Sunak Is Out!

RSD1

He tried and was in office for almost 2 years.  Maybe he can go back to California and get a job in a hedge fund.  He did very well in finance and once even worked for GS(Goldman Sachs).  On the otherhand he is only 44 and his time could come again. 

• Like 1

Back to Jalalabad, PK?

They serve pretty tasty noodle-like meals that you have to eat with your hands. I forgot the name, but it is sooooo tasty!

What's wrong with UK's PMs of last 2 decades? like a freak show

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Back to Jalalabad, PK?

They serve pretty tasty noodle-like meals that you have to eat with your hands. I forgot the name, but it is sooooo tasty!

What's wrong with UK's PMs of last 2 decades? like a freak show

Why Pakistan?

My opinion is that the Tories were not so far apart politically from Labour, so the election was really about personalities, tribalism, and people just being tired of the Conservatives.

• Agree 2

His replacement is already being painted as a war monger ready to go to war with Russia.  That’s a scary thought. It might just happen, if he is indeed that clueless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jas007 said:

If it’s true, the UK will be headed down the same path to war.  And if that happens, you can probably kiss the city of London goodbye.  If the UK attacks Russia, Russia is not going to wait around to assess the damage to its nuclear arsenal.  In their mind, it’s a use it or lose it proposition. The have nukes, and they’ll use them.

Given that NATO and Russia are both nuclear powers, the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction - which has the appropriate acronym MAD - would probably ensure that in the event of Russia launching a first strike nuclear attack Moscow, St. Petersburg and various other Russian cities will be razed to the ground.

There is a simple solution: Putin withdraws Russian troops from Ukraine and respects Ukraine's international borders. Unfortunately, that outcome is about as likely as me winning the €50m Euro millions jackpot.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I don't agree with the tone of many comments here but 'Generalised Fury Disorder' has dominated the discussion so far, (fed amply by the habit of easy abuse that has developed on social media).

My own opinion of Rishi Sunak - at the time he was Chancellor I thought him somewhat profligate but as PM, IMO, he has done a steady job, made much more difficult by Tory squabbling. The Rwanda saga was certainly a dead duck from the start, but otherwise Sunak has been a steady hand with Jeremy Hunt as an admirable Chancellor and he has clearly worked very hard for us Brits - a thankless task at the best of times.

Sunak took over an impossible mix of deeply ingrained problems and after the carnage of Johnson and Truss, he deserves some credit for 'steadying' the ship at least.

The only upside of the emergence of the 'Reform Party' is that one day, maybe with the Lib Dems, they can implement Proportional Representation. PR has to come one day - it's crazy that Labour have a massive majority with little over a third of the vote.

As for the underlying realities, none of the UK Parties seem to have a plan to get Govt. spending under control - overspending as we have in recent decades doesn't seem to have led to good results - the whole shebang is on a cliff edge. And what do we have to show for it ?

Interesting times.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Supporting Ukraine's freedom and right to exist as an independent country is NOT the same thing as attacking Russia. Even if Putin tries to claim that it is.

Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that, like it or not, Russia’s perception matters.  For example, Russia has annexed Crimea and other territories.  It considers those to now be part of Russia, absolutely.  Any attempt to reclaim that land will be considered an attack on Russia, even though others might see the action as supporting Ukraine’s freedom and right to exist as an independent country. In other words, the West’s delusional fantasies are just that. 

The West's 'delusional fantasies' are standing up for the things we say we believe in - self-determination, freedom, democracy.

If you're right about Putin's perceptions, how come he hasn't nuked Ukraine yet? or France? or the UK? or the US?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Supporting Ukraine's freedom and right to exist as an independent country is NOT the same thing as attacking Russia. Even if Putin tries to claim that it is.

Who has been saying that? Not I anyway.

The danger is that when Ukraine is obviously losing NATO joins the fight, which would be a de facto declaration of war against Russia.

11 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

The only upside of the emergence of the 'Reform Party' is that one day, maybe with the Lib Dems, they can implement Proportional Representation. PR has to come one day - it's crazy that Labour have a massive majority with little over a third of the vote.

Better that than the NZ experience of PR which has allowed the loonies to run the country for far too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

My opinion is that the Tories were not so far apart politically from Labour, so the election was really about personalities, tribalism, and people just being tired of the Conservatives.

I think most of the voting was anti tory government voting, labour, reform and LD

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Now all you hypochondriac hypocrites will be complaining in the future about your Labour Government import of immigration ..

Isn't that the Labour policy of immigration?

I mean  stop complaining about immigration please !!

What's that Australian saying " ....Whinging Poms !!

The best one I saw was a bumper sticker in Sydney 

Grow A dope....plant a pom 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

Got to admit I did feel a little sorry for him..........he carried the can for the Johnson and Truss debacles......but then again, he is still a Tory at heart,,,,,so good riddance.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 8:17 PM, RSD1 said:

So nice to see that plonker being shown the door. He was never voted in any way. 

RSD1 ,..

.you my boy  are right get rid of racist Sunak  and I love how you vote for the British Greens ...more immigration I say ,and I'm behind as your bending over forwards ...Vote Greens !

At least the Scottish people are very very smart and voted in Mohammed as their PM ,smart people these Scots 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Got to admit I did feel a little sorry for him..........he carried the can for the Johnson and Truss debacles......but then again, he is still a Tory at heart,,,,,so good riddance.

Absolutely!

You are another intelligent guy...get rid of him bring in  Labour & Greens , 

What's that bumper sticker I saw in Sydney recently...?

Grow a dope...plant a Pom

I immediately went up to the driver of the car ...seemed to be a Irish backpacker...I said mate don't be racist remove that bumper sticker now ... people from England are smart and people from Scotland are even smarter !

I don't like racism !!! 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1