Trump lied 22 times in his acceptance speech.

20 minutes ago, candide said:

They did not claim the 2016 election was rigged by massive fraud. Trump did. 😀

The"left" are certainly not ruining the country. They have achieved the best post-Covid economic recovery among developped countries (I.e. G7 and EU).

As a leftist that only cares about money, you no doubt believe that, I do not. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

As a leftist that only cares about money, you no doubt believe that, I do not. 

That's the facts. Posted several times already.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Interesting John Oliver episode where they do a fairly deep dive on the 'migrant crime' wave as advertised by Trump and Fox News. Should really watch it if you believe there is a huge migrant crime wave. 

Why not tell us what it says? That immigrants on average commit fewer crimes than citizens? The last time I looked at such a study, they did not differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants, which is intellectually dishonest.

In any event, ten million illegal aliens in three years, and every one of them committed a crime when they crossed the border. 

So, ten million new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tonged, and almost always illiterate in English, and that likely will never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life.  

They will:

Put downward pressure on wages, which is great for the rich.

Put upward pressure on housing costs, which is also great for the rich.

Reduce the quality and availability of social services, which the rich do not care about.

Increase the size of government, which will benefit many of the rich. 

Overburden public schools, disproportionally forcing up the cost while at the same time reducing the quality, which the rich do not care about either. 

That's why Biden, Harris and the left all support open borders. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Why not tell us what it says? That immigrants on average commit fewer crimes than citizens? The last time I looked at such a study, they did not differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants, which is intellectually dishonest.

In any event, ten million illegal aliens in three years, and every one of them committed a crime when they crossed the border. 

So, ten million new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tonged, and almost always illiterate in English, and that likely will never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life.  

They will:

Reduce the quality and availability of social services, which the rich do not care about.

Overburden public schools, disproportionally forcing up the cost while at the same time reducing the quality, which the rich do not care about either. 

Maybe you skipped out on your econ class? Population growth is a key driver of economic growth. Without the locals having lots of babies you need immigrants to pick up the slack. Who do you think will pick the fruit & vegetables and clean the hotel rooms and cook your food at restaurants? It's one of the main reasons the US economic growth rate is one of the best in the world. 

"Economic growth is measured by changes in a country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) which can be decomposed into its population and economic elements by writing it as population times per capita GDP. Expressed as percentage changes, economic growth is equal to population growth plus growth in per capita GDP."

Try this article: "The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/02/27/economy-immigration-border-biden/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3ce2ea7%2F65de15acec584f026c7eb6e8%2F596b0d51ade4e24119acc289%2F8%2F53%2F65de15acec584f026c7eb6e8

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

They will:

I concur that the worker can be worse off and the rich do benefit - Republican and Democrat. Fair to want action. Not convinced either side will really stop the low cost labour. 

On crime specifically it showed how Fox and Trump succeeded in a few months to make migrant crime a big electoral issue when the evidence of it was low and  a few high profile  examples being pretty much wrong. But it achieved the aims and the audience is left none the wiser. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/21/2024 at 9:30 PM, Yellowtail said:

I'll take that to mean no, you don't have a quote and that you made up the part about people being jailed for making false claims.

I will also assume that I was correct that you do not care about Biden circumventing the Constitution because he's a leftist. 

blah, blah, blah...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mazungu said:

Maybe you skipped out on your econ class? Population growth is a key driver of economic growth. Without the locals having lots of babies you need immigrants to pick up the slack. Who do you think will pick the fruit & vegetables and clean the hotel rooms and cook your food at restaurants? It's one of the main reasons the US economic growth rate is one of the best in the world. 

"Economic growth is measured by changes in a country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) which can be decomposed into its population and economic elements by writing it as population times per capita GDP. Expressed as percentage changes, economic growth is equal to population growth plus growth in per capita GDP."

Try this article: "The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/02/27/economy-immigration-border-biden/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3ce2ea7%2F65de15acec584f026c7eb6e8%2F596b0d51ade4e24119acc289%2F8%2F53%2F65de15acec584f026c7eb6e8

Again, that's why I said that Biden, Kamala and the left all love open borders, and why they let ten million illegals in. Was that not clear? 

You support open borders, yes? 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

blah, blah, blah...

That's what I thought, you don't have a quote and that you made up the part about people being jailed for making false claims.

I will also assume that I was correct that you do not care about Biden circumventing the Constitution because he's a leftist. 

Thanks for confirming. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I concur that the worker can be worse off and the rich do benefit - Republican and Democrat. Fair to want action. Not convinced either side will really stop the low cost labour. 

On crime specifically it showed how Fox and Trump succeeded in a few months to make migrant crime a big electoral issue when the evidence of it was low and  a few high profile  examples being pretty much wrong. But it achieved the aims and the audience is left none the wiser. 

Trump started building the wall and enacted policies that resulted in the border being largely closed. The left fought him tooth and nail, and did everything they could to stop the wall, and to stop the policies. 

Biden came in and immediately stopped construction of the wall (at great cost in penalties) and canceled all the policies and opened the border. 

There is a faction of the Republican party that supports open border, but those are not Trump supporters. Anyone that does not see a clear distinction between right and left on the border is not paying attention.  

A significant majority of the American public wants the wall built and the border closed. Trump did all he could to build the wall, and again, the left fought him tooth and nail to stop it. Then, when Trump ran for reelection, the left attacked Trump for not getting more of the wall done. 

"Truth is not a left-wing value." 

38 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, that's why I said that Biden, Kamala and the left all love open borders, and why they let ten million illegals in. Was that not clear? 

You support open borders, yes? 

I guess you're the type that because of your fear of "others" (i.e. most likely brown people) you would rather have an economy that stagnates for 30 years like Japan? That's a big price to pay for your insecurities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's what I thought, you don't have a quote and that you made up the part about people being jailed for making false claims.

Thanks for confirming. 

Just responding in the same manner as you. It has already been provided in a number of OPs trump associates failed for false claims. e.g. Bannon, Roger Stone (trump provided immunity), Cohen etc etc etc refer below:

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/07/trump-associates-prison-sentence-crimes-list

How about complying to forum rule and provide credible link for your claim of Biden non compliance with Constitution?

18 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

I guess you're the type that because of your fear of "others" (i.e. most likely brown people) you would rather have an economy that stagnates for 30 years like Japan? That's a big price to pay for your insecurities. 

So now you dodge the question and play the race card, typical.

How's all that immigration working out in Sweden? 

So, if millions of people flooding across the border is a good thing, why does the left pretend like they are against it at election time? 

ten million illegal aliens in three years, and every one of them committed a crime when they crossed the border. Ten million new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tonged, and almost always illiterate in English, and that likely will never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life.  

They will:

Your response that I'm a racist. I assume if I am against the genital multination of children, and do not want men in women's prisons that makes me trans-phobic as well, yes? 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Just responding in the same manner as you. It has already been provided in a number of OPs trump associates failed for false claims. e.g. Bannon, Roger Stone (trump provided immunity), Cohen etc etc etc refer below:

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/07/trump-associates-prison-sentence-crimes-list

How about complying to forum rule and provide credible link for your claim of Biden non compliance with Constitution?

Steve Bannon, Roger Stone and Cohen were not jailed for making false claims. Did you read that on Vox? 

• Confused 1

They will:

Much is this true.  The flood of illegal do lower wages for the lower end of the society.  They do put pressure on local schools and social services.  They have to live somewhere and housing is not exactly affordable in the USA. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So now you dodge the question and play the race card, typical.

How's all that immigration working out in Sweden? 

So, if millions of people flooding across the border is a good thing, why does the left pretend like they are against it at election time? 

ten million illegal aliens in three years, and every one of them committed a crime when they crossed the border. Ten million new low and no skilled "workers", that are often illiterate in their native tonged, and almost always illiterate in English, and that likely will never assimilate, and many of whom will be on some form of public assistance for life.  

They will:

Your response that I'm a racist. I assume if I am against the genital multination of children, and do not want men in women's prisons that makes me trans-phobic as well, yes? 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

26 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Oh, that's a really strong response. You should stick to regurgitating and posting links. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Oh, that's a really strong response. You should stick to regurgitating and posting links. 

You're always asking me just to cut and paste from the articles. I post the links for people that can read more than two sentences. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, dukebowling said:

Just want to clarify the sexual abuse/rape civil cases against Trump.

He was not convicted of a crime, this was a civil case. The first case he was shown liable by a jury of sexual abuse and issued a summary judgment by the judge in the second case.

The first jury stated he did not commit rape. Just because a judge (in the second case) asserts it, does not make it so. The judge could now be sued for slander. Also, that judge made a summary judgment bypassing the legal process depriving Trump of a trial based on merits.

Either way, Trump could never get a fair trial in NY.  Biased jury pool will convict no matter what because the end justifies the means argument, while a flawed one, is compelling to them.

I would suggest you read the court transcripts and find out what a farce the trial was. One point that completely exonerated Trump was the fact that Jean Carroll could not remember the day that the alleged offense occurred. This would be thrown out in any normal court because the defendant has to have the opportunity to defend themselves with an alibi, etc. If you can't narrow down the date, how can you begin to discuss what happened, where you were, witnesses that saw you etc. 

Complete joke.

Will be appealed anyway.

Life sucks and you die.

8 hours ago, dukebowling said:

Just want to clarify the sexual abuse/rape civil cases against Trump.

He was not convicted of a crime, this was a civil case. The first case he was shown liable by a jury of sexual abuse and issued a summary judgment by the judge in the second case.

The first jury stated he did not commit rape. Just because a judge (in the second case) asserts it, does not make it so. The judge could now be sued for slander. Also, that judge made a summary judgment bypassing the legal process depriving Trump of a trial based on merits.

Either way, Trump could never get a fair trial in NY.  Biased jury pool will convict no matter what because the end justifies the means argument, while a flawed one, is compelling to them.

I would suggest you read the court transcripts and find out what a farce the trial was. One point that completely exonerated Trump was the fact that Jean Carroll could not remember the day that the alleged offense occurred. This would be thrown out in any normal court because the defendant has to have the opportunity to defend themselves with an alibi, etc. If you can't narrow down the date, how can you begin to discuss what happened, where you were, witnesses that saw you etc. 

Complete joke.

Will be appealed anyway.

Carroll couldn't remember the year that her alleged assault occured

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Carroll couldn't remember the year that her alleged assault occured

Didn't she only 'remember" the "crime" after she saw the exact same thing, at the exact same department store on TV? 

How funny is that?