Former red-shirt leader plans protest against new govt initiatives

2 hours ago, Mason45 said:

This 75% Thai ownership has nothing to do with the majority of Thai people where at least 70% of the population live below poverty line. This is all about the hiso's protecting their interests. Take me for example, I own a house in my wifes name, I also own a condo again in my wifes name. My house is on 220 sq meters and my condo is a studio type for our holiday house. I paid cash for both and I've been married for 22 years and I'm not even entitled be a joint owner is case one of use dies before the other.

I wish the UK had the same rules but then we would be called racist, and heaven forbid those elite being called names at Cock tail parties!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Agreed.

Sovereignty of the nation lies solely with Thai citizens. Even when foreigners must pay Thai income taxes, even when married to Thais, foreigners have no political power in Thailand by law. 

They could own literally all the condominiums in Thailand, and they still wouldn't have any power.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Wiggy said:

It sounds to me like you don’t actually own anything. 

Legally you are correct, who pays has nothing to do with it. Thankfully I've been happily married for 22 years. In saying that I know guys who got out of their marriage with nothing only the clothes they were wearing at the time.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 12:38 PM, Mason45 said:

This 75% Thai ownership has nothing to do with the majority of Thai people where at least 70% of the population live below poverty line. This is all about the hiso's protecting their interests. Take me for example, I own a house in my wifes name, I also own a condo again in my wifes name. My house is on 220 sq meters and my condo is a studio type for our holiday house. I paid cash for both and I've been married for 22 years and I'm not even entitled be a joint owner is case one of use dies before the other.

You should be grateful youre allowed to speak here.....well so far!!    :stoner:

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Agree 1