Finding a decent toolbox in Thailand?

JTXR

I've been looking for a decent simple metal toolbox with no luck.  (Ideally a hip-roof style with metal removable tray.)   Homepro has only cheap flimsy plastic things and other places I've looked have nothing better.  Any ideas?

ThaiWatsadu has a decent assortment of metal toolboxes. Many are decent quality, though not the same as Western level of quality & functionality. 

I would recommend shopping in person if possible. 

Cheers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Wanderer555 said:

ThaiWatsadu has a decent assortment of metal toolboxes. Many are decent quality, though not the same as Western level of quality & functionality. 

I would recommend shopping in person if possible. 

Cheers. 

Agree.  Came here to say this. 

You can find them on Lazada/etc. But I've looked at many customer's pictures and many boxes don't look good (crooked, rusty, etc).

Drive along your soi and stop at the various hardware stores. You'll find a store that sell them. I just bought one a few weeks ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 3:19 AM, JTXR said:

I've been looking for a decent simple metal toolbox with no luck.  (Ideally a hip-roof style with metal removable tray.)   Homepro has only cheap flimsy plastic things and other places I've looked have nothing better.  Any ideas?

There are NO safe, securely built tool boxes in Thailand. That's why there's so many 'tools' running around loose.  :wai:

• Confused 1