Foreign Mafia Intimidates Locals in Pattaya

webfact

On 9/2/2024 at 3:27 PM, NowNow said:

You just made it up that they are violent.

You're clearly living in an alternate reality. Just two nights ago I saw an Arabic guy being dragged out of a restaurant after starting a fight. Not sure what happened later as I was just passing by but there was definite violence. Just the other day there was a report about a group of them knocking out a guy in front of Marine Plaza. You're delusional if you think it doesn't happen.

No- not all of them are violent. Sure there are some who keep to themselves. But violence around that area is pretty common. That it doesn't always hit the news (though it does in extreme cases) doesn't mean it's not there. I pass through there on a regular basis, so I've seen a few incidents, they're just not serious usually so don't hit the news.

3 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You're clearly living in an alternate reality. Just two nights ago I saw an Arabic guy being dragged out of a restaurant after starting a fight. Not sure what happened later as I was just passing by but there was definite violence. Just the other day there was a report about a group of them knocking out a guy in front of Marine Plaza. You're delusional if you think it doesn't happen.

No- not all of them are violent. Sure there are some who keep to themselves. But violence around that area is pretty common. That it doesn't always hit the news (though it does in extreme cases) doesn't mean it's not there. I pass through there on a regular basis, so I've seen a few incidents, they're just not serious usually so don't hit the news.

Yeah... the report you read was the OP 😊 A single story amid the multiple instances from other nationalities. You are just exaggerating to try to justify your prejudice.

7 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

No- not all of them are violent.

As a KSA friend once told me, 'us Arabs don't do self control very well'. And that was presumably sober.

18 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Last night there was some kind of fight amongst some young Arab guys in Soi 17 near the 'Roger Tailor' shop. About half a dozen guys going at it. One lad sitting on the kerb holding his shoulder - looked like a stab wound.

Oh dear, not again. I thought that had died down. 

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

Sounds like a nice family-friendly place to bring the family, let me get right on booking a stay there.

Soi 17? Used to be full of gays before the middle eastern demographic made their investments. 

You don't have to go around there, but it's certainly not dangerous. Likely teenagers fighting amongst themselves, rather than intimidating locals or other tourists.

10 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Soi 17? Used to be full of gays before the middle eastern demographic made their investments. 

You don't have to go around there, but it's certainly not dangerous. Likely teenagers fighting amongst themselves, rather than intimidating locals or other tourists.

My wife asked me when we first met if I had ever been to Pattaya, if I had answered yes, she would never have dated me. To her and her friends, it is the land of sin, they wouldn't date anyone even remotely connected to that place. Keep in mind, my wife and her friends are all highly educated, I believe most of them hold Ph.D's, they wouldn't be caught dead there.

22 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Last night there was some kind of fight amongst some young Arab guys in Soi 17 near the 'Roger Tailor' shop. About half a dozen guys going at it. One lad sitting on the kerb holding his shoulder - looked like a stab wound.

That's Yensabi area, it's full of Arabs

Soi 17 improves the closer you get to soi Regional Land. 

4 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

My wife asked me when we first met if I had ever been to Pattaya, if I had answered yes, she would never have dated me. To her and her friends, it is the land of sin, they wouldn't date anyone even remotely connected to that place. Keep in mind, my wife and her friends are all highly educated, I believe most of them hold Ph.D's, they wouldn't be caught dead there.

So? 

What does having a PhD have to do with anything? All those Doctors, Dentists and other highly educated people who live and work there are somehow lesser people than your wife and her friends?

No, she just assumed that if you did that you were likely a sex tourist. As for her commenting about a place that they have not ever visited, that's a form of ignorance, isn't it?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That's Yensabi area, it's full of Arabs

Soi 17 improves the closer you get to soi Regional Land. 

You must really hate Bua Khao, with all those foreigners there. How was the steak? What did you choose?

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So? 

What does having a PhD have to do with anything? All those Doctors, Dentists and other highly educated people who live and work there are somehow lesser people than your wife and her friends?

No, she just assumed that if you did that you were likely a sex tourist. As for her commenting about a place that they have not ever visited, that's a form of ignorance, isn't it?

No, she and many others see it as a dump and land of sinners, but yes, some people in a dump also need professionals (doctors/dentists/etc) too.

Edited by lordgrinz

27 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

No, she and many others see it as a dump and land of sinners, but yes, some people in a dump also need professionals (doctors/dentists/etc) too.

Yes, ignorance of the reality due to never having visited. Thank you for confirming.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

My wife asked me when we first met if I had ever been to Pattaya, if I had answered yes, she would never have dated me. To her and her friends, it is the land of sin, they wouldn't date anyone even remotely connected to that place.

What's wrong with a little sin? As long as everything is consensual and everyone is happy - it's all good. Your wife and her boring "educated" friends can stay home - Pattaya does not need them.

• Confused 1