Thai girl in Canada

Thai girl i've been chatting with for a while has gone to Canada. She's been there 6 months already. She stays very vague on what she's doing there, and can't believe she can survive there on the money she made back in Thailand with a regular job (she didn't graduated in Thailand). Upon looking up visas to enter Canada and requirements for Thai people, I saw that basically the only way to stay long-term over there is to have an official sponsor to take care of you or to be married beforehand. 

Any opinions or experience with this? Could a Thai person stay that long in Canada with a regular tourist visa type, or has she been lying to me and she's now living there with her bf? 

9 minutes ago, Aurelien said:

or has she been lying to me and she's now living there with her bf?

or working there in the trade. 

• Agree 1

Just now, RSD1 said:

or working there in the trade. 

doubtful. she had a better option and took it. not easy for thai to get into canada and stay long term. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I don't have a clue what the lady's game is. 

But if she's already in Canada, I think the OP is what we'd call "surplus to her current needs".  And if she's a looker keeper, it'll be easy for her to find another guy.

And if she's not a keeper...  Well, why bother?

Listen to BangkokReady and move on.

Edited by impulse
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

S.E. Asian women are like monkeys. They don't let go of a branch when jumping until they have a firm grip on the next one.

Ask yourself, are you the branch she's attempting to grab or the one she is going to let go of soon?

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

she found a better option. 

In 25 years living in Asia, it's real common to find women stringing a whole herd of foreign guys along, jumping on the first one that offers the opportunity to emigrate.  (Well, they jump on all of them, but you know what I mean...) 

She may not have found a better option, but she did apparently find a sure thing if she's already in Canada.

27 minutes ago, stoner said:

she found a better option. 

Sadly, women will keep stringing a guy along, even when they have a solid guy of their own.  Either as aback-up or someone to make them feel good about themselves.

Look up "beta-orbiter".

25 minutes ago, gargamon said:

S.E. Asian women are like monkeys. They don't let go of a branch when jumping until they have a firm grip on the next one.

Ask yourself, are you the branch she's attempting to grab or the one she is going to let go of soon?

depends....whos holding all the bananas ? 

Well we were chatting before she went up there, and she told me she was trying to go there, but she said her visa had been denied 2 times already... When she finally got it, she left Thailand in the week after. We were getting pretty close, and we keep chatting up to this day via IG or Snap. Problem is, she's the most gorgeous lady i've ever seen. Otherwise I would i've said 'screw that' a long time ago... But yeah no idea why she would keep chatting with me, syaing she misses me and all that, if she's truly with another guy. Granted, she's still very young (22), so there's that

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Aurelien said:

Well we were chatting before she went up there, and she told me she was trying to go there, but she said her visa had been denied 2 times already... When she finally got it, she left Thailand in the week after. We were getting pretty close, and we keep chatting up to this day via IG or Snap. Problem is, she's the most gorgeous lady i've ever seen. Otherwise I would i've said 'screw that' a long time ago... But yeah no idea why she would keep chatting with me, syaing she misses me and all that, if she's truly with another guy. Granted, she's still very young (22), so there's that

I've seen countless situations where Thai girls are dating 3-4 foreigners at once, all thinking they are the only one. It's like the fisherman who keeps 4 hooks with bait in the water at all times to increases their chances of catching the biggest fish. Thai women are almost always looking for the bigger, better deal. Especially a young one who is from humble beginnings. That is why they typically even bother with foreigners to begin with. Otherwise they would likely stick with their own kind and not have to deal with all the language and cultural differences and challenges. Sounds like your best option is to cut bait and chalk it up to experience. Even if she comes back to you at some point, it's quite possible she's not a girl of high integrity. 

Edited by RSD1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

I've seen countless situations where Thai girls are dating 3-4 foreigners at once, all thinking they are the only one. It's like the fisherman who keeps 4 hooks with bait in the water at all times to increases their chances of catching the biggest fish. Thai women are almost always looking for the bigger, better deal. Especially a young one who is from humble beginnings. That is why they typically even bother with foreigners to begin with. Otherwise they would likely stick with their own kind and not have to deal with all the language and cultural differences and challenges. Sounds like your best option is to cut bait and chalk it up to experience. Even if she comes back to you at some point, it's quite possible she's not a girl of high integrity. 

oh definitely, she's a messed up one...got a kid at 17 from a Thai guy, the guy was beating her and then left her, she raised the kid on her own, now she left her in Thailand to be taken care of while she's trying to live the Western lifestyle in Canada... she's screaming red flags all along, I met her once, she was lovely tho and very polite, not the typical 'bad girl' profile..

A post has been removed also the replies to it:

16. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

Posted (edited)

btw... i brought my 1st wife in canada... the paper work was a mountain and my mother had to be a guarantor for my wife. there is no way a 22 year old thai can go travelling in canada without guarantees. i went what you are going through with a thai girl on IRCLE in 2002 but she was in australia...

si ca sent la merde, ca a l'air de la merde ben... c'est de la merde

translation

(if it smells like sh t, looks like sh t, it is sh t)

Edited by Pouatchee

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

said no one ever. 

unless the waitress brings over the bill for the drinks, it's 10,000 Baht and he says "I got it".