Extra Forms From Immigrations When You Get Extensions

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Someone has made relatively clean PDF versions of "the four docs" before

Thanx for that (y)

I only posted JPG'z I'd ripped off the PDF's as examples not for people to download and use them
and
I finally found the last one without the pages skewed 😛

They hand them to you in the document check area at Chaengwattana and you can fill them out while you're waiting for your queue to come up 

I mostly did this post to show that almost ALL offices have forms specific to that office to dispute the info on the other post 😉 

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

i would feel embarrassed using these low-quality thai immigration forms; their design and readability are

at a kindergarten level. also, why are they in both thai and english, when only foreigners have to fill them out?

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i would feel embarrassed using these low-quality thai immigration forms; their design and readability are

at a kindergarten level. also, why are they in both thai and english, when only foreigners have to fill them out?

you did notice that I said this right
I only posted low rez JPG'z I'd ripped off the PDF's as examples and not for people to download and use them

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

I posted this because I don't believe EVERY office is having people sign these and wanted to show that just because it's being used at one office it's not necessarily a country wide policy (no matter what a you-tuber OR an immigration officer tells you)

I don't see how your post proves that EVERY office isn't having people sign these or that it ISN'T a counry-wide policy. Certainly the Jomtien office does. Could well be true, but who cares? If an office doesn't, it doesn't. If not, that means--you don't have fill them out/sign them.

Each extension applicant will find out wherever he applies. If the first time, and the office requires them, he can download the .pdfs and fill them out in advance.  

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1

I just did my 1 year retirement extensionv2 hours ago and wasn't given any form to take away. I was asked to sign something (as well as every page of paperwork submitted) but I wasn't shown what it was. Maybe it will be given to me when I pick up my PP tomorrow.

I couldn't believe all the pages from PP and bankbook that I had to submit, there must have been 20 pages all up. The immigration officer wanted to see my old bankbook with the 800K from 10 years ago, which I no longer have, it's bureacracy gone mad.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, motdaeng said:

Have you ever considered that it might be non-thai people that will handle them? You know, the ones that hopefully grant you another 1 year in Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps because the Immigration staff, have to read them, and they may not be completely fluent in English.

Are you completely fluent in speaking reading and writing in the Tai language?

I am certainly not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I don't turn up with pre filled forms anymore as they always want to give you their one and ask you to fill it in at the table provided.

Forms 1, 2 and 3 have been a requirement for sometime at my office.

Edited by Andycoops

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps because the Immigration staff, have to read them, and they may not be completely fluent in English.

Are you completely fluent in speaking reading and writing in the Tai language?

I am certainly not.

i do agree with you. but immigration staff should know at least basic english!

btw. my spoken thai is just fine, my reading level was 20 years ago much better ...

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

I don't turn up with pre filled forms anymore as they always want to give you their one and ask you to fill it in at the table provided.

Been years (5?) since Jomtien did that. But if they did, I've got all the OTHER pre-filled forms. I'm not handwriting any than I absolutely must.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

I only posted low rez JPG'z I'd ripped off the PDF's as examples and not for people to download and use them

i was talking about the low-quality (the desing and hard to read) immigration forms and not about your JPG's ... :smile:

i do agree with you. but immigration staff should know at least basic english!

btw. my spoken thai is just fine, my reading level was 20 years ago much better ...

My English is good as it is my native language, but my Thai is poor as I am 80, partly deaf and partly tone deaf especially in the upper audio frequencies. If people talk quietly behind me I find it hard to hear them, but if 2, 3 or 4 people talk at the same time, each trying to talk louder than the other, all I hear is a confusing babble of sound.

My wife can speak conversational English quite well, but fails over technical English, engineering English, medical English etc. I quite often fail over stuff like computer Geek English.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Sad response by the red ant. Suggest we ignore.

11 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

@Liquorice please take note 😉 

Nice try, but no cigar this time.

Just completed my 11th extension application, 3 x retirement, 8 x Thai spouse.

I have all the documents you listed in hard form, jpeg and pdf formats 😜

By the way, the 'Statement' form, which the wife has been required to sign for the previous 4 years, has this year been replaced by a pre completed and printed 'affidavit' form.
Once your documentation has been approved, the back office now have a template on their PC and insert your personal details, then print.

All you have to do is sign. 

9 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Maybe, because you currently can't post pdf's (again).

You also realise you can download, save and print jpeg copies for use 😉

Edited by Liquorice

19 hours ago, motdaeng said:

i was talking about the low-quality (the desing and hard to read) immigration forms and not about your JPG's ... :smile:

it is amazing isn’t it? (Well not really)

On UK governent forms, font is clear, there is ample room for you to write your details in clearly indicated boxes. We have been using a lot of these Thai forms since, idk, the 70s. You would think that after looking at these forms for 40 years one immigration officer would suggest to extend the “city” line to allow “Nakhon Ratchasima” to be written without being over the next section or to make applicants life easier when you complete the passport valid from / until / issued on section, I have to look and think about that every time. 

The layout is so confusing, despite having filled them out for nearly 20 years I sometimes make mistakes. As mentioned these skewed forms have been photocopied so many times it’s beyond recognition. 

• Agree 1