GEEK Perspective on: "Man Attempts to Assassinate Donald Trump at Campaign Rally"

Dear Folks,

Although I am not a geek, or a gik either, I often enjoy listening to the geek perspective on the news, or on crimes in the USA, or, especially, on Craziness in the USA.

I am an American, and so it is only natural for me, like most Americans, to enjoy hearing about crazy Americans, and crimes committed by crazy Americans.

In this case, we have another great geek analysis from a great Geek who has about 1.5 million subscribers.

Now, I suggest that you watch this video for Geeks, in order to better understand the PSYCHOLOGY behind this latest USA-based assassination attempt.

Naturally, I am not pro-assassination in such a circumstance as this.

However, this serves to remind us that unexpected events happen "suddenly", by definition.

Life is like this.

So far, personally, I have never been shot at.

And, therefore, I don't have any clue as to what Trump might have been feeling the moment that projectile whizzed by his ear, seemingly just nicking the skin of his outer ear.

This is why I depend upon geeks to help me imagine what it MIGHT HAVE been like.

I enjoyed this video, and I hope you will, too.

This geek is better than CNN and PBS, combined....

Personally, I have suffered much worse damage shaving in the mornings.

Regards,

Gamma

• Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Captain Flack said:

I have moved the topic into the political soapbox. It would have been best added to existing ongoing topics, but will let it stand on its own.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

In my lifetime there have been several attempts to assassinate US politicians, at least 2 of them being successful. In this case the bullet was only an inch away from shooting Trump through the head. His defiant survival, and the iconic photos taken, will go down in history, and will have impressed a lot of people around the world. 

Yes.

I agree completely.

Never a closer shave has Trump ever enjoyed in his life.

And, the image, which was engineered by Trump, after a bit of quick thinking at the spur of the moment, will go down in history, as you say.

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

In my lifetime there have been several attempts to assassinate US politicians, at least 2 of them being successful. In this case the bullet was only an inch away from shooting Trump through the head. His defiant survival, and the iconic photos taken, will go down in history, and will have impressed a lot of people around the world. 

The photos are appearing on media outlets around the world.  And it would appear as though Biden no longer has a chance at reelection.  However this all happened, it was a bit too much, and at this point, people are fed up with all the political bickering.  

On 7/15/2024 at 3:20 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

I agree completely.

Never a closer shave has Trump ever enjoyed in his life.

And, the image, which was engineered by Trump, after a bit of quick thinking at the spur of the moment, will go down in history, as you say.

Seriously, if you just had a bullet almost kill you, you could think fast enough to position yourself in front of a big flag that was behind you and there was a photographer conveniently positioned to capture it?

:cheesy:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously, if you just had a bullet almost kill you, you could think fast enough to position yourself in front of a big flag that was behind you and there was a photographer conveniently positioned to capture it?

:cheesy:

Seriously?

I could.

Also, Trump DID!

In the heat of the moment, it's possible to accomplish many feats of multitasking, simultaneously.

Time slows down for the target.

And, the target sees the world with SUPER CLARITY.

Much more would have been possible if only Trump were not so old and decrepit.

79 is not an age to run for high office.

I wonder if Trump has ever read any Piaget?

Or studied any developmental Psychology?

Trump believes that he will be Forever Young...

Forever Young!

Super Tramp!  Forever !!!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Time slows down for the target.

And, the target sees the world with SUPER CLARITY.

Unless you have been a target, I doubt you speak for all that have been.

I once thought I was certainly going to die, but my past life did not return, time did not slow, and I experienced zero clarity. Nor did I change my life after I survived.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once thought I was certainly going to die, but my past life did not return, time did not slow, and I experienced zero clarity. Nor did I change my life after I survived.

This experience that I described depends upon....

The experience.

The setting.

The onset, sudden or not.

And, obviously and most importantly...

The blood-level of adrenaline.

Without sufficient sudden influx of adrenaline, this foreshortening of time will not occur.

Also, if you are borderline Psychopath, you are less likely to experience what I described.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree with just about everything you post but with this I agree. Been there twice (unfortunately)

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

I disagree with just about everything you post but with this I agree.

Let's all keep in mind that much of what we "believe in", many of our basic preferences and biases...

Are genetically determined.

This means that we do not actively take part in, or make conscious decisions about, what we choose to believe.

And let us not forget that it is not "we" who form the opinions that we hold.

Rather, opinions that we hold are formed for us, through brain processes that are heavily influenced by genetics, and by environmental influences which remain below our conscious awareness, and beyond what we are able to consciously perceive.

Nobody knows why, really, they vote for Trump.

Their choice has been made for them, at the subconscious level, and therefore it's not, actually...

A choice based on logic.

Same with all political decisions, more or less...

Edited by GammaGlobulin

33 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Let's all keep in mind that much of what we "believe in", many of our basic preferences and biases...

Are genetically determined.

This means that we do not actively take part in, or make conscious decisions about, what we choose to believe.

And let us not forget that it is not "we" who form the opinions that we hold.

Rather, opinions that we hold are formed for us, through brain processes that are heavily influenced by genetics, and by environmental influences which remain below our conscious awareness, and beyond what we are able to consciously perceive.

Nobody knows why, really, they vote for Trump.

Their choice has been made for them, at the subconscious level, and therefore it's not, actually...

A choice based on logic.

Same with all political decisions, more or less...

I was talking about death. Not politics.

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

I was talking about death. Not politics.

Yes, of course.

And, I was talking about formation of beliefs, and opinions, political or otherwise.

So that when you stated, to another member, that "I disagree with just about everything you post but with this I agree", I was attempting to comment on the fact that "your" opinions, and "what you agree with" or disagree with, is not under your "conscious" control, but more an artifact and a bias created by genetic predisposition, as well as some environmental factors affecting gene expression, and other influences of your environment which are not part of what we are able to perceive.

You can think of it this way:  We are very much affected by ultraviolet light, even though we are unable to perceive it with our eyes, NOR are we able to detect UV, until after the fact, and after exposure.  There is much going on under the surface which causes us to agree or disagree with any view or any given person's views, and these factors are both important and also unknown to us.

I hope this is too deep for you, actually.

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

my only question is that a very robust female agent or a secret service dude in a man bun?

It is difficult to say, for sure.

That individual is wearing a bullet-proof vest.

So, from the waist up, often male and female agents look quite similar.

A bun is acceptable on a woman, in my view.

But a bun on a male is repugnant, at least to me.

And, rarely will a male have a bun in the oven.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

@GammaGlobulin You mean the study of Jonathan Cheek

No, not unless I am mistaken, I think.

Seems that Cheek has not directed his research towards formation of beliefs, nor to uncovering the extent to which genetics influences belief formation, which was what I was commenting upon.

Cheek is more interested in narcissism, as you know... 

I find associating with flaming narcissists to be rather tiresome.

In fact, these days, I do not even know any....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doing extreme sports for years, time definitely slows down when things start going south, and you have to do your drill to survive based on practice, experience, instincts and picking another limited ticket from the luck bucket. 

20 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No, not unless I am mistaken, I think.

Seems that Cheek has not directed his research towards formation of beliefs, nor to uncovering the extent to which genetics influences belief formation, which was what I was commenting upon.

Cheek is more interested in narcissism, as you know... 

I find associating with flaming narcissists to be rather tiresome.

In fact, these days, I do not even know any....

Sorry you're wrong. I'm talking about what makes you. Your genes, your upbringings, social environment, schooling and the such.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Doing extreme sports for years, time definitely slows down when things start going south, and you have to do your drill to survive based on practice, experience, instincts and picking another limited ticket from the luck bucket. 

Yes.

Thank you for your corroboration.

We know what is true.

Also, let's also not forget what happened to Gus Grissom, during one of his launches into orbit..

And, I am not referring to the capsule fire tragedy, either!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Sorry you're wrong. I'm talking about what makes you. Your genes, your upbringings, social environment, schooling and the such.

OK.

But, sorry.

I guess I did/do not catch your meaning, entirely.