Investigation begins after body discovered in Suvarnabhumi canal

snoop1130

shrikant_IrrigationCanal.jpg

Police are looking into the case of a man's body that was found floating in a water canal in the Bang Phli area, near Suvarnabhumi. The body was found near a parked pickup truck which had a child car seat in it. Eyewitnesses reportedly saw the man sitting on a nearby bridge the previous night.

The incident was reported to the police yesterday, July 8, at 3 pm. Kittiphon Poldech, a police inspector from the Bang Phli Police Station in Samut Prakan Province, together with a forensic team from Ramathibodi Chakri Naruebodindra Hospital, quickly responded to the incident. Other officials who went to the scene included Deputy Investigating Inspector Thannithi Assavaraksaree and a rescue team from the Ruamkatanyu Foundation.

A white Isuzu pickup truck with Bangkok number plates was found parked close by. There were personal effects and a child car seat inside the truck. The body of a man was discovered floating face-down in the canal.

The body was retrieved for examination. The dead man was said to be tall and robust with a dark red complexion, short hair, and no shirt. He was wearing black sports shorts. The man was later identified as Hansak, 47 years old.

An eyewitness claimed that they saw a man sitting on the bridge around midnight, his legs hanging off the side. The person saw only the man, not the vehicle, and did not think anything strange until the body was found in the water. At that point, they realized it was the same man they had seen and called the police.

The police are presently trying to find the dead man's kin. They suspect the man entered the water voluntarily. The body has now been taken for an autopsy as per legal requirements.

"I saw him sitting on the bridge at midnight. I didn't see the car and didn't think anything bad would happen. I only realized it was him when the body was found," the eyewitness said.

The police are collecting more evidence and questioning other witnesses to figure out the circumstances leading up to the man's apparent drowning. They're also checking the area's CCTV footage to see whether anyone else was involved or if there are any extra details to aid in the investigation, according to KhaoSod.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-09

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"I saw him sitting on the bridge at midnight. I didn't see the car and didn't think anything bad would happen. I only realized it was him when the body was found,"

May be he was the owner of a cannabis shop ... took a loan to open it , but realized that he won't ever be able to pay back that loan because of the imminent change in the law ... ?

But , may be it was not that what made him take his own life ... RIP .