Musk wants to build flying metal suit

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

i am not 60 yet, but i can say i have lived long enough to see science fiction become science fact. the one thing that worries me most is whether AI will follow the plot as in terminator 1. when that movie came out no one at the time entertained the idea that AI could do the things it is doing now. for now with software like chatgpt... AI is veryyy politically correct, but it is a matter of time before that changes due to demand.

i hope i live to see that flying suit, better yet... i hope i get to try a flying suit

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

can call it Titan like the sub....ir just use the scrap from his rusting cybertrucks....Iron Man or Iron coffin....

aka a fool and his money are soon parted...too much of a good thing

Name someone alive today that has changed the world more than Elon Musk.  In fact name anyone in modern history, other than Robert Oppenheimer. 

Just his history with Twitter/X shows there are some things he values more than money.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Musk is one guy I hope will live to see the last of his natural lifespan on planet Earth....

Or, more likely....on....

Mars.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Well, he always thought of himself as the real iron man. Someone called him a fool and perhaps a bit of waster... hmmm. Have a look around the SPACE-X factory and his input on the Raptor engine, for example. Not my favourite martian, but the dude is well driven and certainly no thickie. Quite brilliant really.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Name someone alive today that has changed the world more than Elon Musk.  In fact name anyone in modern history, other than Robert Oppenheimer. 

Just his history with Twitter/X shows there are some things he values more than money.

Oppenheimer not a great example, changed things but at what cost and that would have come sooner or later. Not modern, but Newton is and always will be the father of physics as we know it and has probably had the biggest impact on modern human history. Einstein is Einstein and went further, but all had a stepping stone. Musk's bunch will still rely on Newtonian physics and calculus. 

• Agree 1

in your lifetime .. TV ..  Color TV    Mobil Phone  and then with live stream video

Wriight Bros at Kittyhawk                               F22 Raptor

image.jpeg.95931bf7c1cbd96ccf0305bcbfd57c89.jpegimage.jpeg.0b2d71e4695e52274ed03b361e8f2d1c.jpeg

what's really so far fetched ?    Other than T moving out of 3rd world status

You Can Now Rent Tony Stark’s Lake House on Airbnb