New Year Accomodation @ Koh Phangan

Hi all,

Am arriving to Koh Phangan 3 days before New Years Eve... just wondering what beach do u recommend @ that time of year??Don't want to stay where all the Party is going on and don't want to go to the windy shore either... Please recommend something. And oh, should i book something in advance, or simply arrive and search 4 the accommodation?

thanks in advance, your answers are most appreciated!

Maja :o

OP asked for non-windy. TNP in december is usually fairly windy with waves.

malibu in chaloklam or sunset cove in haad chao prao.

what is you price range?

malibu is about 400 for a bungalow, but the beach is amazing. Aircond rooms with bath abt 1500.

sunset starts at 2000 tops out around 5000. beautiful pool, nice beach, great beds in the rooms and wireless internet.

Salad is package tour central, avoid the salad beach resort.

Green papaya is nice, amazing pool, but snotty. i have left angry everytime and friends agree the attitude is not worth the money.

book WELL in advance for all especially at NYE.

Edited by t.s

Salad Huts is the way to go, IMO. I've heard the same about Green Papaya. Guess you aren't French then t.s. :o

Chaloklam can get some massive waves in December. Haad Chao Phao is a good choice too.

Salad Huts is the way to go, IMO. I've heard the same about Green Papaya. Guess you aren't French then t.s. :o

Chaloklam can get some massive waves in December. Haad Chao Phao is a good choice too.

no, not french, and yes the waves can be pretty big, it slipped my mind. malibu is a great beach though and the family are pretty cool.