The Markland Condominium

philliphn

Does any one reading this live in the Marland Condominium?

Tell us what it is like to live in the Markland?

What is good about it and also bad?

i rented a condo there for 6 months when i retired to Pattaya in October 2005

Positives were the location as they are on the Baht Bus routes going down Beach Road to walking street and then coming back on 2nd road - can connect easily to busses running up Pataya Klang or Pattaya Tai - when i lived there i had no need to buy a cycle or car

Lots of places to eat near by - many street carts near 2nd road and soi 3 as well as Beach Road and soi 4 - many restaurant choices nearby as well - Red Step, Green Tree , etc

Not far from Soi 6..............as well as the beer bar complexes on Soi 1, 2 and 3 and the famous (infamous) Welcome Inn

A short walk to the Big C shopping area

Depending on the condo you rent the views can be great - i had a front unit so unobstructed views of the Pattaya waterfront

Staff always friendly and security seemed adequate - no problem with visitors

Depending on which side of the building your condo is on you can get UBC satellite TV

Negatives: older hotel and the power seemed to go out quite often - this is a commom problem everywhere in Pattaya - Water pipes in the building old and constantly needed repair - markups for electricity, telephone and water minimal - as far as i know, only dial up internet access

I ended up buying a condo on Wong Amat Beach after living there 6 months - in comparision, this is a much quieter area and a nicer beach but had to buy a car as this location is not on the baht bus routes