Minibus Carrying Tourists Overturns in Surat Thani, Injuring 10 Foreigners

image.jpeg

Surat Thani — minibus carrying many foreign tourists overturned on Saturday morning, injuring 10 foreigners.

The accident occurred at around 6:30 AM on July 6th, 2024 on the Phunphin-Mueang Road in the Tha Lon sub-district, Phunphin district, Surat Thani province.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the minibus overturned on the side of the road. Ten foreign passengers had sustained minor injuries and were taken to Phunphin Hospital for treatment.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Matichon

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-08

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

Whatever the excuses might be, I find it really very confusing. The bus is on the side, on the wrong side of the road and the road seem to be very straight.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I've been drivin' all night, my hands wet on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heel

Official notice from the Poetry Police, take heed.

:biggrin:

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Moron at the wheel!

Usually (but not always) with these minibus accidents, the cause  turns out to  be falling asleep. With no Tachograph control over hours that bus, truck and minibus/van drivers work here, it becomes inevitable.

Over the years, I have read countless reports of accidents where it transpired that the driver had been working for up to 30 hours; the amphetamines can only keep them awake for so long.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Looks like it rolled why navigating a curve. 

Looks like a completely straight road, especially in the direction it was coming from; you can see a pick up parked 100 metres or so away, and the street lights are all aligned indicating a straight road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Whatever the excuses might be, I find it really very confusing. The bus is on the side, on the wrong side of the road and the road seem to be very straight.

This would not be confusing to a Thai. They're used to it. You no unnerstan Thailan sir.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Looks like a completely straight road, especially in the direction it was coming from; you can see a pick up parked 100 metres or so away, and the street lights are all aligned indicating a straight road.

Why would I listen to you when you were not there and like everyone else is just making up stories, he was drunk, he was on his phone, etc.

lost control of the vehicle while navigating a curve.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This would not be confusing to a Thai. They're used to it. You no unnerstan Thailan sir.

Thanks! 😉 

I know, probably never will, as it is far to many complexed layers to wade through. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, roo860 said:

That's 2 photos, front and rear of the minibus, doesn't look like a bend in the road in either photo.

image.jpeg.376138477a9d56a01eeb71fc231d8cdb.jpeg

IMG_7165.jpeg

It would appear that the bus if facing the wrong way, so it did more that just rolling onto its side.

The road the bus came down is shown from this picture, looking back from the scene.

IMG_3674.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, roo860 said:

That's 2 photos, front and rear of the minibus, doesn't look like a bend in the road in either photo.

image.jpeg.376138477a9d56a01eeb71fc231d8cdb.jpeg

IMG_7165.jpeg

Not only a bend but on a downhill section.

i have marked out how this unfortunate accident sadly occurred wupith the red marker.

i hope that clears it up for you and all the speculators.

IMG_2587.jpeg

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Your eyes must be painted on.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Not only a bend but on a downhill section.

i have marked out how this unfortunate accident sadly occurred wupith the red marker.

i hope that clears it up for you and all the speculators.

IMG_2587.jpeg

Great, many thanks. I was unaware that the minibus had done a double somersault over the white van before coming to rest on its side; very helpful diagram, and certainly clears things up for all the speculators   ¯\_()_/¯

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1