Trump Rally in Butler PA

11 hours ago, Yagoda said:

My questions are more practical, ie, the security measures. How did this guy get in with the gun?

Seems in the past Trump was not very gun security conscious at his peaceful rally picnics.

'Former President Donald Trump urged the Secret Service to remove magnetometers at his rally near the White House on Jan. 6, 2021'.

Ex-White House aide: Trump urged removal of magnetometers at Jan. 6 rally - Washington Times

31 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Seems in the past Trump was not very gun security conscious at his peaceful rally picnics.

'Former President Donald Trump urged the Secret Service to remove magnetometers at his rally near the White House on Jan. 6, 2021'.

Ex-White House aide: Trump urged removal of magnetometers at Jan. 6 rally - Washington Times

Your comment has nothing to do with what actually happened.  The shooter was outside the perimeter (event) with his father's AR-15 on a rooftop with a direct line of sight to the stage 150m away.  The key question is why didn't the Secret service either have that rooftop access blocked (there was a ladder on the side of the building) or agents on that rooftop.  Hopefully we get some answers from Mayorkas and his Secret Service DEI minions on Monday in the US.  They also need to ask him why Trump was denied additional Secret Service protection.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Your comment has nothing to do with what actually happened.  The shooter was outside the perimeter (event) with his father's AR-15 on a rooftop with a direct line of sight to the stage 150m away.  The key question is why didn't the Secret service either have that rooftop access blocked (there was a ladder on the side of the building) or agents on that rooftop.  Hopefully we get some answers from Mayorkas and his Secret Service DEI minions on Monday in the US.  They also need to ask him why Trump was denied additional Secret Service protection.  

How perceptive you are, I agree my comment has nothing to do with what actually happened as are most of the right-wing comments on this topic, including your comment about DEI.

Perhaps Comer needs to investigate why Trump watched TV for hours on Jan 6th virtually denying protection of the Capitol and democracy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

How perceptive you are, I agree my comment has nothing to do with what actually happened as are most of the right-wing comments on this topic, including your comment about DEI.

Perhaps Comer needs to investigate why Trump watched TV for hours on Jan 6th virtually denying protection of the Capitol and democracy.

Nothing to do with what happened yesterday.  One of the new hires, looks untrained and scared.  

DEI.jpg

Edited by Expat4life66

On 7/14/2024 at 10:06 AM, Gecko123 said:

May garner initial sympathy, but also serves as a reminder of what a polarizing and divisive person he is. There was an assassination attempt in Las Vegas during the 2016 campaign. I don't recall any bump in the polls as a result.

Do you have similar thought about when Reagan got shot.....or JFK? 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Nothing to do with what happened yesterday.  One of the new hires, looks untrained and scared.  

DEI.jpg

The 'untrained and scared' female is obviously your evidence of DEI interference.

Edited by LosLobo

3 minutes ago, retarius said:

Do you have similar thought about when Reagan got shot.....or JFK? 

Bloomberg Asia was just talking about that.  Reagan had an initial bump in the polls that waned over time, but he was shot two months after he took office.  JFK on the other hand was, well...

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

It has been reported that a law enforcement climbed up the building where the shooter was.  The shooter pointed the gun at him and he retreated.  The shooter then began firing at Trump.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Good info.  Thx.

The way I read it, the cop got to the top of the ladder, saw the armed guy and had to back off because his hands were on the ladder and not on his gun.  The article made it sound like the shooting started within a few seconds, but that may just be the way I read it.  I'm sure we'll be getting more details as the investigation unfolds.

Would like to see a link to the source that reported this, or I consider it conspiracy theories taken to the next level

11 hours ago, frank83628 said:

<SNIP> the MSM,m leading Democrats are 100% to blame for the hate and division since 2016.

Total rubbish. trump vastly exceeds with his false claims (especially his tens of thousands lies - never retracted), misinformation, calling out migrants as ';poisoning the blood of America", conspiracy stuff  and so on. All broadcast by the likes of Fox and so called right wing pundits such as Alex Jones. Have to wait and see if trump actually tones down his poisonous rhetoric.

Edited by simple1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Would like to see a link to the source that reported this, or I consider it conspiracy theories taken to the next level

A local law enforcement officer climbed to the roof and found Crooks, who pointed the rifle at the officer. The officer retreated down the ladder, and the gunman quickly fired toward Trump, the officials said. That’s when U.S. Secret Service gunmen shot him, the officials said.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-rally-assassination-attempt-db24c5bfbbe7d09fa2437c3c836bb434?taid=6694218469c80700016401c0

https://dailycaller.com/2024/07/14/officer-encounter-shooter-trump-assassination-attempt/

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Forget about subjective assessments like untrained and scared, the big pumpkin looking thing shown in this photo shows an agent that is objectively not qualified, just by physical size.  Just lucky there wasn't another shooter.

Trump.webp.ae479bf8ca645133588a08e68e40f09e.webp

11 hours ago, Terrance8812 said:

It’s always entertaining to listen to all the goofy and bizarre conspiracy theories of the MAGA minions. First Biden is a walking corpse not even capable of shaking the dew off his own lily and the next minute he’s a mastermind plotting some sophisticated tactical plans to take Trump out which involve the deep state (whoever they are), the secret service, a 20 year old kid who isn’t even a great shooter, and the list goes on. 

If all the fantastical far-fetched fantasies weren’t so funny to listen to it would be sad to think people are really that confused and gullible about what really is fact and fiction. 

The one thing I can say about the emergence of this cartoon character Trump, and all his ridiculous buffoonery for the last 8 years, is that it has helped to expose the deep cracks in society and how foolish so many of the people in the world today really are.  

I haven’t read all pages of this thread, but I have followed all the various theories about the shooting on the X website.  Lots of questions raised.  Not many real answers yet about anything. But to say anyone who questions the apparent happenings as “fantastical far-fetched fantasies” is naive.  

Could the shooting have been merely an unfortunate confluence of events?  Poor advance preparation by the Secret Service? Poor training of recent DEI hires? Gross negligence?  A disturbed 20-year-old kid who happened to be a poor shooter coupled with a target who moved his head unexpectedly at just the right time?

Anything is possible, I suppose.  

Questions:

In a statement allegedly written by the Secret Service sniper, he indicates he had the shooter in his scope for several minutes, but was denied the authority to eliminate him until AFTER the shooter was able to get off a few rounds. How does that make any sense?  Is that really the protocol?  You see the president is in danger, you see that person has a rifle, but you need authorization to eliminate the threat? That doesn’t make sense to me.  Moreover, this scenario suggests the possibility of a coordinated inside job. Authorization was withheld just long enough to allow the shooter to shoot.  

Witnesses near the shooter’s location reported the shooter to the police, but somehow, Trump was allowed to remain on stage. Apparently , the police did nothing. Again, this suggests either gross incompetence or the fact that that’s what was supposed to happen.

All things considered, my conclusion is that, at a minimum, the Secret Service protection was, in this instance, grossly incompetent. Whoever is running that agency should resign. 

On the other hand, I can’t rule out an inside job.  Far fetched, maybe.  But not impossible.  The Deep State will stop at nothing to keep Trump out of the White House again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

go for it search jingthing, tug, roo, and the many others trump bashers here, or the hateful 8 (i belie someone here calls them) pretty sure you will find them all saying it in 1 way or another. i' mot wasting my time, if you have followed the trumps threads you will have seen it for yourself.

No link them. No surprise because your statements are not true.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I haven’t read all pages of this thread, but I have followed all the various theories about the shooting on the X website.  Lots of questions raised.  Not many real answers yet about anything. But to say anyone who questions the apparent happenings as “fantastical far-fetched fantasies” is naive.  

Could the shooting have been merely an unfortunate confluence of events?  Poor advance preparation by the Secret Service? Poor training of recent DEI hires? Gross negligence?  A disturbed 20-year-old kid who happened to be a poor shooter coupled with a target who moved his head unexpectedly at just the right time?

Questions:

In a statement allegedly written by the Secret Service sniper, he indicates he had the shooter in his scope for several minutes, but was denied the authority to eliminate him until AFTER the shooter was able to get off a few rounds. How does that make any sense?  Is that really the protocol?  You see the president is in danger, you see that person has a rifle, but you need authorization to eliminate the threat? That doesn’t make sense to me.  Moreover, this scenario suggests the possibility of a coordinated inside job. Authorization was withheld just long enough to allow the shooter to shoot.  

Witnesses near the shooter’s location reported the shooter to the police, but somehow, Trump was allowed to remain on stage. Apparently , the police did nothing. Again, this suggests either gross incompetence or the fact that that’s what was supposed to happen.

All things considered, my conclusion is that, at a minimum, the Secret Service protection was, in this instance, grossly incompetent. Whoever is running that agency should resign. 

On the other hand, I can’t rule out an inside job.  Far fetched, maybe.  But not impossible.  The Deep State will stop at nothing to keep Trump out of the White House again.

Just wait for the report and draw conclusions after that.

Yes, far fetched. And mentioning the Deep State make it clear where you're coming from.

You see the president is in danger

In danger of what? The president wasn't there. Again this shows where you're coming from. Nothing wrong with that, but stop with pretending to be an outside observer.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, jas007 said:

In a statement allegedly written by the Secret Service sniper, he indicates he had the shooter in his scope for several minutes, but was denied the authority to eliminate him until AFTER the shooter was able to get off a few rounds.

Is there a link to that statement?  I'm not doubting it, just looking for verification. 

Edit:  I'd add that would be in conflict with a statement by the FBI.

Kevin Rojek, had confirmed that the FBI is leading the investigation into the shooting and that it “is our assessment at this time” that law enforcement did not know the shooter was on the roof until he began firing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/14/was-trump-shooting-secret-service-fail/74400138007/

Edited by impulse

image.png.9af03eb818a9642f74912498b66801f3.png

So now, Trump is playing golf after the shooting. In photos it looks as there is a portion of his ear missing where the blood is coming from but I have not read anything about it in the news as of yet. 

I am curious why there is no news of possible links that Bidens campaign words did not aggravate or entice someone to become a shooter to put Trump in their bullseye? 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, stevenl said:

In danger of what? The president wasn't there. Again this shows where you're coming from. Nothing wrong with that, but stop with pretending to be an outside observer.

Quit being pedantic.  Former presidents are referred to as Mr President.

Besides, "former and future" is a lot of typing.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is there a link to that statement?  I'm not doubting it, just looking for verification. 

Kevin Rojek, had confirmed that the FBI is leading the investigation into the shooting and that it “is our assessment at this time” that law enforcement did not know the shooter was on the roof until he began firing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/14/was-trump-shooting-secret-service-fail/74400138007/

If I see the story again, I’ll post the link.  Some people have suggested that the supposed comment from the counter sniper guy could have been manufactured by anyone, so it could all be disproven at this point. There are videos, though, that seem to show that the  shooter was in the sniper’s sights for a while before he was killed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Quit being pedantic.  Former presidents are referred to as Mr President.

Besides, "former and future" is a lot of typing.

A pity you don't see the difference. As I said, it shows the train of the though of the poster.

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

If I see the story again, I’ll post the link.  Some people have suggested that the supposed comment from the counter sniper guy could have been manufactured by anyone, so it could all be disproven at this point. There are videos, though, that seem to show that the  shooter was in the sniper’s sights for a while before he was killed. 

Just now, LosLobo said:

He thought that Nancy called the National Guard like she was supposed to

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Good info.  Thx.

The way I read it, the cop got to the top of the ladder, saw the armed guy and had to back off because his hands were on the ladder and not on his gun.  The article made it sound like the shooting started within a few seconds, but that may just be the way I read it.  I'm sure we'll be getting more details as the investigation unfolds.

Here's another version.  https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/trump-rally-assassination-attempt-july-14

Edited by Hawaiian

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

image.png.9af03eb818a9642f74912498b66801f3.png

So now, Trump is playing golf after the shooting. In photos it looks as there is a portion of his ear missing where the blood is coming from but I have not read anything about it in the news as of yet. 

I am curious why there is no news of possible links that Bidens campaign words did not aggravate or entice someone to become a shooter to put Trump in their bullseye? 

The shooter was a registered Republican.

A nutcase with a Republican endorsed AR15

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The shooter was a registered Republican.

A nutcase with a Republican endorsed AR15

Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican. But Crooks appeared to have made a $15 donation to a liberal political action committee on Inauguration Day 2021, according to Federal Election Commission records.

So he gave up being a Republican. 

As for the AR15. That just shows you are a stout Democrat and are using this incident to try to make Republicans their fault for this to happen. Also, The gun was registered to the father legally and the shooter took it from his father without the father knowing.

Edited by thesetat2013
add more

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Just a quick comment about the FBI statement.  

Did you see the BBC interview with the guy who pointed out the shooter to the police?  The local police knew there was someone on the roof.  And the snipers knew there was a guy on the roof well before Trump was shot.  There are videos that show that.  Most definitely.

This whole incident is looking more and more like in inside job of sorts.  

And what about the lady in the crowd directly behind Trump.  She seemed to be expecting the attack.  At just the right moment, she puts down her Trump sign, picks up her phone, and begins taking a video. While everyone in the crowd is in panic mode, she’s sitting there with her camera taking a video, cool as a cucumber.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

He thought that Nancy called the National Guard like she was supposed to

He kept on watching, waiting for the National Guard to show up.

3 hours ago, jas007 said:

Questions:

Jonathan Willis, the officer in the famous photo of the two snipers on the roof at Trump's rally, has informed the public that he had the assassin in his sights for at least 3 minutes, but the head of the Secret Service refused to give the order to take out the perpetrator. They prevented him from stopping the assassin before he took shots at President Trump and killed a spectator and wounded 2 others

This was in X now. 

Edited by thesetat2013

48 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican. But Crooks appeared to have made a $15 donation to a liberal political action committee on Inauguration Day 2021, according to Federal Election Commission records.

So he gave up being a Republican. 

As for the AR15. That just shows you are a stout Democrat and are using this incident to try to make Republicans their fault for this to happen. Also, The gun was registered to the father legally and the shooter took it from his father without the father knowing.

A stout Democrat!  55555

I'm not, nor am I American, 

I actually think for myself, know and reject religious fanaticism and greedy corporatism equally.  I just wish the sane parts of the world weren't affected by the nutcase ideologies of countries like Iran and the US.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thumbs Up 1