documents for changing visa exempt to Non - immig O at CW

Hi 

would somebody kindly tell me what documents are needed from CW immigration for changing a Visa exempt  to 

non -Immig O  ? 

can i receive the non -immigrant O visa the same day of the application  ?

is a rental agreement needed ? how many months ?

Thank you 

9 hours ago, docinbangkok said:

would somebody kindly tell me what documents are needed from CW immigration for changing a Visa exempt  to 

non -Immig O  ? 

I think your best bet is to slog on out to the immigration office and get the current hand out from section C-1 <- the section that issues Non-Imm visas at that office

can i receive the non -immigrant O visa the same day of the application  ?

Nope you cannot, you need a minimum of 15 days left on your current stamp, you apply, you pay the 2k baht, you get a receipt that tells you to come back in 14 days and when you return to that section on that date they will put the Non-O visa into your passport, stamp it used, and give you a new 90 day stamp 

is a rental agreement needed ? how many months ?

rental agreement, TM30, land lord thai i/d, house book copy and last I'd heard out there they wanted a minimum 6 month lease. <- they might do it with 3 but unlikely, because they want to know you'll be here for the whole process (getting the Non-O and then getting the retirement extension)

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Nope you cannot, you need a minimum of 15 days left on your current stamp, you apply, you pay the 2k baht, you get a receipt that tells you to come back in 14 days and when you return to that section on that date they will put the Non-O visa into your passport, stamp it used, and give you a new 90 day stamp 

CW does house visit in this period apparently for retirement extension.

29 minutes ago, mokwit said:

CW does house visit in this period apparently for retirement extension.

They do it for the initial non-O for retirement now out there

I don't believe they do it for the year extension based on retirement (because they know you just had one done when you got the in country Non-O)

5 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

They do it for the initial non-O for retirement now out there

I don't believe they do it for the year extension based on retirement (because they know you just had one done when you got the in country Non-O)

Yes, poor terminology by me. It is indeed the initial Non O and done during a two week under consideration period. Unfortunately too late to go back and correct.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1

thanks for all the replies

I noticed that on the list of required documents for the initial application for Non immigrant O visa ,  is 3months of rental receipts( along with the rental contract)

if i am just starting a rental contract the week before applying for this visa how can i provide the 3 months rental receipts ?