the Great talk where he compares himself to Peter in a territorial push?

Obviously not.

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Firstly the USA doesent use human wave tactics if it did happen im sure we would just destroy putins war machine sink his navy and indirect all of his supply’s.i have a question for you are you ok with putin withdrawing from all of Ukraine?do you think putin is waging an aggressive war of conquest against his neighbor?do you think putin is a criminal despot?

Modern military doctrine of combined arms dictates the first tactic is to establish complete air supremacy. America did it in Iraq.

The second factor is logistics. The US is expert in the field, the Berlin Airlift came as a huge shock to Russia. They still have not learned the lesson logistics are vital to any military operation. The column marching on Kiev ran out of fuel first, then food.

Russian military aircraft outnumber Ukraine's airforce by about 20 to 1. They are unable to achieve air supremacy due to inadequate pilot training, and Stinger/Javelin missiles. Their navy has been forced to leave Sevastapol, by a nation with no warships.

In any war between NATO or American forces, the Russian military would be obliterated. They would only have nukes left.

• Haha 1