Russian man arrested with 300,000 baht in fake euros in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration Police arrested a Russian man who is a member of an international counterfeit money gang

Oh, my God! Too many bad Russians now in Thailand.

By the way, I am a good Russian 😇

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have tidied up the posts, as there was a type error in the original story, which was correctly reported and amended, thanks.

Reference to that type error are now not relevant, so have been removed to save further discussion about it.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Oh, my God! Too many bad Russians now in Thailand.

By the way, I am a good Russian 😇

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

Yes, it ends here with a meme

15 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Open legs ...?

You mean " open arms " ?

But open legs policy sounds good , too ...

Open legs, open arms. Come and get us. We are open for business, and we are not fussy about customers! We are desperados. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, theshu25 said:

Straight to the front for this idiot.

Hm,... let him first enjoy Thai hospitality in a reputed holiday resort like "Bang Kwan" the "Bangkok Hilton" !!

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

To the front? To kill Ukrainians? 👎👎👎👎💩

You give them too much credit. The soldiers fighting for Russia in the front are just cannon fodder being sent to the meat grinder.

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

You give them too much credit. The soldiers fighting for Russia in the front are just cannon fodder being sent to the meat grinder.

Ah, now I know...Ukraine is winning the war, isn't it?😳

Trying to pass off forged currency, often in huge amounts, is a theft of the highest order. All thefts reverberate to the general public, who have to incur the costs of such. A long prison sentence is wholly deserved.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Tom cooperated with the police and warned the public to be cautious of foreigners' behavior.

It's true.  Thai people never scam anyone, while foreigners are constantly trying it.  This attitude will continue to serve the Thai people well during these trying economic times.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

AH! My morning coffee and the "Russian Crime Report" . What a way to start my day. . Do you know why so many Russian come to Thailand? BECAUSE NO OTHER COUNTRY WANTS THEM....DUH!  The power brokers in Bangkok are so money hungry that they don't care what befalls the citizens of Thailand....The Bangkok Big Wigs don't even care if the money is real.

What a joke! 

More than that, they get all the "foreigners are bad" news stories they want as well.  It's a real double whammy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tarteso said:

There is the finger point, the definitive test.

Not seen one of those finger pointing pics for a while. Good to see they are still a part of Thai Police procedure. 😀

9 hours ago, freeworld said:

Likewise, they should also kick out all the other nationalities causing trouble, coming here and working illegally, driving drunk killing people and doing whatever they want, they are also not worth the trouble.

Why?  They aren't doing that to anywhere near the same level.  They are very much still worth the little trouble they cause.

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Such people should be punished severely just to deter others from trying to do the same, couple of those

getting long prison sentences will make others think 10 times of doing it in Thailand...

Blah Blah. A crime is crime and each has its recommended punishment. Arbitrary increasing the sentence for one person is ridiculous 

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:
13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai person into exchanging 50 euros for 20,000 baht.

Soon be out of business doing that!!!

"...tricked a Thai person into exchanging 500 euros for 20,000 baht". 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Strange that he got 20 thousand bath for the 500 Euro, after all, the exchange rate is considerably lower and should be no more than 19,600 thb.

Not strange, at all. the report says that he got "around B20,00".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2